Skip to main content

I'm A Celebrity! AU (2017) - Articles

Sheesh why are people so obsessed with bras???
Tabloids and goss pages also obsess about whether celebs have a bra on, why?
I like how Zippy is relaxed and couldn't give a shit.
There are man boobs flopping around, give them a bras

The Price thing was such a tiny moment, Laws would have done well to keep quiet. I believe price over creepy laws - thought he was dead actually.
People moaning about Tom elsewhere- why? You need all kinds to make it fun, he is funny grumpy outsider I love it, the more bewildered the better, hope we get to see his rants.
40 grand seems kind of cheap to me, I bet it is more, 40 is no where near enough for public humiliation and gross stuff.

Evacuation procedures in place as Cyclone Dineo heads for I’m A Celebrity ... Get me Out Of Here!

February 15, 2017, 7:44pm
Jonathon Moran, The Daily Telegraph

CYCLONE Dineo has put production on I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here! on notice.

Producers of the hit Channel Ten reality show are reviewing evacuation procedures with the cyclone measuring winds of 120 kms/hr.

Currently on the coast of Mozambique, the cyclone is heading directly inland 500kms from the I’m A Celebrity set near Kruger National Park in South Africa.

Risk and safety adviser Paul Chivers said flash flooding is the biggest risk with high rainfall expected as the cyclone hits.

“The intensity will drop off as Dineo heads inland and hopefully before it hits us,” Mr Chivers said. “The greatest concern at this point is the amount of rain it delivers to the area, which would then put us on high flood alert.”

Production receive weather information from the local disaster management team, the local air force base and weather forecasters on a minute to minute basis.

The evacuation plan would see celebrities taken out of the jungle camp to higher ground.

“It wouldn’t just be the celebrities, it would be the whole production of 400 plus people,” Mr Chivers said.

Network Ten head of entertainment and factual programming Stephen Tate added: “Every day Africa throws us a new challenge. We have a full plan to safely evacuate the cast and crew to higher ground and the show will go on.”

In 2012, the Limpopo Provence, where the show is filmed, registered its worst flooding on record with more than 700mm of rainfall in a 24 hour period and townships cut off completely.

No fatalities were recorded but more than 600 homes were destroyed and some towns were without drinking water for more than a month.

* The journalist is in South Africa as a guest of Channel Ten.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...e/news-story/46b7759a00052685dd3e107344e929da

More on the cyclone and related flooding:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...e/news-story/3eaf8bcf435a52c2949d7c42e596a4b6

1d15f7a66240335bdf818e46a7eefd12

http://www.couriermail.com.au/rende...s/news-story/949c10572df96783c81a031c06dc2869

Skye Wheatley: I’m A Celebrity’s Keira Maguire deserves better from her campmates

If you’re unsure of what the definition of “mean” is, all you have to do is watch any episode of I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here since Keira Maguire’s arrival.

Since she entered the camp, she has been picked on by other campmates and frankly, it’s sickening to watch.

I first met Keira because we both go to the same nose surgeon. I was there for my initial consultation and she could tell I was nervous about my surgery. Because she had gone through it, she comforted me and told me I’d be fine and that there was no need to stress. She was just so lovely and supportive.

Witnessing the way she’s being treated now on the show is horrible. It feels so raw and familiar to me because that’s exactly how I was treated in the Big Brother house when I was a contestant in 2014.

3fdbef6c61e3d0d7d94e30dac96668eb

Skye Wheatley’s time in the Big Brother house was a bit of an emotional roller coaster. (Pic: Channel Nine)
And I can assure you, being the butt of everyone’s jokes is psychologically damaging.

I was the youngest out of the group, it felt like no one really loved me, like no one was really a fan of me and everyone in the house just thought I was young and dumb. When things upset or frustrated me in the house, I would express my feelings and be instantly accused of “chucking tantrums” but when the others acted out, it would just get swept under the rug.

It became them against me and that’s exactly what I see when I watch how Keira is being treated by her campmates.

During a conversation about cosmetic surgery on the show this week, Keira asked fellow campmate Ash Pollard if she’d had her “lips done”. Keira said her own had been enhanced but that she didn’t think they were “that obvious”.

Ash then said: “Sorry, what did you just say? You just said yours aren’t that obvious? Babe, you practically have a speech impediment, they’re that big.”

That’s really just mean.

On another recent episode, the whole group had to compete for the chance to eat some pie. Campmate Casey Donovan had a legitimate fear of snakes and forfeited the challenge before she had to come into contact with them. Everyone was so supportive and made her feel OK with her decision. Then when Keira forfeited because she didn’t want cockroaches poured all over her, it was a completely different story.

She even said she gave up to give Ash a spot in the pie eating group because she’d been hungry for longer. This was a lovely gesture but all some people cared about was making her feel bad for opting out of the challenge. She was even told that she needed to try harder which wasn’t fair because Keira had previously completed some pretty scary trials and collected a lot of stars that meant her campmates could eat a decent meal.

6d705d3d0125095217ec691862bc20bd

Keira Maguire collects stars during a tucker trial on I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! (Pic: Channel 10)
Being the person that everyone seemingly decides to hate makes you feel really isolated. Before I went into the Big Brother house, I really thought I was good at communicating with all types and ages of people. I had an idea of myself as a really bubbly, outgoing person who could hold a good conversation with others. Then I went into the house and it felt like people instantly hated me before even getting to know anything about me. I was like, “Oh my gosh, I must suck”. They just made me feel so dumb.

The way they spoke to me, excluded me, rolled their eyes at me and whispered behind my back, it really hit hard. And that interpretation they had made of me, really rubbed off on the way I saw myself. It affects you deeply and changes who you are. For a long time after leaving the show, I doubted myself and who I was because these people decided I didn’t deserve to be treated with respect.

ef3ff5b0d12ea4740513b52bd0567413

Keira entered the jungle as an intruder. (Pic: Channel 10)
I can see this happening now to Keira and it’s heartbreaking. The bickering that happens on the show reminds me of high school antics. It’s disheartening to see these people who should be role models, showing the rest of Australia that it’s OK to not include a person because they seem different.

Keira is different. If she doesn’t agree with someone, she speaks her mind. She’s very upfront and will say what she thinks. She’s honest. But this does not mean she deserves to be treated so badly.

Watching the show, there are times when I think, “Oh Keira, don’t make those baby noises” but what people need to realise is that there’s a big difference between watching someone have snakes put on them or doing crazy things at extreme heights and actually having to be there in that moment. You never know how you would react until you are actually there.

Once you’re put in those circumstances everything changes.

What we can all learn from this situation is compassion. We have the choice to side with those who exclude others or to open our minds and see someone who doesn’t fit our mould or idea of the “right kind of person” and strive to see the good in them.

Because Keira is a good person. She’s kind. She didn’t judge me when we met. She didn’t allow her prejudices to control how she treated me. We can all learn from her.

Skye Wheatley was a contestant on Big Brother in 2014.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/rende...s/news-story/949c10572df96783c81a031c06dc2869

Skye Wheatley: I’m A Celebrity’s Keira Maguire deserves better from her campmates

If you’re unsure of what the definition of “mean” is, all you have to do is watch any episode of I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here since Keira Maguire’s arrival.

Since she entered the camp, she has been picked on by other campmates and frankly, it’s sickening to watch.

I first met Keira because we both go to the same nose surgeon. I was there for my initial consultation and she could tell I was nervous about my surgery. Because she had gone through it, she comforted me and told me I’d be fine and that there was no need to stress. She was just so lovely and supportive.

Witnessing the way she’s being treated now on the show is horrible. It feels so raw and familiar to me because that’s exactly how I was treated in the Big Brother house when I was a contestant in 2014.

3fdbef6c61e3d0d7d94e30dac96668eb

Skye Wheatley’s time in the Big Brother house was a bit of an emotional roller coaster. (Pic: Channel Nine)
And I can assure you, being the butt of everyone’s jokes is psychologically damaging.

I was the youngest out of the group, it felt like no one really loved me, like no one was really a fan of me and everyone in the house just thought I was young and dumb. When things upset or frustrated me in the house, I would express my feelings and be instantly accused of “chucking tantrums” but when the others acted out, it would just get swept under the rug.

It became them against me and that’s exactly what I see when I watch how Keira is being treated by her campmates.

During a conversation about cosmetic surgery on the show this week, Keira asked fellow campmate Ash Pollard if she’d had her “lips done”. Keira said her own had been enhanced but that she didn’t think they were “that obvious”.

Ash then said: “Sorry, what did you just say? You just said yours aren’t that obvious? Babe, you practically have a speech impediment, they’re that big.”

That’s really just mean.

On another recent episode, the whole group had to compete for the chance to eat some pie. Campmate Casey Donovan had a legitimate fear of snakes and forfeited the challenge before she had to come into contact with them. Everyone was so supportive and made her feel OK with her decision. Then when Keira forfeited because she didn’t want cockroaches poured all over her, it was a completely different story.

She even said she gave up to give Ash a spot in the pie eating group because she’d been hungry for longer. This was a lovely gesture but all some people cared about was making her feel bad for opting out of the challenge. She was even told that she needed to try harder which wasn’t fair because Keira had previously completed some pretty scary trials and collected a lot of stars that meant her campmates could eat a decent meal.

6d705d3d0125095217ec691862bc20bd

Keira Maguire collects stars during a tucker trial on I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! (Pic: Channel 10)
Being the person that everyone seemingly decides to hate makes you feel really isolated. Before I went into the Big Brother house, I really thought I was good at communicating with all types and ages of people. I had an idea of myself as a really bubbly, outgoing person who could hold a good conversation with others. Then I went into the house and it felt like people instantly hated me before even getting to know anything about me. I was like, “Oh my gosh, I must suck”. They just made me feel so dumb.

The way they spoke to me, excluded me, rolled their eyes at me and whispered behind my back, it really hit hard. And that interpretation they had made of me, really rubbed off on the way I saw myself. It affects you deeply and changes who you are. For a long time after leaving the show, I doubted myself and who I was because these people decided I didn’t deserve to be treated with respect.

ef3ff5b0d12ea4740513b52bd0567413

Keira entered the jungle as an intruder. (Pic: Channel 10)
I can see this happening now to Keira and it’s heartbreaking. The bickering that happens on the show reminds me of high school antics. It’s disheartening to see these people who should be role models, showing the rest of Australia that it’s OK to not include a person because they seem different.

Keira is different. If she doesn’t agree with someone, she speaks her mind. She’s very upfront and will say what she thinks. She’s honest. But this does not mean she deserves to be treated so badly.

Watching the show, there are times when I think, “Oh Keira, don’t make those baby noises” but what people need to realise is that there’s a big difference between watching someone have snakes put on them or doing crazy things at extreme heights and actually having to be there in that moment. You never know how you would react until you are actually there.

Once you’re put in those circumstances everything changes.

What we can all learn from this situation is compassion. We have the choice to side with those who exclude others or to open our minds and see someone who doesn’t fit our mould or idea of the “right kind of person” and strive to see the good in them.

Because Keira is a good person. She’s kind. She didn’t judge me when we met. She didn’t allow her prejudices to control how she treated me. We can all learn from her.

Skye Wheatley was a contestant on Big Brother in 2014.

Ducklips gotta stick together.

Reactions: kxk
I get that it was part of the argument narrative, but to cut straight from that to a scene involving Carson is very deceptive.

I am wondering if some of the big 'fights' are over a few days. (several small arguments made out to be a huge one.)

Tom Arnold reveals insane I’m A Celeb pay packet

Viewers were infuriated when Hollywood comedian Tom Arnold appeared to quietly nap away his time on I’m A Celebrity — and it seems the funnyman got paid handsomely for it.

Arnold gave a characteristically honest response when one viewer tweeted this week to ask him what had convinced him to sign up for the show.

“$600k-$700k,” he replied, saying he was “Out of comfort zone. Scared. Embarrassed” on the show.

If that figure is accurate, it’s a much larger financial windfall than was previously speculated: Earlier this month, Confidential reported that Arnold would be pocketing $40,000 a week for appearing on the show.

Given he was the first person voted out, that estimate would’ve seen him take home under $100,000.

Arnold’s payday is even bigger if you consider that the American comic, now back in his native US, could be referring to American currency in his tweet: $700k US is more than $900k in Aussie dollars.

After another Twitter user suggested Arnold had let a closely-held reality TV secret out of the bag, the comic said producers on the show had told him about previous media reporting on his salary so he “figured it was okay”:

The actor, who became famous for his roles on the sitcom Roseanne and the films True Lies and Nine Months, was blasted by viewers on Twitter during his time on the show for seeming so darn miserable.

Arnold made no secret of the fact he didn’t enjoy his time on the show, saying he never expected he’d really have to rough it.

“It’s horrible, are you kidding me? It’s the worst thing I’ve ever been through. I didn’t know it was going to be real, or I wouldn’t have signed up for it.”

In another post-show tweet, Arnold reflected that he actually had it better in the jungle than his Aussie campmates, as he was able to relax and be himself while the “Aussies had 2 put on a bit of a show 2 get more work.”

When approached by news.com.au for comment on Arnold’s salary claims, a Ten spokesperson told us that “Network Ten does not disclose confidential contract details.”

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...t/news-story/ec8a09e1cc7949447c9cde3fb364e4c6

I love the bolded part & I believe what he said.

Reactions: kxk
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/02/tom-arnold-i-was-joking.html

Tom Arnold: “I was joking”
February 24th, 2017 By David Knox

After media concluded much from Tom Arnold’s tweet about his $600 – $700k salary fromI’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, the US comedian now says he was just joshin.’

[can't get the tweets to copy! see TT; He wrote" Was joking. I don't even what I got. and it's a violation for anyone to seriously discuss. I got $1 for every maggot I ate so could be close"]

His new tweet follows a statement by TEN to quell the speculation he was paid up to $AU900,000.

“Every year, we see inflated figures thrown around by celebrities. Unfortunately we are contractually unable to refute it as Network TEN does not disclose confidential contract details.”

So was Arnold really joking? Or did someone have a word to his management?

As he now indicates, it’s a contract breach to publicly discuss rates. That’s because the network still has to negotiate salaries for subsequent seasons and every other show on its books. While the current cast wouldn’t learn of his fee until they have departed, there are still 2 hosts on the show who have full access to his revelation.

If salaries become public knowledge it puts more negotiating power in the hands of talent to up their fees.

It also isn’t a great look when the network has had to tell shareholders they are facing a full-year earnings loss of $20 million to $30 million.

With a staff of around 400 in South Africa -more than half of whom are Aussies- the price tag for the show must be one of the biggest in the biz.

With a staff of around 400 in South Africa -more than half of whom are Aussies- the price tag for the show must be one of the biggest in the biz.

I wonder if that includes all the "embedded" media - i.e. reporters from the likes of News Corp, Fairfax, radio etc who are in SA at Ten's expense to write about and generate buzz for the show?

Oh, and the $40k/week for Tom Arnold seemed low and I said that before.

If they are stupid enough to pay Shane Warne 2 million, Tom's original claim probably is in the right ballpark.

I dunno, it seems odd that they'd give someone a flat fee no matter how long they stayed, that's obviously a risk they wouldn't want to take if they didn't have to. Unprofessional of Tom if he felt he didn't have to 'put on a show' though - that's what he's paid to do.

I dunno, it seems odd that they'd give someone a flat fee no matter how long they stayed, that's obviously a risk they wouldn't want to take if they didn't have to. Unprofessional of Tom if he felt he didn't have to 'put on a show' though - that's what he's paid to do.
I agree, I'd also assume it would be a pay-per-week. But yes, the admission he didn't even bother to make an effort was probably half the reason he was evicted so quickly. I don't think he was so upset by that as he apparently thought he'd get some kind of star treatment in a luxury cabin with private hot tub or something.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...d/news-story/6fb9e0307b705d4e4b32e7926bfd802a

Resident I’m A Celeb psych says celebrities want to go back in the jungle even after they’re evicted

DESPITE being starved of everyday life for up to six weeks, psychologist Kate Baecher expects celebrities competing on I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here! to want to stay in the jungle even after being evicted from the reality show.

“As soon as you get out, you want to go back because it is safe and known. Suddenly there are too many noises, too many smells and too many people when you are accustomed to having only a few people around is very overwhelming,” Dr Baecher told News Corp.

b015cdd7d3ad5683e8f3a238b2639ebc

The IAC2 medical team of Dr Reisa Jansen Van Resnberg (left) and psychologist Kate Baucher. Picture: Network TenSource:Supplied

Usually based in Sydney, Dr Baecher is the resident psychologist on the South African set of the Channel Ten reality show and is one of the first people celebrities see when they come out of the jungle.

“It is about helping them process the experience, what happened in there, what they’ve learnt about themselves and the whole experience,” she explained.

“They are going to be snappy. They are going to want to be alone. They are actually going to miss everyone,” Baecher explained.

279111caddea1af9b16cd2c53282051c

Meltdowns happen when celebrities are starved of food. Keira Maguire had an epic one recently. Picture: Nigel Wright/Channel TenSource:Channel 10

“After the first few days when they are super excited to be out, mentally there is a part of them that will still be in the jungle when they’re home for a few days and they will feel discombobulated.”

Dr Baecher, 34, is on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week through the six weeks of the series and will maintain contact with celebrities when they return home.

a71be8fc01f00ba1ea10b4f52940937b

Boredom is a big problem during the series ... that’s why there’s a psychologist on hand. Picture: Network 10Source:Channel 10

It is her job to keep an eye on contestant’s mental health, monitoring any behavioural changes and helping celebrities manage any issues that may arise.

“I go into the medical hut, they take off their microphones so it is a safe space and it is all confidential and we talk through what is going on,” Dr Baecher explained.

“A lot of it is about either processing the experience and how to get through a particular time. A lot of them don’t know how to handle emotions because in the outside world there is so much emotional avoidance so this is the first time they’ve ever truly been alone with their thoughts.”

8caa6d155cb55b8991d60732080de60e

Even middle-aged radio jocks like Steve Price need mental support after time in the jungle. Picture: Channel TenSource:Channel 10

Food plays a huge part in the celebrity’s mental wellbeing and there have been some monumental blow ups throughout this third series including between Kris Smith and Tziporah Malkah and Steve Price and Keira Maguire.

“Because they are food deprived, their thoughts are going haywire and that makes them really negatively emotional.”

• The journalist is in South Africa as a guest of Channel Ten.

Back