Skip to main content

So...Back with "revised format"?

Im a huge big brother fan and ive been watching big brother 2001 a lot and every nights. Went over board one time thinking i end up getting these pizza promos from big brother in relation to the fingers... pizza cut into finger sizes.. But then realise i was in 2016. ;) A big mistaken when i drove to the dominos. This is what i get from over watching big brother 2001 every nights.
@Kingston
:penguin::hilarious::rolleyes::yawn:

The show is most likely dead and not coming back.

Nine destroyed the public's perception of the show, and no-one else can revive the show again because Nine keep renewing their contract so they will always have first dibs on it in case they ever want to bring it back. Endemol don't care because they're getting paid regardless of whether something is being produced or not. Any sort of return is almost guaranteed to be short-lived, and on Nine.

I do have to agree with you on this and TBH, it's probably best if it stays away. No use beating a dead horse. The public's attitudes to the show have been bad ever since 2006's Turkey Slap Shitfest. I can't ever see that changing.

Well, at least it's not Home Free, which seems to be America's sappy, feel-good answer to The Block.
Although they do a house in an hour, not 4-5 nights a week over 3 months. Awful show though - the first series was interesting as every loser was surprised to find out they'd won the house they'd been working on, but clearly that isn't the sort of twist you can pull off for a second series.

Although they do a house in an hour, not 4-5 nights a week over 3 months. Awful show though - the first series was interesting as every loser was surprised to find out they'd won the house they'd been working on, but clearly that isn't the sort of twist you can pull off for a second series.
Not unless they were smart and filmed another one before the first one aired.

Sorry to say that Big Brother is not coming back.
Sorry to hear that. I know not everyone liked it but Tim Dorners season of Big Brother was my favorite show. Compared to the dull US version, that show was great.

Two networks are known to be considering reviving the show locally - Seven and Ten. I can't speak for Seven and I need to be careful what I say about Ten.

* Beverly McGarvey is very interested bring BB back to Ten as a part of her plan to redefine Ten as the home of event television
* Internal discussions began back in July
* Australian Survivor will be back in 2017, BB is not contingent on Survivor's fate
* Ten feels there is room in the schedule for one more large-format RTV production (and has flexibility to scale back/reshuffle others to accommodate)
* Looking at multi-channel options (e.g. 'event' episodes on Ten, daily shows on Eleven)
* Based on analytics for Australian Survivor's performance on tenplay, are looking at day-in-date release for key intl markets through streaming services (e.g. Netflix) for BB and Survivor in 2017
* Celebrity Big Brother format would be used to drive audience buy-in ahead of civilian season
* Dreamworld compound is not in consideration - looking at other studio/backlot options (Fox Studios is favoured due to location and existing facilities)
* Currently has a small team (including key creatives) quietly working to determine feasibility
* An early concept is 'Homecoming' theme (with direct tie-in to Ten's planned 2017 'Welcome Home' brand campaign)

Two networks are known to be considering reviving the show locally - Seven and Ten. I can't speak for Seven and I need to be careful what I say about Ten.

* Beverly McGarvey is very interested bring BB back to Ten as a part of her plan to redefine Ten as the home of event television
* Australian Survivor will be back in 2017, BB is not contingent on Survivor's fate
* Ten feels there is room in the schedule for one more large-format RTV production (and has flexibility to scale back/reshuffle others to accommodate)
* Looking at multi-channel options (e.g. 'event' episodes on Ten, daily shows on Eleven)
* Based on analytics for Australian Survivor's performance on tenplay, are looking at day-in-date release for key intl markets through streaming services (e.g. Netflix) for BB and Survivor in 2017
* Celebrity Big Brother format would be used to drive audience buy-in ahead of civilian season
* Dreamworld compound is not in consideration - looking at other studio/backlot options (Fox Studios is favoured due to location and existing facilities)
* Currently has a small team (including key creatives) quietly working to determine feasibility
* An early concept is 'Homecoming' theme (with direct tie-in to Ten's planned 2017 'Welcome Home' brand campaign)

Do you work for Ten?

Fuck. I don't know who you are but I'm not gonna lie, guys... this all sounds pretty bloody plausible. :eek: I actually almost believe you.

The only thing I keep thinking is... can't you get in trouble for putting this information out there, if it is real?

@marquisite

I wanna believe you, I reeeaaalllly do,

I'm just sick of all these "ITS COMING BACK LOL" posts turning up nothing.

Seemed believable until that line.

Countries that produce their own Big Brother series would not be happy to have a competing show of the exact same format (and using the same name) coming in - it is extremely unlikely that the contracts between Endemol and the country broadcasters would allow that to happen at all. I'd imagine there would be potential to get the format into USA/Canada under a different show title because they use a completely different show format, but that would be it.

Countries that don't produce their own version, like New Zealand, would probably be possible though.

Last edited:
Don't get your hopes up for TEN. Biggest loser was just renewed yesterday. With I'm a celebrity renewed as well as Masterchef and apparently so is survivor being renewed for 2017 it looks very unlikely that TEN would be able to accomodate Big Brother. That is unless of course the use the daily shows on GO suggestion. But otherwise I'm no way confident Big Brother will be back.

Back