Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2018) - Episode Discussion

Same. I'm officially out. :thumbsdown: I will miss the laughs provided by Julia Morris but I'm A Celebrity should have, you know, celebrities! :poop:

Have fun, you guys! :) I'll see ya when the Bachy Paradise tack fest starts! :thumbsup:

I always roll my eyes at the "celebrities" in UK Big Brother, when they are almost all just people affiliated with other reality shows. But really, to overseas viewers our lineup is no better.

Same. I'm officially out. :thumbsdown: I will miss the laughs provided by Julia Morris but I'm A Celebrity should have, you know, celebrities! :poop:

Have fun, you guys! :) I'll see ya when the Bachy Paradise tack fest starts! :thumbsup:

...haha!... davidftw... I really don't blame you or Timmydownawell for not wanting to watch Celeb to be honest... the 'celebrity' tag really does stretch a fine line sometimes doesn't it?... but still... I'm still going to hang in there for some hopefully 'magic moments' such as when they make Mundine the 'camp leader' and then the man that knocked him out (Danny Green) walks in the next night... the look on Mundine's face will be pure Gold to watch lol!... and just how long do you think that Danny will take 'orders' from Mundine before he arcs up?...

...so I'm hanging in for little gems like that for instance... I think that Kerry Armstrong/Pete Rosethorn/Fiona and Tomic will surprise us all with their determination and willpowers too somehow... the rest?... meh!... I'll probably like Danny Green too just for the fact that I detest Mundine so much lol!... you never know... Timmy and yourself may miss little bits of Gold like that but hey!... you can always watch the highlights the next day eh?... lol!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
I always roll my eyes at the "celebrities" in UK Big Brother, when they are almost all just people affiliated with other reality shows. But really, to overseas viewers our lineup is no better.

...sadly... you're right on the mark there Meglos... our 'celebrities' are never quite mind blowing when you get right down to the crunch of it are they?... I dunno... let's be honest with ourselves... if we ourselves had unlimited access to any real Aussie celebrity (and perhaps the obligatory overseas guest from whichever country) on hand... could we do any better?... who would we pick to make up our perfect 14-15 contestants?... I for one would love to have Kitty Flannagan as #1... so who would all of you others want as a 'celebrity'?... hey... how about we start a list?... I'll start it off from 1-15... let's see if we can gather a perfect cast line-up ourselves eh?... everyone only gets one pick though... so make it count lol!... cheers.

#1... Kitty Flannagan (picked by Mr Stickyfingers)...
#2...
#3...
#4...
#5...
#6...
#7...
#8...
#9...
#10...
#11...
#12...
#13...
#14...
#15...

Last edited:
We are missing - usually a cook from RTV, and a gay person......and there has to be one to annoy Mundine
Mundine, and Tomic will be more interesting than Mundine/Green
They kind of have opposite characteristics but the same central ambition, to win

Mundine is a moron with a kind heart, he does kind stuff; Tomic must have a decent brain to get to his level tennis, and he has no heart.
Oh LOL it's like Yellow Brick Rd, Straw man and Tin man

Oh and complainers about the level of celebrity, hell they don't get this show at all.
It is designed for has beens, and gross people, all to redeem themselves, and lots do

You are never going to get anyone A grade doing this they don't need it.
Still, the oz version has been rather remarkable at getting sports real stars involved, from DawnFraser, Warnie, Tomic, impressive

And Peter/Fiona/Kerry are impressive gets

We got blacked out for the last 5-10mins, anything happen???
So lucky to be out for just a few hours
And whingers, this used to happen regularly when I was a kid
And in WA we had to insure fridge contents it happened so often

I don't want to see Kitty degraded @Mr Stickyfingers , love her too much, and my Sam Pang love = same, don't want him tortured.

Whingers, honestly, who do the expect to turn up Angelina Jolie????
This show is designed for has beens, or I need to prove I am not a dickhead sports egos, one hit wonders, celeb clingers etc
This element is part of the pleasure of the show, we the audience are here for = ok fuckwit I dare you, suffer, prove your self
And they must do our bidding:)

So, I would like to see our biggest dickheads, Abbott, Hanson, and potato head dep prime minister

Footy dude and dumb blonde model are the only ones I have never heard of

Getting ready, watching Project - ooooo TLC, I love TLC, so sad about that death of Left Eye

And a little preview, looks like Tomic takes a dive, a la soccer type, think he may get medi vacced out, if not now, almost a certainty for the future....that is his style

I don't want to see Kitty degraded @Mr Stickyfingers , love her too much, and my Sam Pang love = same, don't want him tortured.

Whingers, honestly, who do the expect to turn up Angelina Jolie????
This show is designed for has beens, or I need to prove I am not a dickhead sports egos, one hit wonders, celeb clingers etc
This element is part of the pleasure of the show, we the audience are here for = ok fuckwit I dare you, suffer, prove your self
And they must do our bidding:)

So, I would like to see our biggest dickheads, Abbott, Hanson, and potato head dep prime minister

Footy dude and dumb blonde model are the only ones I have never heard of

...I seriously doubt that anyone could ever degrade Kitty kxk lol!... she would do so well in the show regardless and remember... they do it for their favourite charities so why not do it no matter how A-grade a lister a person is or isn't?... who knows... perhaps even Angelina Jolie would give it a go for her favourite charity just to try out her own self determination?...

...I imagine that people like Chrissie Swan/Julie Goodwin and Steve Price didn't need to do it for enhancing their careers... they didn't need to... but did it purely for their own reasons... whether to prove something to themselves or just for bringing attention for their various charities...

...I wouldn't be surprised that in one season they don't snag someone big like Hugh Jackman or the equivalent just because they are nice and humble enough to do something like this for their favourite charity even though they could easily donate millions to them regardless... we just haven't had the fortune of that happening so far methinks!... perhaps I'm the ultimate optimist and dreamer but you never never know... cheers.

...I'm watching Tennant's Doctor Who on ABC Me at the moment... it's the one with The Doctor's daughter in it... you know... the one that flew away in Space and was never seen again on the show... that one... Tennant has always been the best one for me... cheers.

Chrisie & Julie are nobodies, and yes they needed a career boost, Pricey is possibly the only one that has done it purely for self development and charity.

Still stands, this show is based on redemption of almost a nobody now, please love me
It is NOT designed for A or even B listers, they are far too busy
Tomic - everyone is saying his tennis career is over, and this is really bad for him actually

And Tennant is spectacular......he is so damn dashing, he looked like a godly James Bond in Voyage of the Damned.

Tomic being interviewed, he is soooooooooo boring

...they were just interviewing Tomic on The Project... I just know that I'm going to like him from what I've seen of him in the last few days... I may be amoung the very few methinks!... lol!... cheers.

There are still as yet undiscovered tribes existing in the far flung south eastern provinces of Papua New Guinea who dont consider their 4345th ranked number tennis player a celebrity.
Putting Tomic in there is almost akin to animal cruelty. A case study to watch the epitome of an entitled brat.
Its schadenfreude for me I must admit but I will cloak this by trying to approach Tomic's behaviour as a clinical psychological trial.
Even tho I know even Freud would say "Tomic. What a dick"

And Tennant is spectacular......he is so damn dashing, he looked like a godly James Bond in Voyage of the Damned.

Tomic being interviewed, he is soooooooooo boring

...I still don't know why The Doctor's daughter didn't get a spin-off show back when she first made her appearance on the show... even at the end of the episode she stated that she 'had worlds to save' etc... oh well... a potentially good spin-off show gone to waste there methinks!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Actually, I think it's designed to hit the nostalgia market, and boost whatever charities the participants choose. "Whatever happened to?" Most of them who have been on there haven't really needed to be for career reasons, but to challenge themselves (and I think that's why Tomic's in there, same as Casey, finding himself) on the other hand, the reality "famewhores" are just looking for any gig they can get out of it.

There are still as yet undiscovered tribes existing in the far flung south eastern provinces of Papua New Guinea who dont consider their 4345th ranked number tennis player a celebrity.
Putting Tomic in there is almost akin to animal cruelty. A case study to watch the epitome of an entitled brat.
Its schadenfreude for me I must admit but I will cloak this by trying to approach Tomic's behaviour as a clinical psychological trial.
Even tho I know even Freud would say "Tomic. What a dick"

...bwahahaha!... hey Fuzz!... it's great to see you again my friend!... I'm one of the lucky few that have never ever watched Tomic before now because I hate Tennis so much so because of that I think that I like him so far because I have no pre-concepts of him up until now... but as you say... your style of approach has great merit from what I can see lol!... cheers.

I think you need to redirect that like to Jackie. She is the most awesome on the show!!

...haha!... I have my favourite 4 list at the moment Affable but it's a pending list... the others may grow on me as the show goes further so you never know?... she may make #5 lol!... (I just KNOW that Mundine won't end up on my faves list lol!)... cheers.

Back