Skip to main content

US 2016 Presidential Election

That is a scary clip, poor woman.

Doctor is always right:) and well ahead, 40 years ago TODAY = 22nd Jan

C2xZvLJXUAAFXlq.jpg

What does Dr Who say about people like Reepbot, who completely change their political views based on a single MAGA post of an internet persona on the BBB site?

Watching his backflip is too funny! Reepbot is like a puppet who thinks he is loyal only to one. It is just awkward the fact "the one" has spent most of their interactions over the last 2 years publicly scorning him.

I guess he can take comfort in the fact they will always have their trumped up connection.

I hope Elizabeth Warren runs in the next election.

"1984" SKYROCKETS ON AMAZON'S BEST-SELLERS LIST AFTER "ALTERNATIVE FACTS" CONTROVERSY

It seems that Kellyanne Conway's "alternative facts" remark has sparked more than just a slew hilarious memes. Following the Trump advisor's faux-pas, George Orwell's acclaimed dystopian novel 1984 has skyrocketed in sales-- landing itself as the sixth best-selling book on Amazon.

C22xBq_XUAABjG5.jpg

I hope Elizabeth Warren runs in the next election.

"1984" SKYROCKETS ON AMAZON'S BEST-SELLERS LIST AFTER "ALTERNATIVE FACTS" CONTROVERSY

It seems that Kellyanne Conway's "alternative facts" remark has sparked more than just a slew hilarious memes. Following the Trump advisor's faux-pas, George Orwell's acclaimed dystopian novel 1984 has skyrocketed in sales-- landing itself as the sixth best-selling book on Amazon.

C22xBq_XUAABjG5.jpg

This is another book getting a new life because of Trump: [url=https://www.amazon.com/Cant-Happen-Here-Signet-Classics/dp/0451465644/]It Can't Happen Here[/URL]

From wikipedia:

...the novel describes the rise of Berzelius "Buzz" Windrip, a politician who defeats Franklin Delano Roosevelt and is elected President of the United States, after fomenting fear and promising drastic economic and social reforms while promoting a return to patriotism and "traditional" values. After his election, Windrip takes complete control of the government and imposes a plutocratic/totalitarian rule with the help of a ruthless paramilitary force, in the manner of Adolf Hitler and the SS. The novel's plot centers on journalist Doremus Jessup's opposition to the new regime and his subsequent struggle against it as part of a liberal rebellion.

Still a long way to go, and a lot of stuff to do, but Trump seems to be doing pretty well thus far. I for one am glad that Trump is making America great again yet also a touch of sadness that we have no one in Australia to make our country truly great again.

Such a shame, such a shame.....

God I hope Tina Arena doesn't come out with a tweet or a quote where she states something like:

"I hate Donald Trump, and I disown any of my fans who support him."

Then I will really be in a pickle. :(

Reactions: kxk
Take me back - to 1991, when the world looked so HOPEFUL....

The most optimistic the clock has ever been was 17 minutes to midnight, which occurred for four years from 1991 following the fall of the Berlin Wall, the end of the Cold War and the signing of the first strategic arms reduction treaty.

af6210dbc0b0a66a88e1b5b300d559c3

0125-melania-trump-blink-twice-instagram-3.jpg

Kelly Rowland has a message for First Lady Melania Trump, whom some dubbed 'miserable-looking' during the inaugural weekend festivities - sparking a 'free Melania' meme.

The four-time Grammy winner - who turns 36 next month - told TMZ on Tuesday:
'Blink twice, Melania, blink twice. Blink twice if you need help!'

3C5C663200000578-0-image-a-41_1485408649362.jpg

God I hope Tina Arena doesn't come out with a tweet or a quote where she states something like:

"I hate Donald Trump, and I disown any of my fans who support him."

Then I will really be in a pickle. :(

Chances are according to this article she probably won't say it, as she states she doesn't want to be shot down by the media for stating her political views. But there is a high chance she is not a Donanld fan, as she is the daughter of immigrants and she says "I think the important thing is to be able to understand it, embrace it, make people feel welcome and to help them integrate into our culture.”

https://www.theguardian.com/culture.../aug/08/tina-arena-opens-darwin-festival-2014

Chances are according to this article she probably won't say it, as she states she doesn't want to be shot down by the media for stating her political views. But there is a high chance she is not a Donanld fan, as she is the daughter of immigrants and she says "I think the important thing is to be able to understand it, embrace it, make people feel welcome and to help them integrate into our culture.”

https://www.theguardian.com/culture.../aug/08/tina-arena-opens-darwin-festival-2014

oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo iseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i mean on one hand you have tina. who has a wonderful singing voice. plus she makes a good point about immigration. one area where i don't agree with him (i do agree with him about illegal immigration though, not about banning people from muslim countries). Yet she's really just a singer and knows as much about it as you or me.

and on the other hand you have inigo. whose passion for Donald Trump has swept me along too. I have begun to research his policies and have agreed with some of those. So i have to thank inigo for that. That doesn't mean i agree with all of his policies. just like i don't agree with everything inigo says or does.

so thinking it over i'll have to go with inigo. because she has a lifetime free pass.

sorry, tina.

oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo iseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i mean on one hand you have tina. who has a wonderful singing voice. plus she makes a good point about immigration. one area where i don't agree with him (i do agree with him about illegal immigration though, not about banning people from muslim countries). Yet she's really just a singer and knows as much about it as you or me.

and on the other hand you have inigo. whose passion for Donald Trump has swept me along too. I have begun to research his policies and have agreed with some of those. So i have to thank inigo for that. That doesn't mean i agree with all of his policies. just like i don't agree with everything inigo says or does.

so thinking it over i'll have to go with inigo. because she has a lifetime free pass.

sorry, tina.
I am sure Tina won't reject you as a fan just because you do agree with some of Trumps policies :) You did get me curious enough on what her views might be to look though!

It is really good Inigo has got you thinking and researching, and coming to your own conclusions. I have to admit for someone who hated ryan for being rich, I am surprised you like Trump lol

The thing I find hard to reconcile is that some of Trumps policies and words on the surface can sound like something i can agree with, but those often seem very in-congruent with Trump himself. He can say we should keep the jobs in America but as a businessman he goes offshore for cheaper labour a lot. And as a female I find his attitude towards woman disgusting, and I cannot see that his idea of making America great again will mean anything close to equality for all american citizens. I find his religious affiliations interesting too.

Proof will be yet to come, but it is concerning that he is signing all these documents to make things happen without any solid research to all the repercussions from a budgetary, logistical and foreign affairs perspective nor how to handle the risk management.

I am sure Tina won't reject you as a fan just because you do agree with some of Trumps policies :) You did get me curious enough on what her views might be to look though!

It is really good Inigo has got you thinking and researching, and coming to your own conclusions. I have to admit for someone who hated ryan for being rich, I am surprised you like Trump lol

The thing I find hard to reconcile is that some of Trumps policies and words on the surface can sound like something i can agree with, but those often seem very in-congruent with Trump himself. He can say we should keep the jobs in America but as a businessman he goes offshore for cheaper labour a lot. And as a female I find his attitude towards woman disgusting, and I cannot see that his idea of making America great again will mean anything close to equality for all american citizens. I find his religious affiliations interesting too.

Proof will be yet to come, but it is concerning that he is signing all these documents to make things happen without any solid research to all the repercussions from a budgetary, logistical and foreign affairs perspective nor how to handle the risk management.

Yes, the proof is yet to come. Like i said i don't agree with all of his policies, only some of them.

I personally think equality is impossible to achieve. Especially in regards to wealth.

Back