Skip to main content

jessy_girl's junk food jamboree

Cadburys have gone and changed their Roses chocolates again.
The only ones I like are GONE - they got rid of the orange cream ages ago and now they've ditched strawberry cream and replaced it with white chocolate with raspberry chips, replaced peppermint cream with a crunchy one, and replaced Turkish Delight with a coffee flavoured one (YUCK!).

The only ones I like are GONE - they got rid of the orange cream ages ago and now they've ditched strawberry cream and replaced it with white chocolate with raspberry chips, replaced peppermint cream with a crunchy one, and replaced Turkish Delight with a coffee flavoured one (YUCK!).

I don’t know why they change those sort of things. It’s just wrong!

On facebook everyone was complainng, and Cadbury were replying to each post with "I'm sorry you're disappointed but audience research has shown..." blah blah blah. They claimed that no one likes strawberry cream or peppermint - I don't know anyone who doesn't like them!

On facebook everyone was complainng, and Cadbury were replying to each post with "I'm sorry you're disappointed but audience research has shown..." blah blah blah. They claimed that no one likes strawberry cream or peppermint - I don't know anyone who doesn't like them!
OMG IS THIS TRUE? I need the old chockies. I NEED THE PEPPERMINT and STRAWBERRY ones :( SO SAD - looks like everything in life is being taken away "( Kill me off, with stuff I enjoy and then you take away - thanks for that ........ NOT ...... oh well, I am not going to live forever - so I will not buy roses chocolates ever again and look for packets of mint chocolate - FU Roses

OMG IS THIS TRUE? I need the old chockies. I NEED THE PEPPERMINT and STRAWBERRY ones :( SO SAD - looks like everything in life is being taken away "( Kill me off, with stuff I enjoy and then you take away - thanks for that ........ NOT ...... oh well, I am not going to live forever - so I will not buy roses chocolates ever again and look for packets of mint chocolate - FU Roses

I know, it's sad and stupid when they change something just for the sake of it. I don't buy Roses that often, but they are good to have a Xmas and special occasions, but I won't be buying the new boxes until they bring back strawberry and peppermint.

I think you can still buy these, which are nice
enhanced-buzz-23570-1393369525-5.jpg

They seem to be trying to sell the idea that people want chocolate with crunchy bits. I certainly don't!

I left them a message :p
"So many new flavours, yet you stopped doing cheese. I wish you'd bring them back, they are the only ones I bought. No other brand does cheese, it's an obvious gap in the market. Whereas everyone does chicken or bbq."

Something weird has been going on with Milky Way bars. For quite a few months I couldn't find them any anywhere, except for those multi packs in supermarkets but you couldn't find them to buy on their own. I thought maybe they were being discontinued? But recently say in the last couple of months I have found them again in Coles but they are now double the size. I hope they are not on the way out too.

OMG...............friggin HEAVEN.........cheese, any sort is my passion and preferred 'junk' food, I get given cheese for Christmas gifts.....
I think I could drink that gooey goodness down.

What are those cheeses? Ok I saw, 3 kinds, cambert, reblochon,raclette
Cheese also makes me think of Dad, it is in my genes, and his cheese on toast was the best....

But i came here to tout STRAWBERRIES.......I am currently scoffing cut up strawberries with pineapple and raspberries, heaven

I bought 6 big punnets, strawberry mousse tonight

Yum that sounds divine......and I am trying to get more fruit and veg into my diet...here comes all that lush summer fruit, and yummy salads
Summer food is the best

No sign of anything foreign in mine, so cheap, now is the time to make everything strawberry
And, I hate blueberries.....and raspberries and strawberries have more of the good stuff they claim blueberries are good for

EAT MORE STRAWBERRIES:)

Easy great strawberry recipe.......
1537928215467.png

300Grams Ripe strawberries good way to use up soft ones! 3Egg whites 50Grams Caster sugar 142Milliliters Double cream
METHOD HERE, with picture guide

https://snapguide.com/guides/make-simple-strawberry-mousse/

It is the simplest thing ever, you basically whip everything separately 3 bowls, cream, eggwhites, whip strawberries with sugar
Mix fruit & cream first; then fold into the eggs, shove it in the fridge, 2-3hrs or overnight, voila

(I was slack with measurements, I just whipped enough cream to be about what I felt right, about half a big cup)

Eat more marmalade.

Why?
Are orange farmers going bust???
Almost fete season, where I get the best homemade marmalade, I happen to love marmalade, especially kumquat version

I am eating my own private junk passion, OMG it is sinfully good
BRILLAT-SAVARIN,,,,,cheese, with crusty sourdough bread
Cheese is from Simon Johnson gourmet cheese room
It melts on the bread and in my mouth - heaven

2nd course is sushi, inari and nigiri

No cooking everyone went to footy parties:)

I just ate this, BONFIRE BURGER, from GRILL'D

IMG_2446-Bonfire-BBQ-on-Trad-900x900px.jpg

Heavenly delicious, best ever take-away burger I ever ate.........it was even better than my own home made

I don't want to be "that person" who preaches about the evils of junk food, because we all know it's delicious. But I'm quite pleased with myself, as my current diet is going well. I haven't even had bread, never mind chocolate or cake or ice cream, for about 2 weeks now, and I've limited soft drinks to the occasional can of Kirks sugar-free .

Back