Skip to main content

BBUK 2016 - Series discussion

So Marco and Emma & Victoria clearly know each other, and so do Alex and Sam... Hopefully only through auditions and they don't know each other in real life.

A few lol moments so far though, like forgetting to get an Other to remove their mask. And accidentally closing the door to the Other House on Emma.

oaR5M5J.png

lol.

Also - Jason correctly predicting the twist before even entering the house. lol.

So Marco and Emma & Victoria clearly know each other, and so do Alex and Sam... Hopefully only through auditions and they don't know each other in real life.
You think any of them actually auditioned. Almost all of them have appeared on other reality shows, mainly from MTV (who have the same owners as C5) and a couple from showed on E4. Based on their criteria for Celebrity Big Brother, which has included people from US reality shows that have never aired in the UK, most of them could be on Celeb BB.

It's no secret I'm no fan of what C5 have done with BBUK and they've done nothing tonight to convince me that this series will be any different - "The Others" is clearly a devise to allow even more producer manipulation. You can be sure that within a few weeks the producers will have created a twist which moves all their favourites to the main house and the rest to the Other House for a mass eviction.

However must say the outdoor set is amazing - really does look great. I really like the main house design as well and the diary room chair is the best they've ever had. I was rather underwhelmed though by the new house - seemed pretty generic to me compared to the very design heavy houses we're used too.

You think any of them actually auditioned. Almost all of them have appeared on other reality shows, mainly from MTV (who have the same owners as C5) and a couple from showed on E4. Based on their criteria for Celebrity Big Brother, which has included people from US reality shows that have never aired in the UK, most of them could be on Celeb BB.
I wouldn't know... those shows are all complete crap. So really they're still complete nobodies. Even though they themselves would think otherwise.

I know this question gets asked every series but I need to ask to it... :rolleyes:
Does anybody know where I can watch it? :angelic:

My previous source kind-of died! :unsure:

Chelsea seemed out of place as a housemate to me for some reason, which then got me thinking that he is only there because of one of the "other" housemates. I've now convinced myself that he is a former client/lover of Natalie Rowe. The fact that they're of a similar age and from the same town of Chelsea, and that he appears to be one of the "rich" high flyers who apparently made up her clientele only convinces me more. The George Osborne thing might be enough of a story though, so it might not be true, but I'm convinced it is until they tell us more.

Besides that, it's good I didn't get my hopes up too high, because this was a pretty standard C5 BB launch and cast to me - models, ex-reality stars, sons of famous chefs, one-time media pariahs, etc. After attempting a "normal" BB last year, failing and then trying to reset the whole thing, they have double-dosed on their original formula for maximum conflict generation. After years of eroding long-term viewers, and cultivating a new audience with shorter attention spans, Channel 5 BB actually needs these maladjusted, borderline psychotic semi-celebrities to ensure maximum buzz from day 1.

They've even built the "4 in 4 out" twist into the format this time, so it seems like less of a shitshow when they swap out the under-performing housemates. I guess I should thank them for at least being decent enough to try making their manipulation feel less outrageously blatant.

No favourites yet. Andy seemed the most sane of the bunch, and I'd support the fellow Aussie, but she seemed like an obnoxious bitch - hopefully she'll end up being the good type of obnoxious bitch. Anyway... in spite of everything, the first few weeks of C5 BB are usually quite fun to watch, so hopefully we'll be entertained for at least a month before it inevitably devolves into something unwatchable.

few things:
- the set looks cool
- the house looks pretty good, love the backyard
- the entrance to the other house was pretty cool with the moving screen and i liked the staircase, but bullshit that no one knows about it
- yay theres an aussie in there!
- i hate the live bits that they do on bbuk, its always just a bunch of screaming rushing housemates
- honestly doesnt appear like much as changed

I'm a bit confused.

Are these housemates minor celebrities and this is a cheap celebrity show or are they just housemates??

Anyway to early to form a legitimate view of anybody but geez the poms can roll out some cheap looking slappers and up themselves blokes.

i hate the VTs on BBUK.
i cant judge the characters because they manipulate and edit them to make them seem so controversial.
the fact that they were so similar to previous seasons suggests that not much has changed behind the scenes

The consensus over here in the UK after the launch is that it appears these housemates did not audition but where actually scouted out by the producers since nearly half of them have done other t.v shows or have been in the tabloids. There's no normal housemates, with normal jobs etc like how big brother use to be. Its basically Z list big brother. I'm guessing this was because we had normal housemates last year and the producers hated it.

Marco- The son of chef Marco Pierce White who was recently in the papers because his mum physically attacked him and kicked him in the groin.

Andy- Was a pretty well known journalist, who was currently in the papers for getting fired over standing up to a homophobic boxer.

Georgina - Appeared on a channel 4 reality show called Taking New York

Alex- Is the "eye candy" on a show called Judge Gerodie on MTV hosted by his friend Vicky Pattersion (winner of the last I'm a celebrity)

Lateysha- Probably the most well known over here. She was on a very popular show called "The valleys" on MTV, she has 250,000 twitter followers.

Laura- Was a on a show called Young free and single, she was also in the papers for allegedly having a 3sum with Justin Beiber.

The twins- Appeared on some dating tv show, theres so many these days I forget what its called.

The others-

Jayne - Was in the papers claiming to have had an affair with footballer John Terry

Natalie- Was currently in the papers for apparently taking drugs with a high up politician George Osbourne

Ryan- Was on the X factor last year, he is know for making it to boot camp but decided to get drunk instead of learning the lyrics to his song, he turned up the next day with a hangover and not knowing the words.

Andrew- Apprently he is a semi pro kicker boxer or something

i hate the VTs on BBUK.
i cant judge the characters because they manipulate and edit them to make them seem so controversial.
the fact that they were so similar to previous seasons suggests that not much has changed behind the scenes

...I so agree with this huwman... they are always such bullshit aren't they?... cheers.

Chelsea seemed out of place as a housemate to me for some reason.

Dude. Take Dexter Koh and move his nationality a little bit westward and you have Chelsea.

Dexter has just become a casting archetype, I think.

Reactions: koo
Back