Skip to main content

Survivor: Season 36

Loved Donathan's "OH SNAP" moment after making the right decision to play his idol for himself.

It worries me though that we now have a top eight with absolute nothing players like Sebastian and Chelsea, and objectionable people like Domenick, Kellyn and Angela.

Chelsea will be a target as soon as she doesn't win immunity.

The twist wasn't potentially that bad in the latest episode, but the result was pretty boring, the split just didn't work well. The editors had to play up Michael's fake idol based purely on his words and attitude and Donathan being stupid enough to give his idol to someone else. Neither were likely.

I put this in spoiler tags just to be safe. It doesn't spoil anything for me personally (like the winner) but it does involve someone who is still in the game, so click at your own risk. I've also chosen a link that doesn't give anything away in the URL.

gruesome twosome are apparently dating.
Don't click if you're afraid of spoilers, as they probably hooked up at Ponderosa (ie. neither is in the top 2/3).
https://cdn.realitytvworld.com/images/heads/gen/embedded/23918-l.jpg

Oh Donathan, my favourite player in a long time. He's the only one who is not afraid to say exactly what is on his mind, exposing all the possibilities rather than just going with the flow and saying nothing. No Domenick, he isn't going rogue, he's playing his own game and isn't a pawn to either the men or women. Wendell was confident enough not to play his idol, so there is trust there.

Loved one visits... yawn.
Sebastian gets some screen time. He can go now, that's all he's got.

I can't believe they've got to the top 8/7 with so many players left who we don't even know. Chelsea literally got no storyline at all apart from doing well in physical challenges. Who are Sebastian and Angela? Even Laurel and Kellyn are severely undercooked and only speak when it's time to discuss who to vote out. The winner almost has to be Wendell, Donathan or Domenick by default because no one else is playing.

Us not knowing a lot of the player doesn't mean they're not playing, it just means that the editing fucking sucks.
If they were saying or doing anything interesting/worthwhile or played a part in the way the game spins out, it would make cut. Why waste what little airtime you have on someone who isn't giving you anything?

Wow. I don't know how Donathan survived that, but I'm thankful. He is basically the only thing making this season interesting for me. All of Domenick's posturing about Donathan "blowing the game up" is tedious. At least Donathan is playing and not taking an easy ride to whenever the others decide to cut him.

"Sea Bass" managed to win an advantage in his only speaking screentime so far, and still find himself on the wrong side of the vote. Possibly the most superfluous player ever to make the final six. But then there's Angela....

^^ I suspect you might have tipped the next two out right there

I do hope so!
Unless someone comes up with the idea of taking them to the final because no one could possibly vote for them.
I'd rather someone I don't like (Domenick) win though than a player who contributed nothing game or entertainment-wise.

I do hope so!
Unless someone comes up with the idea of taking them to the final because no one could possibly vote for them.
I'd rather someone I don't like (Domenick) win though than a player who contributed nothing game or entertainment-wise.
I just want to see the ever smug and arrogant Dom blindsided, and Donathan or Wendell-in-his-undies to win. Only then would I feel this season wasn't a complete waste of my time.

I've never been a fan of Donathan, and I've no doubt they kept him as he wouldn't be that popular with the jury anyway. His outbursts at tribal don't look that effective. Last week he was too over the top in trying to get Wendell to play his idol which is why he wasn't taken in. This week it was like he was asking to be eliminated, and the reaction shots from the jury suggested they weren't impressed. By voting for Domenick he actually gave himself a chance to be eliminated as well.

Angela and Kellyn have had to wait on whether Laurel and Donathan would split from the power alliance in the tribe. Angela's immunity performance suggested she was trying to make herself as small a target as possible, as she wasn't really in danger this week anyway. If anyone has helped ruin the season it might be Laurel, she's aware of both idols and yet hasn't made any move, maybe she's just happy with 3rd place.

If they were saying or doing anything interesting/worthwhile or played a part in the way the game spins out, it would make cut. Why waste what little airtime you have on someone who isn't giving you anything?

I disagree! We've seen Chelsea contribute quite a bit to some important decisions that Naviti made (the Bradley boot, the Libby boot) and yet she has one of the lowest confessional counts in Survivor history. Compare that with Michael, who received some of the most confessionals this year despite the fact that he accomplished fuck all and said the same stuff week after week. The editing this season has been atrocious.

Thank god for that crazy ending to what has been the dullest season with some of the worst players to play this game. Let's hope next season is better.

and the cast was apparently so boring that Jeff didnt even talk to them at the reunion..instead he dragged on past contestants and some other guy who made stupid comments

It was a crazy ending but arguably they even messed that up. Most there probably knew who had won with the power all in Laurel's hands.

But the episode up to the first tribal in that episode really sealed the fate once and for all of this season. Angela spilling the beans, followed by Sebastian wimping out of making a move.

They really need to go back to the previous way of doing final tribal councils too, by letting each jury member have a speech or statement. It means we hear from more people and it's more natural than trying to shoeborn everything into outwit, outlast, outplay when they are all part of the same thing. Trying to say that doing work around camp isn't social gameplay seems ridiculous too.

Donathan's edit got him that extra money in my opinion. And to the end they were helping each other out, Wendell telling Domenick to mind his tone with the jury, Angela giving Wendell the seat he wanted at the fire challenge.

and the cast was apparently so boring that Jeff didnt even talk to them at the reunion..instead he dragged on past contestants and some other guy who made stupid comments
Seems to be a pattern forming there. It's a shame because the old format was so much better, as you got to hear a bit more background and details we never saw in the edit.

Back