Skip to main content

The Plebiscite for Marriage Equality

Dickheads on the no side

Everybody swamped over to the yeah side, it looks quite fun at the moment

4 lonely old no votes, Russell Broadband, Bob Katter, ??Can only see 2

Greens MP Adam Bandt says: "What a big day for love because, despite the years of bigotry and hate, and despite the years of violence and lies, and the ignorance and fear, love has won and it is time to pop the bubbly. I'm going to keep it short and sweet. Because it is time to let the bells ring and let the people sing because love has won!"

4 lonely old no votes, Russell Broadband, Bob Katter, ??Can only see 2
Four people voting NO: LNP QLD David Littleproud, Liberal Russell Broadbent VIC, LNP Keith Pitt QLD and Bob Katter QLD.[DOUBLEPOST=1512630437][/DOUBLEPOST]
Glad i got to watch that final vote, that was excellent to watch, and lovely Penny Wong finally looks relaxed
Happy Christmas indeed, for all finally")
That was a joy, I have tears in my eyes. Feeling sad for my friends who aren't here to see this day (as I'm sure you can relate)

CONGRATS AND HUGE THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO MADE THIS HAPPEN!

I too would like to thank everyone who made this happen and voted fairly. Not just the LGBT community but the "straight" community too, who have by and large shown a huge amount of support, empathy and understanding which makes my heart sing, and it feels like there is much less of a division because of it.

Can’t believe I come into this thread and get bullied by some of you. Completely over it. This is supposed to be a good day but it seems observations of any kind ar not welcome here.

Maybe I am wrong in my interpretation of your post or maybe I was right. You were who I was referring to though. Possibly Timmy as well depending how he interpreted your post and liked it.

There was nothing personal intended by my comment, I don’t have any issue with you.

Back