Skip to main content

So...Back with "revised format"?

Don't get your hopes up for TEN. Biggest loser was just renewed yesterday. With I'm a celebrity renewed as well as Masterchef and apparently so is survivor being renewed for 2017 it looks very unlikely that TEN would be able to accomodate Big Brother. That is unless of course the use the daily shows on GO suggestion. But otherwise I'm no way confident Big Brother will be back.
To be fair, they're not talking about 2017 directly. Note the mention of CBB as an introductory series, which allows flexibility and reduced airtime, etc.

Yeah. I'm not saying I believe it either, but it's defintely logical and easily the most intellectual/realistic theory that's come from this whole conversation thus far.

Mildly excited, since it's alleged to be in a 'feasibility' phase. Plenty of stuff never gets far beyond that, or takes years to get up.

Fingers and all other things crossed, however. :woot: :speechless: :jawdrop: :nailbiting: :watching:

I wouldn't get excited - it smells like bullshit with the line about putting it on Netflix in a few countries. Unless TEN want to air the show in Botswana, it just makes the rest of the otherwise possible things seem a little fishy. There is just no way they'd be able to push it into countries like the UK.

I have refused to join and pay for Netflix because there is a definite lack of shows worth the cost. But, if they put BBAU on then I will gladly join and be willing to pay twice the current rate just to get my favorite show of all time back. As long as they carry it here in the US. I really love the Australian version and truly hate the US version.

Sorry to say that Big Brother is not coming back.

Two networks are known to be considering reviving the show locally - Seven and Ten. I can't speak for Seven and I need to be careful what I say about Ten.

* Beverly McGarvey is very interested bring BB back to Ten as a part of her plan to redefine Ten as the home of event television
* Internal discussions began back in July
* Australian Survivor will be back in 2017, BB is not contingent on Survivor's fate
* Ten feels there is room in the schedule for one more large-format RTV production (and has flexibility to scale back/reshuffle others to accommodate)
* Looking at multi-channel options (e.g. 'event' episodes on Ten, daily shows on Eleven)
* Based on analytics for Australian Survivor's performance on tenplay, are looking at day-in-date release for key intl markets through streaming services (e.g. Netflix) for BB and Survivor in 2017
* Celebrity Big Brother format would be used to drive audience buy-in ahead of civilian season
* Dreamworld compound is not in consideration - looking at other studio/backlot options (Fox Studios is favoured due to location and existing facilities)
* Currently has a small team (including key creatives) quietly working to determine feasibility
* An early concept is 'Homecoming' theme (with direct tie-in to Ten's planned 2017 'Welcome Home' brand campaign)

For what it is worth, I have heard something as well, but it is a bit sketchy and I have no clue as to which network may be behind it ... allegedly a casting agency based in either Vic/NSW whom works with Masterchef, is now also involved with either Big Brother or Celebrity Big Brother, and if not that not a show like Big Brother, which suggests a network is already looking at the casting element. What I don't know is if this 'source' is the same one which The Courier Mail used in a report last month about a possible BB reboot. The fact everything is hush hush leads me to believe it might be CBB as that would be easier to keep quiet (no need for public auditions and thus no need to start promoting a reboot as soon as would be required for a regular BB). With this said though it is all a bit wishy washy at the moment...

N.b. The Courier Mail article mentioned above is quoted on the front page, but you'll need to scroll past the plea for a live stream, if BB is to be rebooted ;).

For what it is worth, I have heard something as well, but it is a bit sketchy and I have no clue as to which network may be behind it ... allegedly a casting agency based in either Vic/NSW whom works with Masterchef, is now also involved with either Big Brother or Celebrity Big Brother, and if not that not a show like Big Brother, which suggests a network is already looking at the casting element. What I don't know is if this 'source' is the same one which The Courier Mail used in a report last month about a possible BB reboot. The fact everything is hush hush leads me to believe it might be CBB as that would be easier to keep quiet (no need for public auditions and thus no need to start promoting a reboot as soon as would be required for a regular BB). With this said though it is all a bit wishy washy at the moment...

N.b. The Courier Mail article mentioned above is quoted on the front page, but you'll need to scroll past the plea for a live stream, if BB is to be rebooted ;).
If it's CBB on Nine, prepare for The Block contestants and Tim Dormer!

I think so much depends on how I'm a Celebrity does next time out. I suspect Ten would rather grow Survivor as it is a more respected brand in Australia, and ultimately I don't think there would be room for both on the network - but they would want something similar (but different) to replace I'm a Celebrity should it be dropped.

Ultimately though I don't think Ten would want to make that choice until both the next series of I'm a Celeb and Survivor have aired, so that puts any Big Brother return to Ten back to 2019 probably, though perhaps room for a short celeb series in between Masterchef and Survivor.

I want a Big Brother Australia series so we can get new users here! More people to interact with who bring new perspectives to the show.
Get survivor fans to post here. Must be and way to do that.

Would that mean that BBB would need to be rechanged to "Behind the Box" like it was somewhere between 2008 - 2011 in the absence of Big Brother?
Yeah I have thought the same myself. Maybe if someone chips in and pays for the domain it'll happen, because I think the site is pretty much on life support. I could be wrong though.

Back