Skip to main content

So...Back with "revised format"?

Maybe a revised format could indicate that they want to put it on even less then they did before? And even more heavily edited with mindless promotions to tv shows that no one cares about.

In that case i think we should lay it to rest.

The term "revised format" seems like some horrible form of doublespeak.

God I hope not. I've tried and failed a couple of times to get into the US format with no success. That being said I'd watch it only because I could follow along with you guys here.
Try the Canadian version - it's the US rules but with more of the ethos of Big Brother internationally.

Ultimately the show needs strong rules and although US has never hit the highs of many international versions, it's strong core format means it's never really hit the lows either. It's biggest issue isn't so much the format, it's that they recycle so much from year to year. When it works it's great - when it doesn't it isn't.

There are hybrid versions which retain a public vote and of course the Head of House wouldn't be a new concept to BB Australia either - ever since BB05 the series has seen competitions used to give one housemate some influence over nominations. The most successful version of BB in the world is Brazil, which has the HoH nominate one person, HMs nominate a second and viewers evict. BBUSA has even experimented with a public vote by having the HoH nominate two people and viewers nominate a third - and if that was adopted in Australia you could then add an eviction vote where viewers save one of the three nominees and HGs then evict. That IMO is the best of both worlds, and I'm sure producers would like having two public votes a week rather than one too.

I'm sure producers would like having two public votes a week rather than one too.

Two public votes? Are you kidding me? Also the way you've suggested implementing them is completely ludicrous... You want the public to nominate a third nominee and then have them vote again to save one of the nominees? You're either expecting that the public to vote to nominate someone and then vote again to save that very person or you're guaranteeing at least one of the two people the HoH nominates is saved... It just doesn't make sense... It's laughable...

The most practical and simplistic way of implementing a public vote would be to have the public vote act as a veto power of sorts... There are a number of ways this can be implemented but only a single public vote is necessary...

Last edited:
Yeah. Kingston, for once, has something. The HOH nominates three nominees, the public saves one of them, and the HMs evict one of the remaining two.

This is Nine we are talking about, so it would designed to generate the most revenue as possible (which is why BB2014 had so many fucking nominees). So I'd be expecting something like a return to the original BB08 system where the public nominates, house evicts.

tumblr_n5qrveeb211ta738no1_400.gif

Id prefer for the HOH to nominate to housemates for eviction and then the public vote them out. I'm happy to see the nomination process change but I'd hate for Australia to adapt the US eviction format. It would honestly destroy the show as a whole if they did to me to be honest.

Two public votes? Are you kidding me? Also the way you've suggested implementing them is completely ludicrous... You want the public to nominate a third nominee and then have them vote again to save one of the nominees? You're either expecting that the public to vote to nominate someone and then vote again to save that very person or you're guaranteeing at least one of the two people the HoH nominates is saved... It just doesn't make sense... It's laughable...

The most practical and simplistic way of implementing a public vote would be to have the public vote act as a veto power of sorts... There are a number of ways this can be implemented but only a single public vote is necessary...
Australia have had votes to save and vote to evict working side by side again. It does somewhat rely on viewers voting strategically rather than solely on popularity, but no reason at all why having two votes, at different points in the week, could work. Big Brother often has divisive figures too who in a vote to nominate would top a vote but would also top a vote to save too. I just think it's a bit more interesting way to combine viewers and HGs voting than to have a straight forward split, but accept it might not be the simplest way to introduce a hybrid format to Australia.

However they do it though it just has to be consistent - changing the rules every week just doesn't work.

Id prefer for the HOH to nominate to housemates for eviction and then the public vote them out. I'm happy to see the nomination process change but I'd hate for Australia to adapt the US eviction format. It would honestly destroy the show as a whole if they did to me to be honest.
I do think the housemates have to have their say at some point in the weeks proceedings though, and not just through competing for power. Australia also has a system of it's own it could do more with - the points system. I think it would work quite well having a weekly competition to determine how many points HMs have to nominate with, with the winner getting the equivalent points for the number of housemates and the loser getting just one point.

And to be fair to Channel 9 briefly the Superpower was a good introduction to the series - a way to vary it up each week but with a consistent thread throughout.

How about this:

HOH Challenge: On Sunday night, after evictions and Sonia has had a chance to interview the evictee, there's a live Head of Household challenge (hosted by Leon as Big Brother, naturally). The winner of that challenge becomes the Head of Household, cannot be nominated, and gets the Nomination Superpower and the key to the HOH Bedroom (which is far nicer than the rest of the house).

Nominations: On Monday night, the housemates nominate. Every Housemate gets five points to nominate with, that must be split among two HMs (4/1, 3/2). The HOH has the biggest advantage of all, not being eligible for nomination. The two HMs (or more, depending on ties) with the most points are put up for eviction. Lines do not open yet.

Power of Veto Challenge: On Wednesday (either live or during the recap show), the Power of Veto challenge is played. The contestants are the HOH, the two nominees, and three HMs chosen at random by Big Brother. The winner of that challenge can either save one of the nominees or keep nominations the same. If the nominations are changed, the HOH has the responsibility of naming the replacement nominee. If a nominee wins the POV, he/she always has the option to use it or keep noms the same. Regular POV rules apply. After the POV meeting is adjourned, lines open for "vote to save".

Evictions: The nominee with the lowest percentage of votes to save is evicted.

How about this:

HOH Challenge: On Sunday night, after evictions and Sonia has had a chance to interview the evictee, there's a live Head of Household challenge (hosted by Leon as Big Brother, naturally). The winner of that challenge becomes the Head of Household, cannot be nominated, and gets the Nomination Superpower and the key to the HOH Bedroom (which is far nicer than the rest of the house).

Nominations: On Monday night, the housemates nominate. Every Housemate gets five points to nominate with, that must be split among two HMs (4/1, 3/2). The HOH has the biggest advantage of all, not being eligible for nomination. The two HMs (or more, depending on ties) with the most points are put up for eviction. Lines do not open yet.

Power of Veto Challenge: On Wednesday (either live or during the recap show), the Power of Veto challenge is played. The contestants are the HOH, the two nominees, and three HMs chosen at random by Big Brother. The winner of that challenge can either save one of the nominees or keep nominations the same. If the nominations are changed, the HOH has the responsibility of naming the replacement nominee. If a nominee wins the POV, he/she always has the option to use it or keep noms the same. Regular POV rules apply. After the POV meeting is adjourned, lines open for "vote to save".

Evictions: The nominee with the lowest percentage of votes to save is evicted.

That idea I like. The original format stays however it brings some of the US stuff into it without destroying the Australian system. I like it

I have a revised format for BB:

Stick the MarriedAFS couples into the BB for their honeymoon,
make it 6 couples into two tribes of 6 each. add survivor type challenges
in the kitchen - having to reproduce masterchef meals, for immunity.
each week one couple is voted out. winning couple get first pick of units
on the next block. all couples choosing to divorce go to apprentice
where they battle each other in opposing teams.

I have a revised format for BB:

Stick the MarriedAFS couples into the BB for their honeymoon,
make it 6 couples into two tribes of 6 each. add survivor type challenges
in the kitchen - having to reproduce masterchef meals, for immunity.
each week one couple is voted out. winning couple get first pick of units
on the next block. all couples choosing to divorce go to apprentice
where they battle each other in opposing teams.

Pure genius! You should be a reality tv show controller ideas person.

The thing I don't like about BBUS is the lack of involvement from the public which is a fundamental aspect of the original format.

They have been gradually bringing that back in the US version.

I have started to have more doubts about the US one, the level of pettiness behind the gameplay can be quite annoying. Also people suck up to the HoH and just vote as they are told.

Theres a lot going for the HoH versions of BBUS, but notice they too feel the need
to constantly "switch things up" and add "twists" as everyone kinda knows already
what to expect.. by now superfans of BBUS are the ones entering the game, alongside
'returners', both study previous seasons.
que Julie Chen: 'expect the unexpected'.
In the BBUS the feeling is more that of a scripted game and players, rather than the
actual BB format which is put people inside and let them do whatever to keep
themselves in. Sorry if I offend but this may be due to heavy competition on the
18-30 demo's and.. attention span of the viewers who need "nonstop action".
The US version will almost never show a conversation longer than 2 minutes,
and only if it has some strategy talk in it. We know very little of the back stories
of the players and we dont get "round" characters, we only get to see their
"game face" personalities and attitudes towards voting/hoh/alliances.

i have seen a few episodes of that bb us show. i thought that most of the psychological drama there was forced. i like it to occur organically.

The US version is formulaic but they now use that to their advantage with returning features. It's also what has ultimately made it last so long - it doesn't take the risks that other versions have, so although it hasn't got the high rewards it hasn't bombed either. It's one of the most popular summer shows on the US networks - think all 3 episodes are usually in the top 10 now, and that hasn't always been the case.

One thing though I will really credit BBUSA for is their engagement with the fan community - they actively provide pre-season content and give the bigger fansites access to contestants pre-season, post-eviction and post-finale. And as criticised as Alison Grodner has been at times she's always given interviews about her role and been quite honest about what works and doesn't. Sadly with BBUK now there is more chance of finding life on Mars than getting a comment from an executive producer.

BIG BROTHER will indeed return. Think like this in a oddly way. Living on earth is usually between 30 to 70 years for now for many of us. We will aventually see big brother at some stage or another. Then we have planet earth that will be around for the next half the 42million years from now until Andromedia galaxy impact our milky way. So thinking outside the sqaure box can show you a indication of that there will be (plenty more of big brother shows with the on and off sequences over the next now and the next 23 millon years.. When big brother arrives it may not be around for ever it will come and go. But when big brother goes again in the near future.. Big brother show will aventually keep coming back one day aventually. We do things on television we need fundamental and we need great ideas. But we cant just invent something and make it. But always brining the good old ideas back to television every now and then. Until the television dies some day.

So clearing this up. Big brother will return and it will return to network ten. That's channel 10 for these who are not living in australia and didn't no what the network would meant. So clearing that how big brother show will return and yes plenty more like ive mention above. Big brother is more then 99% likely to return in 2018. It will not return in 2017 because not only its too late but because usually before big brother begins there are project been leaked around in (advance) before many people usually finds out online and out there.

But in 2017 channel 10 will be making these special promotions. However you will NOT see the big brother promotion on this new years eve. But you will see the new Big brother promotion during that 12 midnight 31st of december where they show (all new programes for 2018) So this means you will see this in 2017 on 31 of december. But then again behind big brother would had found out well before hand here on this website. So from there in 2018 big brother begins the show and it will usually begin around late march or early april if not late april 2018.

Meanwhile channel ten would and will promote a quick sequences of (promoting big brother) looking for new housemates... they will announce dates and states thru 2017. This is not a big brother promo but more of (big brother is comming soon) but its more of get into big brother to become a housemate. So they will announce this every now and then usually it will more then likely to happen middle to late 2017 around August and onwards until they go around state to state to find the best people for the new big brother show.

Channel ten (10) will not say when big brother is going to be on. But this is ONLY a promotion to get involved. It will be pretty much a quick simple promotion in regards to get into it for (fans) who may be keen to become a housemate.

Usually this is how it usually went before big brother show started within months.

Once big brother may or yet not find the right people to become big brother show.... they will lock it in with a few backups as well. Then big brother will then PROMOTE the very new Big brother come back to ten (10) usually you will begin to see this by the end of the year when they promote the big promos on tv where they show all the new shows for 2018 and news and dramas and reality shows and so on.

You will see this as a suprise quick big brother is comming soon in 2018 its what the promotion would more then likely to look like along with new dramas for 2018 and other intertainment things. Also new intertainment shows will show up as well one of these will almost be like that old show called (It's a knocked out) where participants in colour has to win to archive mainly pool competition games and ropes and slimery little fun things.

So for now we just have to simply WAIT until 2018. It is more then likely that this will happen and only returning back to channel ten.

What i do not no is... that i dont no who the presenter of the show will be but it is also more likely Mike Goldman will be doing the daily shows voice over each weeknights. But the presenter male/female are yet to be confirm as i would not no. But it would be a nice suprise if gretall shows up. But also it will not be Jacki O and the other imbread person... These will not be on as presenters by all means ratings went down bucketing lows.. So that wont even happen thank god.

But there you go we just have to wait for 2018.
But think of it that in 2017 middle to mid late 2017 they will begin quick promos for these wanting to get involved state to state to become a lucky big brother house mate.

However also take note. Big brother show will be on the usuall same spot. Its not like big brother show must go else where. And just because there no trees around doesnt mean there going to built houses, We live in a big continent plenty bloody land else where. Plus houses are not apropiate to be very close to a *theme park* due to noice or any risk involves. Specially when Dreamworld promoting fireworks special nights and so on. And that can not be done if there are homes been built right next to the theme park. Take note it is MORE then likely Dreamworld theme park is expanding in that area of landscape. A asian company brought the whole dreamworld some years ago. They can and will expand dreamworld as you are always aware our theme parks in queensland is not huge nor anything like america at all as in sizes.

So hate me all you like but what i say and believes is what will happen. When this happens you will ALL KNOW who i am and why after all i was completely correct with the statement and made true guilt by not believing me after all. Just hope people who are a huge fan of big brother will completely understand this and you will get to see big brother return in 2018.

Thank you
The show is most likely dead and not coming back.

Nine destroyed the public's perception of the show, and no-one else can revive the show again because Nine keep renewing their contract so they will always have first dibs on it in case they ever want to bring it back. Endemol don't care because they're getting paid regardless of whether something is being produced or not. Any sort of return is almost guaranteed to be short-lived, and on Nine.

Back