Skip to main content

Masterchef 2018

Maybe the finale was the point at which Gary and George could no longer protect Ben or overhype him, even they'd know that if he'd been judged the winner despite Sashi being way better, the backlash on social media would have been huge and the Masterchef brand would never have recovered.
I looked at that gantry last night and it was obvious that there were 4 people at least up there who have been better opponents for Sashi, Khahn or Reece especially were more consistently good over the season than Ben, who frankly was propelled along by the 3 judges all the way. Similarly, Sarah and Chloe were kept on the show for far longer than they should have been.
For 2019, Gary and George need to put into retirement, get 2 more impartial judges, and cut out some of the stupid immunity pin challenges too.

Just finished the finale and I'm so happy, Sashi has been my fave to win for a while now, was getting worried but he pulled it out. Unlike most of you, lol, I like Ben and was happy for him to come in second, but would have been glad for Khan as well. What a great season.

Was great to see Arum and some of those other familiar faces whose names I've already forgotten. I just kept pointing at the screen going oh there's whats his name, and her, and him, lol. I'm awful with names.

The Masterchef finale beat the Ninja Warrior finale with 1.1 million and 1.3 million for the announcement of the winner. This was the same ratings the the finale got last year. It was also number one in all demos. Masterchef this year was only down 20k on average from last year, the lowest drop of all the reality shows this year.

Ninja Warrior on the other hand was down a massive 1 million people.

Ninja Warrior - the novelty has worn off with that one, I think that's reflected in the ratings figures this year, compared to 2017.
As much as we bag Masterchef here, there's still a lot of loyalty and love towards the brand out there in viewer land, I certainly still feel a certain affection for it, and I dearly want it to survive and be improved in the coming years.
Anyway my friends, thanks for all the fun this season in this particular thread, it's been a blast, I look forward to chatting with you about other TV in the next few months, be it Survivor Australia or the Bachelor Australia or whatever else people are discussing. Cheers![DOUBLEPOST=1533100302][/DOUBLEPOST]And if Big Brother ever returned to Australian screens...........I'd be right into that too

...as with Evan44 I would really like to say thankyou to all of the posters on this thread this season too... you all made it so tolerable for me in dealing with Gary/George/Ben/Big Red and Chloe this year... I could not have stayed sane if it wasn't for all of you wonderful people... I'm sorry if I have been a tad bit cranky at times and may have ranted a few times too often but since I had my 2 strokes my Doctors have told me not to hold things in and bottle it up as it could be one of the reasons for my strokes... so... I let it ALL out now unfortunately for many of you I guess?... lol!... so sorry for that lol!... but Doctors orders ARE Doctors orders afterall aren't they?... lol!... again... thanks for all of the great fun and the great times... you really are such wonderful people... and... I still cannot get my head around the fact that Sashi won this and not Banal Ben... but well done Sashi!... cheers.

The funniest thing last night, when Gary couldn't find one positive thing to say about Ben's entree........you know that was killing Gary inside, big time

...as with Evan44 I would really like to say thankyou to all of the posters on this thread this season too... you all made it so tolerable for me in dealing with Gary/George/Ben/Big Red and Chloe this year... I could not have stayed sane if it wasn't for all of you wonderful people... I'm sorry if I have been a tad bit cranky at times and may have ranted a few times too often but since I had my 2 strokes my Doctors have told me not to hold things in and bottle it up as it could be one of the reasons for my strokes... so... I let it ALL out now unfortunately for many of you I guess?... lol!... so sorry for that lol!... but Doctors orders ARE Doctors orders afterall aren't they?... lol!... again... thanks for all of the great fun and the great times... you really are such wonderful people... and... I still cannot get my head around the fact that Sashi won this and not Banal Ben... but well done Sashi!... cheers.

Next time we can have live episode discussion is when Ali's season of The Bachelorette begins.

Next time we can have live episode discussion is when Ali's season of The Bachelorette begins.

...haha!... you may have great fun my good friend but sad to say... I definitely won't be Affable... sorry about that... I will not be watching it at all I'm afraid... but have fun regardless... cheers.

Maybe the finale was the point at which Gary and George could no longer protect Ben or overhype him, even they'd know that if he'd been judged the winner despite Sashi being way better, the backlash on social media would have been huge and the Masterchef brand would never have recovered.
I looked at that gantry last night and it was obvious that there were 4 people at least up there who have been better opponents for Sashi, Khahn or Reece especially were more consistently good over the season than Ben, who frankly was propelled along by the 3 judges all the way. Similarly, Sarah and Chloe were kept on the show for far longer than they should have been.
For 2019, Gary and George need to put into retirement, get 2 more impartial judges, and cut out some of the stupid immunity pin challenges too.

I think in the end they probably did him a disservice heaping so much praise on him for simple dishes. There’s nowhere to hide cooking fish and veg.

Off-topic, but to pinpoint the problem with Tommy Little (well, one of them)...
When Lehmo does the bit where he talks to the kids, it's cute and funny. When Tommy Little does the bit with old people, he makes it all smarmy and sexual.

I’m usually turned off when he’s on, so I haven’t seen that bit, but that’s his default. He bugs me when another panellist makes a joke and he comes in on top of the laugh with basically the same joke or something less funny. He just seems to lack in some of the comedy basics.

We couldn’t have done it without you @Mr Stickyfingers, and Ben is not worth blowing a gasket over.

Back