Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2018) - Episode Discussion

Hey @crimmy ........quoting you
He's won and been runner up in the Apia International in Sydney in 2013 & 2014
He's won the Claro Open, Bogota Colombia in 2014 and 2015
He was runner up in the Abierto Mexicano Telcel, Acapulco, Mexico in 2016

Do you think it is possible Tomic's main problem is he is not that good, never has been that good, and never will be that good?
And having hotshot Nick and the 18 year old shining he is just a bit player now, where he was once our great hope?

Have often wondered how forever 2nd/3rd place cope, as when you have legends beating you, and no hope of ever beating them
His main problem seems to have always been, one role, fill it or else, for his family and hanger-ons.

I know nothing about Tomic's background/family/issues, is it common knowledge, written about s0mewhere?

Watching him on the Project? Seems to me the guy would benefit from actually trying to expand his mind, he seems so narrow and rigid and robotic.

It is a bit of a worry if all they really cared about was keeping Tomic in the jungle at all costs instead of his mental health O_O. Yes he has stuffed everyone around and has made a mess of the plans for the show but that is also a gamble on this type of show and like I said before in my previous post it is only a TV show at the end of the day. Nobody should be forced to do something against their will and there are other celebrities participating who are just as important. Sometimes you get duds like Tom Arnold and sometimes you get unexpected gems like Fiona O'Loughlin. It is the nature of the show. It will always be a gamble entertainment wise who you put in there. Mundine so far has been quite boring even though he is a big name so big names don't necessarily mean they are going to be entertaining. If they want more big names for ratings they should go out and get them then. Replace Tomic with another big name. Tomic is allowed to change his mind and leave. He was leaning towards dropping out even before the show began so they can't be too surprised it has went this way and he was probably pushed in to it being told it would get better once he got in. That's not always going to happen. At least he gave it a go. The show can at least say they had him for a little while.

It is a bit of a worry if all they really cared about was keeping Tomic in the jungle at all costs instead of his mental health O_O. Yes he has stuffed everyone around and has made a mess of the plans for the show but that is also a gamble on this type of show and like I said before in my previous post it is only a TV show at the end of the day. Nobody should be forced to do something against their will and there are other celebrities participating who are just as important. Sometimes you get duds like Tom Arnold and sometimes you get unexpected gems like Fiona O'Loughlin. It is the nature of the show. It will always be a gamble entertainment wise who you put in there. Mundine so far has been quite boring even though he is a big name so big names don't necessarily mean they are going to be entertaining. If they want more big names for ratings they should go out and get them then. Replace Tomic with another big name. Tomic is allowed to change his mind and leave. He was leaning towards dropping out even before the show began so they can't be too surprised it has went this way and he was probably pushed in to it being told it would get better once he got in. That's not always going to happen. At least he gave it a go. The show can at least say they had him for a little while.

...what a great post TeamRohan... well said... cheers.

Back