Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 18 Discussion

I've read that JL has fake boobs...not sure about Flick or any of the other girls?

...I might be in the minority here but I'm starting to like Jennah-Louise more each day... if anyone is going to break up the 'cliques' in the tribe I believe that she will be the one to instigate it... not Sue now after tonight... I think that she might step up and shine now methinks!... well I hope so anyway... she might have some fire in her belly when she gets shitted off I reckon... just saying... cheers.

Disappointing episode. I don't think the twist helped the underdogs, and the Channel 10 promo was nothing but smoke.

As long as Kristie stays, I'm happy, but I fear her number is coming soon.

Ep 18: Tribal Council Votes
http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/australian-survivor/extra/season-1/ep-18-tribal-council-votes

Matt, Sam and Kylie voted for Sue, everyone else voted for Kylie
Matt said because he was told to vote for Sue
Sam said because Sue's riding the coat-tails of others

I'm sorry, WHAT???
What kind of numbnuts just votes for who he is told to?
How is Sue riding on anyone's coat-tails, and has Sam had one independent thought in the whole game?

Disappointing episode. I don't think the twist helped the underdogs, and the Channel 10 promo was nothing but smoke.

As long as Kristie stays, I'm happy, but I fear her number is coming soon.
Well, as opposed to the promo revealing the evictee, just can't please some people.

The idiot boys voted for Sue. WTF is wrong with them?
3 out of the 4 sent to exile island, Sue, Flick and Lee all voted for Kylie...(Matt voted for Sue) so Flick must have had a word with them, as well as telling them not to hunt for the idol

So who's next? Sue or Matt or Sam?
I don't think Sam is a target just yet? I think Matt be their next target

JL, El or Brooke.
I wonder if Lee will protect El if her name ever comes up, use his advantage at tribal

I dont think that Lee having the advantage clue has ever been brought up? Did he tell some others, ( he once mentioned in confessional that he would) or do they assume it was another idol clue, and Nick got to the idol first?

JL supposedly makes/suggests a move sometime....

I dont think that Lee having the advantage clue has ever been brought up? Did he tell some others, ( he once mentioned in confessional that he would) or do they assume it was another idol clue, and Nick got to the idol first?
Nick assumed that was the case so I guess the others believe that too... which made for a perfect smoke screen for Lee.

But the way this show is playing out he won't even bother playing it.

I'm sorry, WHAT???
What kind of numbnuts just votes for who he is told to?
How is Sue riding on anyone's coat-tails, and has Sam had one independent thought in the whole game?

...Matt... as with both of the other idiotic guys on the island are just not intelligent enough to think for themselves... their stupidity does my head in big time... I so miss Nick with his theories and conspiracies lol!... he might have been playing the game the wrong way but at least he respected the game for what it was... at least he was decent enough to watch the game and learn from it... he was at least PLAYING THE GAME as it should be played... not just having a free cosy little holiday as this lot are...

...as much as I dislike Brooke and Flick... I do have to say that at least they are both playing the game with the respect that it deserves... obviously they have at least watched the show before no doubt... hence the reason as to why they are running this so well... I'm nearly getting to the stage where I'm going to be hoping that they win this if somebody doesn't do something soon... as much as I always go for the underdogs at all times I am beginning to think that they have all just given up after tonight's show...

...I did see some glimmer of hope in Jennah-Louise tonight... if she could organise herself and Sue to instigate a rebellion then something might happen methinks!... that's the only hope that I am clinging onto at least anyway... I don't want to start not barracking for the underdogs but sheesh!... they are sure pushing the envelope with me big time... I'll try and stay loyal to them in the meantime though... we'll see how it pans out eh?... cheers.

It's all about the air time these days.
Maybe true but he still should know more about the basics of the game. There is a half a million dollars at stake that he might have had a path to winning if he wasn't so ignorant.

Well, as opposed to the promo revealing the evictee, just can't please some people.
Maybe this was in fact a big move given the people we have left who are happy with 4th or 5th place so they do t have to actually do anything but follow directions until it's their time to march out the door.
Maybe Sue pretending to go along is a big move now?
I prefer them to not give away who is going home myself but over selling is annoying too.

This season started out great and has now gotten so boring and stale with no one willing to make any moves to further themselves in this game. Everyone can see that Brooke and Flick will be in the final with Brooke winning the money.

This season started out great and has now gotten so boring and stale with no one willing to make any moves to further themselves in this game. Everyone can see that Brooke and Flick will be in the final with Brooke winning the money.
Will Nick and Kylie vote for Brooke? I can't tell how bitter they might be.
Any chance Flick could turn on Brooke or vice versa at final 5?

Ok my view:

Kylie - it was expected, she was just too big a threat to the "rulling trio", they can get sue
anytime because she wont win any immunity.
with nick and kylie, I think they will probably be very bitter and will be voting for
anyone in the final other than that girl trio, if anyone else makes it to the final.

Jonathan - this is not dr. phil.
theres asking a few provocative questions for a few moments..
and then theres making the tribal into an entire mini-show of 10 minutes of
completely predictable questions and predictable answers by now, week after week.
either let the jury ask some questions, or get the vote going quicker at tribals.

What the fuck with Matt not listening to his gut and looking for the idol and everyone just doing what Flick told them to do!!!
Anyone else think one of them might have found the Idol and it's being kept secret to surprise us at a future Tribal Council.

...I might be in the minority here but I'm starting to like Jennah-Louise more each day... if anyone is going to break up the 'cliques' in the tribe I believe that she will be the one to instigate it... not Sue now after tonight... I think that she might step up and shine now methinks!... well I hope so anyway... she might have some fire in her belly when she gets shitted off I reckon... just saying... cheers.
Well we hadn't seen enough of Jenna-Louise to really dislike her - our opinion of her was somewhat fed by Nick's opinion of her. Indeed we've seen more of Nick talking about her than we have of her talking.

Agree though she might be key to breaking up the clique - somebody has got to notice how consistently well Brooke and El are performing in the immunity challenges, and as much as I'd like to see the back of Flick getting rid of Brooke or El first is the smart move. Indeed without them Flick is nothing.

It would be nice to see someone other than the flagged up targets of Matt and Sue go next.

I think she's trying to get them in the promo by talking with Kristie. Kristie needs to have the spine to step up, get Sue on board and then tackle Matt to get on board as he's feeling very vulnerable. Forget Lee as he's a dead weight. Oh dear, it's a mess, isn't it.

Has there been a surprise vote since Phoebe idoled out Craig? I think it's been a straight shot?

I was hoping it was Sue or Matt going with the edit as given. After all there looked no hope of the main alliance getting broken up.

Matt - it was a sob story episode. I know you could say Nick got one the other day as well but Matt only seemed to be trying to excuse his floating in the game by saying he just wanted to be liked. Kind of sad seeing him meekly agree that they shouldn't look for the idol individually on Exile Beach.

Sue - she basically said she's happy to be sixth, looking to float along. 'If they've got the numbers then good on them' lol. Then one of the things that annoys me, when people go on about how they are some great example to people watching (often their children, or some cultural group). It's a game you don't have to prove you have some values that you think you represent.

JL - says she wants to make moves but nobody will help her. And then she votes out Kylie who apparently wanted to make moves.

The challenge was alright, though the last challenge with only 3 very large targets made it look like they didn't want it to last very long.

The use of music represented what I don't like when it's used badly in US programming. That's when it indicates a closure in advance by a big build up of sound. This was very annoying at the end of the challenge. Less so at the vote I guess as when there's a pause by the host you always know it's the last vote anyway.

The Exile Beach twist didn't really matter that much with those out of the main alliance not organised anyway. There was plenty of talk about it mattering a great deal but that felt scripted as it was repeated too often in what seemed an obvious attempt to build up tension. Funny that Sam called it Exile Island like it is in the US version. Normally it's only 1 or 2 people sent, and it's for more than a day, in some seasons even enabling someone to miss tribal. There's obviously less chance of someone at risk finding at idol if there's 3 others there watching them. And surely once they are all at the tribal they can talk about who to vote for anyway. They were shown separated on benches, so I don't know if they didn't speak or if that was edited out.

The host (did he have a cold, his voice seemed a little croaky) tried his best to point out the main alliance again to stir things.

I was hoping it was Sue or Matt going with the edit as given. After all there looked no hope of the main alliance getting broken up.

Matt - it was a sob story episode. I know you could say Nick got one the other day as well but Matt only seemed to be trying to excuse his floating in the game by saying he just wanted to be liked. Kind of sad seeing him meekly agree that they shouldn't look for the idol individually on Exile Beach.

Sue - she basically said she's happy to be sixth, looking to float along. 'If they've got the numbers then good on them' lol. Then one of the things that annoys me, when people go on about how they are some great example to people watching (often their children, or some cultural group). It's a game you don't have to prove you have some values that you think you represent.

JL - says she wants to make moves but nobody will help her. And then she votes out Kylie who apparently wanted to make moves.

The challenge was alright, though the last challenge with only 3 very large targets made it look like they didn't want it to last very long.

The use of music represented what I don't like when it's used badly in US programming. That's when it indicates a closure in advance by a big build up of sound. This was very annoying at the end of the challenge. Less so at the vote I guess as when there's a pause by the host you always know it's the last vote anyway.

The Exile Beach twist didn't really matter that much with those out of the main alliance not organised anyway. There was plenty of talk about it mattering a great deal but that felt scripted as it was repeated too often in what seemed an obvious attempt to build up tension. Funny that Sam called it Exile Island like it is in the US version. Normally it's only 1 or 2 people sent, and it's for more than a day, in some seasons even enabling someone to miss tribal. There's obviously less chance of someone at risk finding at idol if there's 3 others there watching them. And surely once they are all at the tribal they can talk about who to vote for anyway. They were shown separated on benches, so I don't know if they didn't speak or if that was edited out.

The host (did he have a cold, his voice seemed a little croaky) tried his best to point out the main alliance again to stir things.
I wondered if they had had a chance to speak. Didn't look like it from the footage but the real show isn't what's shown. I thought Mr P sounded croaky too.

Well, I heard that a little different, seems like a few of them felt Nick acted like a snake, trying to get in their heads, change what they were thinking, for good or bad is irrelevant.[DOUBLEPOST=1475483822][/DOUBLEPOST]Sob story alert!

Why not explode things at tribal if he knows he's going. They seemed to tell him beforehand he was going so they really got what they deserved there.

Surely the mean girls callously blindsiding Kylie should send signals to Matt, Lee, Jennah-Louise and Sam? Kylie was a good little soldier and proved unswayable, she was probably going to stick with them til the end... and that's what she gets? JL seems to be the only one who is going to fight. Sue at least knows they suck and is making decisions for her own reasons, however badly that will probably turn out.

Nick was also on their side (as nobody else would ally with him) and they got rid of him. So if nobody else will take on Brooke/El/Flick maybe they'll self-sabotage anyway.

With previews I don't watch them and don't want to hear about them. It's better that way anyway
a) you don't get spoiled if they say what will happen
b) you aren't annoyed if they misrepresent what will happen

On the gender aspect I think more of the men have probably tried to play the game, so they might actually be remembered more. Kate did as well, but most of the women have kind of floated along being buddies.

Back