Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2018) - Episode 1 Discussion

Oh, the irony of having been nicknamed Sneaky Steve when you should have just been called Stupid Steve. He's out next. I would bet real moola that he's never watched Survivor, because he's literally so clueless.

Matt the Bad Cop ejected himself so resoundingly it didn't seem possible. Or logical.

I'm actually liking Russell so far. At least he PLAYS. But that idol was placed there for him to find, let's face it.

Prediction: Damien the leg-free dude might just win this.

Oh, the irony of having been nicknamed Sneaky Steve when you should have just been called Stupid Steve. He's out next. I would bet real moola that he's never watched Survivor, because he's literally so clueless.

I think he must have. He called Jonathan "Jeff" after all.

I'm actually liking Russell so far. At least he PLAYS. But that idol was placed there for him to find, let's face it.

It's easy to think that.

Haven't read the verdict here yet, but I thought that was pretty good. Better than I expected, and it should play out in interesting ways.
Matt was a typical overplaying first boot, though I think Steve is pretty clueless and will follow soon after. "Jeff"???

Russell Hantz is all piss and wind, and he will also fizzle out soon. Gotta laugh at him dissing Natalie White, He carries a pretty young girl to the end, and how does that work out for you Russell? Oh that's right, they beat you. And you don't even have to be a social genius like Parvati, you just have to NOT be Russell Hantz.

Saw this gif on twitter, and it pretty much sums up Tribal Council in three words.

tenor.gif

Damian - fantastic bloke, very inspirational, I hope he goes a long way in this game.
Russell, he's a bad ass, but you need someone you love to hate.

Russell's found so many idols without clues that its not that hard to believe he found it for himself. They obviously put him on a tribe who doesn't know much about the game because to just let him loose like that doesn't make any sense.

I was torn at the end, I found Steve funny and I was wanting him to stay, but at the same time I haven't had the impression he can really do much in the game. Maybe he could be like a 'goat' figure that people want to take further. With Matt it seemed like a typical dig your own grave situation at tribal. If his plan was to go against the bro alliance that he spotted he didn't convince the others to come with him. Maybe he was also trying to bluff he had an idol, but if so he had got to a desperate stage. At least he went out guns blazing and made it a more interesting episode when it looked like it was going to be a very simple boot.

For me, I didn't assume that the promo with Damien celebrating a win was from the first episode. But I was wrong obviously.

...I remembered the background of the challenge from the Ad and his reaction to an obvious win of some sort and when he was the main star of the team at that point I kind of knew Meglos... but as I said to Timmy... I thought that the 'winning scene' was pure misdirection to throw us off and that's why I picked the Contenders to win it lol!... I can thank the producers of Masterchef for conditioning me be misled like that... the show has finished yet their tendrils are STILL within my mind!... bastards!... lol!... cheers.

Steve called JLP, Jeff!

Jeff Probst is the Survivor presenter archetype, I think all others are influenced by him.

"Sticking to the plan" will probably turn to backstabbing.. They just don't want him to use any idol.

There may have been an attempt to bluff they were still going for Steve. The vote did turn out split though, so Matt caused a bit of chaos if nothing else. But thinking about it the vote may well have been planned like this, a split vote in case one of them had an idol.

Haven't read the verdict here yet, but I thought that was pretty good. Better than I expected, and it should play out in interesting ways.
Matt was a typical overplaying first boot, though I think Steve is pretty clueless and will follow soon after. "Jeff"???

Russell Hantz is all piss and wind, and he will also fizzle out soon. Gotta laugh at him dissing Natalie White, He carries a pretty young girl to the end, and how does that work out for you Russell? Oh that's right, they beat you. And you don't even have to be a social genius like Parvati, you just have to NOT be Russell Hantz.

The contenders tribe looks more interesting so far, though Matt went he at least got them thinking beyond Steve. In going he even said if he went he wished Steve luck.

Natalie, didn't do much for me really. All I remember is the edit making a big deal out of her killing a rat, they didn't seem to have much to show. Russell won fan favourite twice, you could say the edit helped, but you have to do something to get an edit as well, and he was active. There probably aren't many anti-heroes who become fan favourites in America, might be even fewer in Australia (though I'm guessing).

I don't remember anyone being so obvious about their idol search in the previous seasons as Matt and Steve have been.

It's the evolution of Survivor. :D

I think that the "Champions" are going to find it very tough dealing with Russell Hantz. All indications are that they (especially the sporty ones) are a bunch of Lee's, and are going to try to play with integrity and honour and all that other guff that just makes you look self-righteous and almost guarantees that the public will want you to lose.
I doubt many of them are true Survivor fans, and probably only have the slightest notion of how Hantz operates.

The Contenders, on the other hand, are likely to be more aware, and I predict that all of the interesting gameplay will come from them.

I doubt many of them are true Survivor fans, and probably only have the slightest notion of how Hantz operates.

The Contenders, on the other hand, are likely to be more aware, and I predict that all of the interesting gameplay will come from them.

I agree. I saw someone make the same observation elsewhere (Whirlpool? Can't remember). Worth considering. Or you could completely disregard that as a misdirection. Haha. :D

I agree. I saw someone make the same observation elsewhere (Whirlpool? Can't remember). Worth considering. Or you could completely disregard that as a misdirection. Haha. :D

Ha. The only other opinions I can bear to read are on here. I did join a facebook Survivor group but I have never posted in it and can't get on board with any of their opinions.

Back