Skip to main content

Survivor: Season 36

BigBrotherCritic

Like working a job 24/7, for 2 days on the trot
TribeDivCov.png

After such a fantastic season with a mildly distasteful end, Survivor GHOST ISLAND will be debuting next year. It will bring previously used twists, advantages and moves back into the game. So far I'm really liking the theme and I'm interested to see how they're going to divide the tribes if they come up with a fancy way to do it.

Of course, they've stayed in Fiji. Apparently its a great filming location but its getting a bit boring. I'd like to see a location change in the future.

Original Tribe colours based on the promo are going to be Orange and Pink/Purple which is a bit of an unoriginal.

Speaking of which, here's the promo just in case you missed the reunion show:

Here are the cast members if you're interested in that: http://insidesurvivor.com/cast/season-36-cast-revealed-57579

Sadly it appears they've gone back to a 20 person season which tbh is too many people for a newbie season. Makes for an extremely rushed.

What are everyone's thoughts on the new theme? Its always exciting to have a new season. I hope it isn't terrible.

TribeDivCov.png

After such a fantastic season with a mildly distasteful end, Survivor GHOST ISLAND will be debuting next year. It will bring previously used twists, advantages and moves back into the game. So far I'm really liking the theme and I'm interested to see how they're going to divide the tribes if they come up with a fancy way to do it.

Of course, they've stayed in Fiji. Apparently its a great filming location but its getting a bit boring. I'd like to see a location change in the future.

Original Tribe colours based on the promo are going to be Orange and Pink/Purple which is a bit of an unoriginal.

Speaking of which, here's the promo just in case you missed the reunion show:

Here are the cast members if you're interested in that: http://insidesurvivor.com/cast/season-36-cast-revealed-57579

Sadly it appears they've gone back to a 20 person season which tbh is too many people for a newbie season. Makes for an extremely rushed.

What are everyone's thoughts on the new theme? Its always exciting to have a new season. I hope it isn't terrible.

Sorry don’t agree with this being a fantastic season. To me it was horrible with one of the worst winners in Survivor history. Definitely in the bottom 3 seasons for me.

Sorry don’t agree with this being a fantastic season. To me it was horrible with one of the worst winners in Survivor history. Definitely in the bottom 3 seasons for me.
I agree with the worst winner, Devon and Chrissy were totally robbed and Ben was such a tryhard. I was however impressed with every single other episode but the finale. Mid-tier season for myself.

Wait. So you've started a thread a week after the latest season, based on what those of us who watch the show know, like you did the previous season, and you didn't post about the show in that one, and probably won't in the next one, is this a "look at me" thing?

Helloooooo, anyone out there? Anyone watching this tonight?

Hellooo. I watched it tonight, Not very surprised or disappointed at the first two booted out. It usually follows the pattern of a misfit and someone who comes on too strong.
I don't think they've cast old/average looking enough this time, there's a lot of near identical buff young people, and the only older guy is a fitness freak too.

The first elimination was a mess as often seems the case, the editors can't be bothered giving a storyline of what actually happened. Looks like Gonzales allied with the men but they all switched from Donathan to her just before the trip to tribal when Gonzales was away giving confessionals for the producers. Supposedly he was crying about being the easy vote. It looks like she was trying to target Jenna at some point, or someone fed Jenna false information. It wasn't a blindside anyway, I hate how they are watering down that term on Survivor now. According to someone online some of the comments at the vote were

James votes for Gonzalez, saying “It’s not you, it’s the game.”
Brendan votes for Gonzalez, saying he’s trying to keep order in the tribe.
Jenna votes for Gonzalez, saying this is what she gets for trying to plot against her.
Michael votes for Gonzalez, simply saying he’s sorry to see her go.
Laurel votes for Gonzalez, saying she’s playing too hard, too fast.

The second elimination was predictable once Jacob got a useless advantage at Ghost Island. Normally the producers feed good advantages to those under threat at the start, and the winning tribe would always send a weaker player to GI. But here the first two vials broken (and they seem broken in order) weren't actually useful.

I would have preferred Donathan gone, his storyline of being 'strong' while losing a challenge has already been done with Cirie (and I didn't find that convincing either). Jacob said others were looking for idols, and I'd guess Donathan was one of them

Donathan just seems a goat to take to the end, I'd rather players kept in over him.

I'm not feeling this season yet, it seems there are a lot of egos and disjointed gameplay but no one has emerged as particularly clever or likable. It also seems to be skewed very young, with everything until tribal council consisting of model types (of both sexes) strutting around in their underwear.

The first episode was the worst for me, but they haven't set up a lot of the people in the cast. We've had three episodes now that have touched on this Chris v Domenick feud and their tribe didn't go to tribal till the 3rd ep and even then Chris was missing.

I'm not feeling this season yet, it seems there are a lot of egos and disjointed gameplay but no one has emerged as particularly clever or likable. It also seems to be skewed very young, with everything until tribal council consisting of model types (of both sexes) strutting around in their underwear.
not that there's anything wrong with that...

Still very hard to get into this season. No one is standing out in a good way.
Brandon was annoying. Bradley is the worst. Apart from Sebastian, he's the worst too. And Domenick. And Chris.
Donathan for the win, just for a laugh.

I thought this was an decent episode but I'd rather the result went the other way. We had plenty from the losing side's point of view. The immunity challenge was a close run thing which was good and we got a look away from Chris v Domenick. I wish the votes were read differently though, the first name out is always safe. Every version of Survivor needs to switch up how the votes are read out.

It's a slow burn, this season. It's not completely unenjoyable, but the contestants are very hard to like.

I'm glad to see the last of those stripey leggings at least, and the "doing it for my kids".

Michael is going to probably completely unnecessary lengths to conceal his age. They're supposed to not know he's 18, yet he said he's been watching Survivor for ten years, and the since he was thirteen seemed like an afterthought. Is the real estate agent bit a lie too?

Chris is intensely irritating, and is it wrong to dislike Sebastian based on his face, hair, lazy flirting and being the worst possible bargain basement Ozzy?

Ghost Island looks like a self inflicted fail from the producers, yet another 'no game today for you', it's getting ridiculous.

Otherwise I think they are trying to fit too many sob stories in and it just feels very manipulative. It doesn't create Survivor drama.

Donathan for the win, just for a laugh.

These are the outcomes you hope for when they cast so many vanilla characters. You can't help but hope Donathan takes it out with someone like Chris losing by getting no votes.

It's hard to pick a winner of this yet. If I had to choose one, I'd say Wendell.

These are the outcomes you hope for when they cast so many vanilla characters. You can't help but hope Donathan takes it out with someone like Chris losing by getting no votes.

It's hard to pick a winner of this yet. If I had to choose one, I'd say Wendell.

Wendell is pretty good actually. And quite easy on the eye in what I now think of as underwear challenges.

Back