Skip to main content

New Off Topic Thread ..... (Everyone: please be nice)

It never works. If you want him to confine his more OT posts to one thread, he will bleat "you can't tell me what to do". Which, technically, we can't. He has been told that people find his posts disruptive, and he either refuses to comprehend or he understands full well but is determined to keep doing it anyway.

It never works. If you want him to confine his more OT posts to one thread, he will bleat "you can't tell me what to do". Which, technically, we can't. He has been told that people find his posts disruptive, and he either refuses to comprehend or he understands full well but is determined to keep doing it anyway.
He understands full well but persists in and insists on playing the innocent.

Because I think Reepbot is banned from creating new threads. And no I don’t think he created any of them. I didn’t create the first one, but I definitely created the second one and I am pretty sure I created a third one.

i'm not banned from creating new threads.

So what is everybodies favorite Christmas Movie? Or is there any that you just can't stand?

When I was younger they always used to play Tootsie around Christmas time, so for some reason I always associate that a s a Christmas movie! I don't watch it as much anymore as my husband can't stand Dustin Hoffman as an actor. I am currently watching Love Actually but I do find it quite a depressing movie not uplifiting.

So what is everybodies favorite Christmas Movie? Or is there any that you just can't stand?
Until last night it quite possibly was Love Actually, but it's more likely to be White Christmas. Not really into these types of movies though. You?
Yes, it IS depressing. Poor Laura Linney and her brother and the man with the erection. Makes me laugh every time I see it though.

Until last night it quite possibly was Love Actually, but it's more likely to be White Christmas. Not really into these types of movies though. You?
Dare I ask what happened last night to change Love actually for you? I always used to like the Santa clause type movies where just a bit of magic felt like it happened.

When I was younger they always used to play Tootsie around Christmas time, so for some reason I always associate that a s a Christmas movie! I don't watch it as much anymore as my husband can't stand Dustin Hoffman as an actor. I am currently watching Love Actually but I do find it quite a depressing movie not uplifiting.

Funny you should mention Love Actually. I watched it again on tv last night, for probably about the fourth time. I don't usually fall for overly sentimental movies but I really like this one, especially at Christmas. The only thread I didn't like was the Bill Nighy storyline, and I didn't feel the Kris Marshall with the girls bit tied in very well either. I liked the rest though, particularly Emma Thompson, and the kid who was in Doctor Who.

I haven't seen many. I like Miracle on 34th Street and found Polar Express alright. Others I haven't seen I don't think.
I don't think I have seen Miracle on 34th street. Not sure how I have missed that one. Polar express wasn't bad though. There is of course Die Hard - some seem to think this is a definite xmas movie :)[DOUBLEPOST=1514028087][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just got bored with it.
I get that! I am only half watching!

Funny you should mention Love Actually. I watched it again on tv last night, for probably about the fourth time. I don't usually fall for overly sentimental movies but I really like this one, especially at Christmas. The only thread I didn't like was the Bill Nighy storyline, and I didn't feel the Kris Marshall with the girls bit tied in very well either. I liked the rest though, particularly Emma Thompson, and the kid who was in Doctor Who.
I do like the kid storyline, and the hugh grant storyline. The guy after his friends wife (the walking dead guy and Keira knightly) is the storyline that annoys me the most for some reason.

I don't think I have seen Miracle on 34th street. Not sure how I have missed that one. Polar express wasn't bad though. There is of course Die Hard - some seem to think this is a definite xmas movie :)[DOUBLEPOST=1514028087][/DOUBLEPOST]
I get that! I am only half watching!

It is a really old movie. Just caught it on TV one time.

I forgot about Scrooge. That movie was pretty good too. I think my next watch will be "The Holiday" with Jude Law in it.

Back