Skip to main content

ME TOO - Is there a female alive that hasn't had males do gross stuff

It's interesting, since more and more women have spoken about this subject, that some males seem to view these accounts as "male bashing" and seem to take it as a personal attack on themselves. I don't mean just here, there are hostile comments from some males all over the internet. I'm not sure why. Insecurity? Guilt?

Reactions: kxk
I so DO have a sense of humour, for instance, your second post in this thread, I literally laughed out loud when I read it, your surprise at still being able to post after your initial grenade attack was just priceless! :hilarious:

The posts of one individual have been removed, as has that individual.

I really do hope their are women out there who haven't suffered inappropriate unwanted attention, and though the point was badly made earlier it is worth remembering that despite our reputation the vast majority of men know the boundaries and know to respect them - and more importantly we will listen and we will believe.

I think one of the saddest things to come out of this whole mess is that ac2tually many male stars had been confided in and seemingly believed what they were being told, but still the industry kept quiet.

Gah! Why do I always miss the drama. :p I can't say I'm surprised that this thread would attract some drama.

As for this whole Weinstein affair it's painfully obvious that he doesn't think he's done anything wrong. I mean a week in 'sex rehab' and we're meant to believe he's not longer a sleezy pig. Puh-lease.

Weinstein still thinks he can get back in the game. He's going to be disappointed when reality hits.
As to the other stuff, this kind of sums up what went down:

I am interested in this, any females alive that have avoided male shit?

How much we just put up with - from an early age too.

It starts when you are a kid, I cannot stand butchers they were the first, being all creepy when I was about 10.
Then I guess I was 11 or 12 when I suffered the first pinches and touches, erk.....old men, daylight, my local burb just shopping.
And so it goes.................gross stuff, escalates as you grow....and you get better at seeing warning signs and avoiding stuff, but honestly some of it was unbelievable as a teen, then an adult....

You really are one of the most ignorant people I have ever had the misfortune to read on a forum. As always you have turned the rampant sexual misconduct and abuse of one man into a generalised anti male statement. It is important to note that just like we see in the minority of men, the minority of women are responsible for sexually abusing powerless victims too.

While I have been abused by men, my first ever experience of abuse was from my mother, a woman. The vast majority of men in my life have been beautiful humans, and my son is everything I dream the perfect man to be. Bad people make up 1%; it is not about having a cock, it’s about having a black heart.

Avoided male shit indeed.

I'm thinking maybe not. Maybe there are no females without at least some shit having been heaped on them. I've avoided posting "me too" because the first ones I saw on my feed came from friends whose stories I knew well and their experiences had been very serious. In comparison, my experiences had been things that I could walk away from and were short-lived.

But the more I thought about it, the more I realised that it is exactly that type of insidious behaviour that guys get away with which leads to the worse stuff. And - in my worst experience - it did actually get to the stage where I had to put in an official complaint at my workplace before it stopped (but not without him testing the boundaries just a couple more times).

Then I think back to how I handled him and I get ANGRY at myself: I put off reporting him because it could affect his career; I was always unfailingly polite to him; I upset my work routine to avoid him rather than face the embarrassment of our encounters ; and (after I reported him) felt I owed him to help him feel better about it and actually said to him - "It's okay, I'm just not a touchy feely person". His response was a snide, sleazy: "Well I feel really sorry for your husband". In reality I am the exact opposite. I'm a hugger and a cuddler. I use hand touch a lot in my interactions with folk - as long as we are both comfortable with that.

So why the hell did I think I had to help him save face? This was a while ago now and I hope I would react differently if it was to happen today.

Sorry to rave on - but @kxk, your question opened up some memories. I've had a few ( and only a few) instances in my life but wouldn't have described myself as sexually abused. But if the question is in there any woman alive who has not experienced any inappropriate behaviour from a man - sadly I think the answer is a resounding NO!

Can I please add that I do know quite a few men including my wonderful husband who have never - and would never - behave in such a way. Unfortunately, it seems they are in the minority. {end rant}

I am sad you had these experiences, but I am sadder that you feel good men are in the minority, because I promise you they aren’t. I feel sure if you look around your community and your life, really look, the vast majority of men are that change you want to see. From the school teacher, to the volunteer worker, to the solicitor working pro rata, to the loving dad, partner, husband, the local GP, male nurses, and on it goes.

Never make the minority the majority. It only hurts the good men.

Xo

What has this forum come to? Can’t we all just behave?

@marquisite @Brekkie can we have this thread closed or deleted? Some of these posts are completely borderline and asking for trouble. Particularly the bullying shown in the last one.
While I think kxk’s post was ignorant and sexist, I don’t think it is bullying or is any reason to delete the thread. People like her walk among us, and platforms like this one actually stand a chance of helping to educate her against her ridiculous ignorant unhelpfully generalised views.

Thanks kxk. I guess it is a reminder of how careful we have to be with our words. I didn't think I said that either, but the way I worded it allowed it to be taken in that context. And it's not what I meant to say. I know many fine men - probably not a minority. I should not have spoken in generalities.

Having said that; as one of the weird, miserable, disgusting human beings, old women and hermits who enjoys belonging in this forum, may I suggest that those who don't like it don't need to come here. It's not compulsory.

Kxk, I hope you were able to react to that disgusting, vitriolic, unprovoked and undeserved attack on you with the contempt it deserved. Blessings.
I have obviously missed something, but again I just want to say no “probably”about it. Good, hard working, honest, loving, honourable men are DEFINITELY not a minority, they are the majority. Take this forum as an example. Look at our male posting population, the vast majority of our male posters are awesome!

Gah! Why do I always miss the drama. :p I can't say I'm surprised that this thread would attract some drama.

As for this whole Weinstein affair it's painfully obvious that he doesn't think he's done anything wrong. I mean a week in 'sex rehab' and we're meant to believe he's not longer a sleezy pig. Puh-lease.
Same!!!!!!!

You know how I LOVE forum drama! It is cyber food for my cyber soul!

:laugh:

While I think kxk’s post was ignorant and sexist, I don’t think it is bullying or is any reason to delete the thread. People like her walk among us, and platforms like this one actually stand a chance of helping to educate her against her ridiculous ignorant unhelpfully generalised views.

It must be confusing reading threads like this afterwards. There was another poster who posted in response to kxk, who was removed and posts deleted.

It must be confusing reading threads like this afterwards. There was another poster who posted in response to kxk, who was removed and posts deleted.
Don’t suppose you have a screen shot?!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry about that. I was referring to the other poster that has been removed.

I have never seen someone so vile since WB.

Sad this thread got derailed. It's an ongoing issue that is changing the way the world has been for decades in Hollywood, and hopefully, will filter down to the nobodies in life. Comes down to people posting on forums with their own agendas, only their viewpoints. kinda like why most females just say nothing when they realise there's no point in trying.

Sad this thread got derailed. It's an ongoing issue that is changing the way the world has been for decades in Hollywood, and hopefully, will filter down to the nobodies in life. Comes down to people posting on forums with their own agendas, only their viewpoints. kinda like why most females just say nothing when they realise there's no point in trying.
I feel what you are saying Tuttle. And I dont mean to enter into a debate about the issue. But I want to share my hope and optimism for us all.
Always a point in trying. Otherwise no social change can result. Hoping people become "good" or "aware" on their own accord isnt enough.
History shows us again and again.
Sorrry to digress. I didnt see the removed posts and didnt understand the flow the thread had taken.
But hope is important. To strive and seek.
Its why I love history . Why I love Batman. Why I love Anais Nin. Why I love Rimbaud. Its why I love Rosa Parks catching the bus.
Myths and their ethos can inspire us. No matter how far fetched they seem. Real or fictional.
I see words here from people that inspire me thru their own experiences anecdotes and opinions.
T'is a nice haven here for the most part.
Nastiness or vindictive posters are just like fire.
Deprive their oxygen and their artificial firelighters dont even work.
This message was brought to you by a fuzzy fuzz filled with good intentions and a kind of thank you to genuine folk who have shared their opinions so honestly and bravely.

Well, I didn't watch the interview, but from what I read of it, seriously Don Burke, you're an asshole. You do not have Asbergers (all of a sudden, because you've behaved badly and got called out and someone told you that could work) you're just an old school prick who got away with it for years, just like the Hollywood creeps. That being said, some of the film footage they've showed of him making some suggestive comments to others, seem to be a little scraping. If and explanation is required, happy to furnish.

As a child, I had beautiful long brown hair. I remember that from time to time men would pat me on the head. I was always weirded out by this. Now I know I had every right to be weirded out. Men can be such perverts, lacking in boundaries.

Reactions: kxk
Was the dirty Don Burke stuff not well known?
I thought everyone knew, for decades - if i know and plenty more did, well don't tell me 9 were ignorant.
Don's imagined autism, is gross. and kind of proves what a dickhead he is.

@Deja, yes. Point made in original post, that too many ignore....creepy males begin creeping girls out very early.

Both Reddit and Quora have run threads like this with thousands of women telling the world how early it does begin, males sexualising kids.
And they are illuminating, and shocked males, that it is commonly around 8 or 9, but earlier is common too, when you can feel the weird begin, 10 or 11 it gets more creepy, and so it goes.
All little girls are gorgeous, all little girls get creeped out by older males.

Remember beautiful Anita????Anyone wondering why women have been powerless to speak out, you need to revisit beautiful soul Anita. 26 years ago, and still.....

10f3e5188d09f48da09524d36015ce37.jpg

Anita Hill: 'It was a testimony for the world'

26 years after law professor Anita Hill testified to Congress that she was sexually harassed by Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas, she joins The Washington Post’s Libby Casey to talk about the slow pace of change and today’s #MeToo movement.
blob:https://www.washingtonpost.com/0d2bed76-f3a8-4838-8065-1fa630138585

Watch her speak
https://www.washingtonpost.com/vide...7f14b73162a_video.html?utm_term=.09fbc3fd1cdf

EMMA THOMPSON DOES A GREAT SUMMARY OF THIS ISSUE

WOMEN HAVE TO FIGHT

And a reminder, this thread is about.........#ME TOO

https://metoo.center/Main_Page

Main Page
From #MeToo Center.......has a list of those accused

Tell your story. Add a Predator and a known Incident story.

About #MeToo Center
MeToo Center serves as the central repository of predators and their victim's stories. Predatory behavior in our culture can change over time if predators have real fear of being exposed. Up until recently these individuals had no fear. We are here as part of an effort to change that.

Share your story no matter how big or how small. Expose a predator.

Follow us on Twitter!

How It Works
1. Add a Predator

If a Predator already exists in our database just Add or Edit an Existing Incident on that Predator's page.

2. Create an Incident with a Victim's name and the Victim's story. We require Victim's real names to deter false or anonymous accusations.

3. Wait for your story to go live. Moderators usually approve stories within 24 hours.

Offensive as the removed poster was....HE made me laugh, the absolute zenith of ridiculous irony
And the dimwit remains unconscious ......as are any posters that come into a topic thread about abuse of females = and abuse females, some people do make me laugh, but I tend to forget how literal and dim some are .
(I do know who the banned one is, can't mistake his posting)

Back