Skip to main content

Survivor Season 33

Just watched last week's (last night's for me). I'm still an episode behind so I haven't read any new comments here yet.

So pleased that one of the meatheads has gone. He and his two compatriots seem your typical macho pig-headed creeps. Ce Ce may be weak in challenges but she's a more interesting person.
It's very hard to warm to any of these people, though Ken is still my favourite.
Millenials are not appealing at all.

I'm not going to gripe about how it's not as good as Australian Survivor... well perhaps just a little bit. There's plenty of time though.

Best moment so far:

ne82nb6FwgllS.gif

I do agree but in his confessional he voted for Jess. I guess he was really pissed off when she went and told Lucy what he said.

BTW, what a fucking terrible move that was. Yeah, OF COURSE nothing bad would go wrong if Jess went and asked Lucy is she was being voted out! ffs...

Good point. I forgot about Jess for a minute.

Caught up now. I'm still liking Ken, and totally sided with him over Lucy, who was too brutal and controlling and deserved to go. However, Ken is playing with his heart, and voted for Jessica just because she dobbed on him... it would have made more sense to vote with Dave and CeCe. Not that Dave playing his idol to save Jessica made much sense so early. He's a very nervous player, and it's hard to watch.
Mikaila losing her top and soldiering on regardless was brilliant, I'm liking her a lot.
The other millennials are still useless and unlikeable, though Adam seems to have a story arc of his own.

I'm just glad nobody is saying they're the 'good guys' or is talking about how hard it is to play the game because of their principles. The nearest to that recently was probably Joe (last season I think) who wouldn't talk strategy outside his alliance. I doubt he had many fans.

I'm just glad nobody is saying they're the 'good guys' or is talking about how hard it is to play the game because of their principles. The nearest to that recently was probably Joe (last season I think) who wouldn't talk strategy outside his alliance. I doubt he had many fans.
One of things I don't like about Survivor Australia is the people saying they want to play the game with integrity. Its survivor! Yo can'tget anywhere without a bit of back stabbing and bitching. Thats how winners are made

I'm finding the faster pace hard after Au Survivor lol.

Anyway, I alternate constantly between wanting gen x to win and then both tribes dumb decisions like eliminating annoying but big guy and the Millennials keeping Figgy lol what are they thinking!

I was impressed by the way Chris just grabbed both young stong Millennials and overpowered them.

I'm inbetween age wise so I'm torn by...mainly their seemingly dumb voting. Oh well, I hope the season picks up. We need a Russel 3.0.[DOUBLEPOST=1476799267][/DOUBLEPOST]
One of things I don't like about Survivor Australia is the people saying they want to play the game with integrity. Its survivor! Yo can'tget anywhere without a bit of back stabbing and bitching. Thats how winners are made
No way dude! Bazza's gameplay was totally great to watch....*SCOFF!

On after 11 here tonight, will have to record it again. They should put it on at 9:30, get those who just finished watching The Bachelorette, but NINE think sport and old Trump roasts are more important.

So glad the US producers never do any messing with the format to save a player! That threeway tribe swap has saved my Zeke.

Zeke and Ken are the only players I really like, but I still don't mind the ginger bear Chris. Mikaila's enjoyable to watch, but she talks as if she's got a mouthful of barbed wire and razor blades. Adam's okay.

Dave is an impressive sportsman! My lord, it was like watching electrified junket go after that ball/buoy.

David has really been good for the season, an underdog who is willing to play the game. It's funny that the producers did put in two (him and CeCe) who can't really swim that well. But he did at least dive down and get the ball unlike Michelle.

It would have been funny had he used the idol and voted out Michelle after she had a go at him at tribal. But losing CeCe makes the tribe stronger and means they are less certain to go back to tribal and it also keeps David's options open with the idol. He's used one for someone else already, and he wants to keep the only idol at camp rather than use another one up and hope he finds yet another one first. He definitely wants another switch or merge sooner rather than later though.

I liked Zeke and still do to an extent, but his infatuation with the sports guy annoys me, it's as blatant as a showmance. Ken just played too emotional in a previous episode. Jessica seems desperate trusting in Ken. The legacy advantage is unlikely to remain a secret for all that time I think.

I'm liking Ken, and I hope there's a future in him aligning with Adam. Don't mind Jessica if she's their third wheel.
I like Zeke, but not the arrogant sports jock he's infatuated with.
David and Mikaila are entertaining to watch.
Not getting anything from the others, particularly the horrible showmance between the vapid millenials.

Lots of booeys from Jeff this week, and I've never heard anyone pronounce lasso as lass-oh before.

Also, I didn't like that they split back into three tribes, especially as it didn't succeed in breaking up the couple. There are still too many people, and dividing them will mean the nobodies will stay around longer, and it made it easier to target people like CeCe due to it only taking a couple of votes.

Joegod was amazing <333333

Guess I'll have to catch up on the US version now. Tell me, someone who's watched, it does get better than the first two eps and all the teenage love interest stupidness?

Nine has opted not to air a planned James Franco Roast this Thursday night, presumably after unspectacular numbers for the Donald Trump Roast last week.

It will now replay the 2009 movie The Hangover.

Sadly that pushes Survivor back to an 11:30pm start. I’ve lost count of how many different starting times the show has had this season.

I believe it is still available mid-arvo on 9Now.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/10/gone-james-franco-roast.html

Far out! I hate Nein.

Each tribe is pretty interesting.

Adam: align with Ken. He loves you because you are polite and respectful. Vote out Figgy.

Michaela and Jay: these two give good confessional. I like Hannah, too. Just Pagong out Bret etc.

Dave vs Chris: obviously Dave will win, but how? Zeke seems cool, too.

Back