Skip to main content

Could Chenbot be replaced?

DigitalCorp

Always Watching
Julie Chen's husband is Les Moonves, and he recently got fired from CBS in light of certain sexual allegations. On Thursday's episode, Julie signed off as "Julie Chen Moonves". She's standing by her man. However, could she be replaced after this season?

If so, who would you want to see in her place? My vote is Sonia Kruger. She has experience with Big Brother, she's sexy, she's a great dancer, and she's not Julie Chen.

Not of fan of Sonia or Arisa (Canadian version). Chen is more of the old school style with more authority, she's been with it from the start.

Julie Chen's husband is Les Moonves, and he recently got fired from CBS in light of certain sexual allegations. On Thursday's episode, Julie signed off as "Julie Chen Moonves". She's standing by her man. However, could she be replaced after this season?

If so, who would you want to see in her place? My vote is Sonia Kruger. She has experience with Big Brother, she's sexy, she's a great dancer, and she's not Julie Chen.

No thanks. Sonia was so stilted and stiff when hosting BB. I believe a BB host has to be either authoritative like Gretel or fun and playful like Emma Willis from BB UK.

Are you kidding me? If they were going to replace Julie it would not be with some random international BB host... They'd find another American that is more than capable of filling her shoes... This is nothing more than just another plot to have you suggest that BBUS is inadequate and that it should morph into some sort of BBAU clone... If Julie goes the chances of BB surviving are slim... At the end of the day BB has survived all these years due to Julie and her husband... This thread is really nothing more than @DigitalCorp reliving his biggest wet dream and the fact he feels empowered now that he's had one insignificant member (@The10thDoctor) white knight for him...

ETA: Just so I stay relatively on topic if they did recast Julie Chen I'd want her replacement to be Brooke Burns... For those unfamiliar some of her best work was hosting the American version of The Chase...

Last edited:
can the mods please ask Kingston to stop the ad hom attacks and to stop derailing threads? thankyou kindly.

They’re welcome to ask... That said I doubt my tactics in dealing with you or that little twerp will change... Also at least I’m honest about my “trolling” ways...

You really are an idiot if you believe Sonia Kruger should be let anywhere near any Big Brother franchise ever again. Truly the worst presenter I've seen, and I've seen Brian Dowling and Kyle Sandilands.

Are you kidding me? If they were going to replace Julie it would not be with some random international BB host... They'd find another American that is more than capable of filling her shoes... This is nothing more than just another plot to have you suggest that BBUS is inadequate and that it should morph into some sort of BBAU clone... If Julie goes the chances of BB surviving are slim... At the end of the day BB has survived all these years due to Julie and her husband... This thread is really nothing more than @DigitalCorp reliving his biggest wet dream and the fact he feels empowered now that he's had one insignificant member (@The10thDoctor) white knight for him...

ETA: Just so I stay relatively on topic if they did recast Julie Chen I'd want her replacement to be Brooke Burns... For those unfamiliar some of her best work was hosting the American version of The Chase...

Not a bad shout actually, but O/T they ruined The Chase far more than I realised.

You really are an idiot if you believe Sonia Kruger should be let anywhere near any Big Brother franchise ever again. Truly the worst presenter I've seen, and I've seen Brian Dowling and Kyle Sandilands.

AsOr.gif

Not a bad shout actually, but O/T they ruined The Chase far more than I realised.

I thought the American version of The Chase was actually a pretty faithful adaptation other than the fact that they had one less contestant and a single Chaser... I can't think of a more suited host for the role Brooke plays... She's the perfect cheerleader and a pretty decent foil to The Beast...

In other news Julie announced she's leaving The Talk and BB producers are apparently worried she'll be leaving their show too...

Big Brother Staff Is ‘Nervous’ Julie Chen Will Leave amid Husband Les Moonves’ Scandal: Source

As she continues to stand by her husband, CBS’s former CEO Leslie “Les” Moonves, amid his sexual misconduct scandal, Julie Chen‘s future as the host of Big Brother is up in the air.

“[Julie] has always been very hands-on as the host,” a source close to the the network’s reality competition show tells PEOPLE. “She knows everyone’s name on the crew, and she is very involved. She’s been doing this show for 18 years; she’s the face of Big Brother. A lot of the crew members are millennials who grew up watching her, and she has been so great to them. She’s very approachable, and she really cares about making the show as good as possible.”

“The last few weeks have been different, though,” the source adds. “She comes in, does what she has to do, and leaves. She doesn’t make small talk; she doesn’t talk to the crew. She comes in, does her job, and leaves. It’s clear you can’t approach her. If she’s not on camera, she’s either on her phone or she retreats to her room. It’s like a different host. It’s not that other people can’t host a show like this, but I don’t know how you get someone who cares as much as she does. It feels like she’s totally checked out of Big Brother, which makes everyone nervous.”

Reps for Chen and Big Brother did not immediately return PEOPLE’s requests for comment.

Last week, Chen, 48, returned to CBS to host Big Brother and sent a subtle message of solidarity to her husband as she signed off from the show, looking at the camera and saying, “I’m Julie Chen Moonves. Goodnight.”

It was the first time that she has used the last name Moonves on the show — and it came just days after her husband was fired after multiple women accused him of sexual harassment.

Moonves, 68, has admitted to acting inappropriately in the past but said he has always “understood and respected — and abided by the principle — that ‘no’ means ‘no,’” and never misused his “position to harm or hinder anyone’s career.”

A insider close to the Big Brother production previously told PEOPLE, “Everyone knows that it’s a big ‘f— you’ to CBS that she did it, because she never, ever refers to herself as anything but Julie Chen.”

“It’s sort of perfect when you think about it,” the insider continued. “The casual viewer probably didn’t even notice, but I promise you that the network did. They were watching every single second of the show to see if she would do anything. They must have been breathing a sigh of relief because the show was almost over, and then that happened!”

Chen announced her decision to leave CBS’s daytime series The Talk on Tuesday, saying “Right now I need to spend more time at home with my husband and our young son.”

While Che continues her hosting duties at the Big Brother house for the time being, her passion for the show and the competition has not seemed the same, according to the first source.

“She always used to be involved in every part of it,” the source says. “She wanted to make sure that the show didn’t get stale. She doesn’t give any input now, and hasn’t for a lot of the season. It’s ‘Stand there, look at the camera, say your lines, go home.'”

“She’s a complete professional, but she’s just not as hands-on as she used to be,” the source adds. “It’s very different. It really does feel like she’s done. This season is almost over, but we don’t know anything about what will happen next season, and it’s making us all very nervous. It’s all we talk about.”

Chen and Moonves married in 2004 and share 8-year-old son Charlie.

https://people.com/tv/big-brother-staff-nervous-julie-chen-will-leave/

Back