Skip to main content

2018 Celebrity Predictions

Work Of Art

Rumour has it that Fran Drescher will be heading to the jungle in 2018!
According to The Daily Telegraph, everyone's favourite Nanny, ahem, Fran Drescher – has made the shortlist of celebrities to join Channel Ten's I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here. Producers of the reality show are said to be on the search for high-profile American stars who will attract Australian TV audiences.
https://www.who.com.au/fran-drescher-might-be-joining-im-a-celebrity-get-me-out-of-here

However she has since tweeted that she was approached but she won't be going on the show due to health reasons.
I believe her. She has been running a successful health campaign Cancer Schmancer for a number of years after she beat Uterine Cancer. It wouldn't be worth it for her and the food rations are pretty scarce in this show. I think this is all a rouse to generate buzz. The high profile US celebrities that get mentioned this early are normally just rumours and nothing else. For example: Melissa Joan Hart in season 1.

What do you think? Is Nanny Fine going into the jungle in 2018?

Rumour has it that Fran Drescher will be heading to the jungle in 2018!

https://www.who.com.au/fran-drescher-might-be-joining-im-a-celebrity-get-me-out-of-here

However she has since tweeted that she was approached but she won't be going on the show due to health reasons.
I believe her. She has been running a successful health campaign Cancer Schmancer for a number of years after she beat Uterine Cancer. It wouldn't be worth it for her and the food rations are pretty scarce in this show. I think this is all a rouse to generate buzz. The high profile US celebrities that get mentioned this early are normally just rumours and nothing else. For example: Melissa Joan Hart in season 1.

What do you think? Is Nanny Fine going into the jungle in 2018?

No :)

According to rumors, other names to watch include Jacqui Lambie, Rove McManus and Mercedes Corbey. Rove needs work and I wonder if Corbey signed a deal when she gave her only interview (following Shapelle's return) to Studio 10. As for the feuding celebrities, I am putting my money on Lisa and David Oldfield and their very public on/off marriage woes. We shouldn't have any Bachelor rejects thanks to Bachelor in Paradise, but Matty J and Georgia Love did both sign new contracts with the network (J with The Living Room and Love with Ten Eyewitness News).

One ad also mentions a Footy Player, Pop Star and Hollywood A-Lister. Whether or not these are copy or legitimate clues remain to be seen.

Mercedes Corby? Why bother? Schappers would be another story.

Oldfield? He doesn’t have a national profile these days so I hope not. And I do not watch any program that lends publicity to One Nation types, so that’s that.

Lots of online chatter around Glen Robbins and Peter Rowsthorn of Kath and Kim fame. I think Robbins would be a hoot and his appearance could be timed perfectly with the All Aussie Adventures revival, whether or not he would be keen on it? It may be more up Rowsthorn's alley. He has been quiet following his stint on Celebrity Masterchef in 2009.

Was reading TV Week today and they had a little interview with Casey Donovan speaking about life after the jungle. She said she is in a better place now and much happier. I am so happy for her. She deserves everything good coming her way. :):):) She also said she hopes "Millsy" (Rob Mills) takes part next year. She might convince him to participate like Anthony Callea did to her if Ten wants him. I love a bit of Millsy. ;)

According to the Daily Telegraph, Jacqui Lambie is locked in and is potentially one half of the feuding celebrities.
The paper also mentions Fran Drescher, Mercedes Corby and Rove McMannus again. New names it throws into the mix include Erin Holland, Georgia Love, Grant Denyer and Sam Frost. Denyer and Frost are just names being used to create conversation, with both way too busy to compete. I can imagine Holland being our token model and I called Love earlier this week...

I'm looking forward to it if Jacqui is in it. I think she'll give it a red hot go. I wonder who the ex sports persons are going to be? Can't think of the comedian.

Two more hints have been released. An AFL Champion who is also a premiership winning player and is known for his "hair raising" play, and an Aussie Rocker who has had music sales excess of $1 million. Jason Akermanis and Brian Mannix anyone?

Our hints so far:
  • Feuding Celebrity 1
  • Feuding Celebrity 2
  • Iconic Aussie Comedian
  • AFL Champion
  • Aussie Rocker

Last edited:
540088_10215127286880536_5865672185711773839_n.jpg

Rule these Rockers Out

Lots of online chatter around Glen Robbins and Peter Rowsthorn of Kath and Kim fame. I think Robbins would be a hoot and his appearance could be timed perfectly with the All Aussie Adventures revival, whether or not he would be keen on it? It may be more up Rowsthorn's alley. He has been quiet following his stint on Celebrity Masterchef in 2009.

I can’t see that Glen Robbins or Peter Rowsthorn have married into a famous family. Actually Peter Rowsthorn is from a prominent family himself, his brother is worth $700 million! apparently.

540088_10215127286880536_5865672185711773839_n.jpg

Rule these Rockers Out

Oh my word, I know the keyboard player from Real Life (remember Send Me an Angel?). He is now a corporate lawyer and entrepreneur......is he doing this I wonder?
We used to rib him about all of his different hairstyles in old clips, weird and wonderful hair-does, now bald.

And OMG please save us from Drescher, and any other has beens like crappy old Tom.....
And hell would be angry A, little other guy I like, Pengilly......needs a whack after his sexist comments lately, Lambie could deliver....she will win this thing.

Real Life were a great band, I have three of their albums on CD.

I had the Send Me an Angel album and loved them too, it was hilarious when i realised who he was in his previous life - long time later as he is totally bald and i would not have picked him as a pop star, very sweet he is, and clever - and he takes his nick name in good spirit ....popstar that is. He also owns a beer garden in Melbourne.
He told me, the band took their bucks and went and lived in Berlin

Would love Jimmie, so would the ratings, but doubt it he doesn't need this

Back