Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada 2016: featuring Tim Dormer, Nikki Grahame and some Canadians

To me, production wanted the Bros to make the final no mater what.

Everything was handed to them on a platter.

Several times during the series, Tim said he wouldn't mind the Bros winning.

Regarding Tim's girlfriend, why am I thinking it's Jade. (could be he said a few times when he & Jade went out, she said something like tell them we aren't a couple)

Also she went to America around the time Tim went to Canada & she came back to Aus around the time the Finale was.

IMO: Let this rumour spread.

In a race between the brothers, Tim and Kelsey, who finally won Big Brother Canada 4? Hear from the final four

Part 1

Nick & Phil

Q: Congratulations! How do you feel?

PP: Oh my god, pretty amazing. This has been the highlight of my life, it’s so surreal.

Q: Let’s talk about eviction night and your final game play this week with Kelsey. Did you feel confident you were going to win, or did it feel it could go either way?

PP: We felt pretty confident. I knew Kelsey had a lot of friends, especially Jared and Raul, but we were responsible for a lot of evictions and we won a lot of competitions.

NP: When we heard them laying down their votes, we thought it could have gone either way.

Q: You were both pretty verbal about not wanting a non-Canadian to win the season. Why?

PP: When we said we don’t want an international in the final two, it was for the game and because it’s Big Brother Canada. But we all worked so hard to be here.

NP: Any one of us deserved to win in that house.

Q: How did you feel about Tim’s game play and the moment he dropped out of the HoH competition?

PP: We knew he was playing for himself, and we were going to do the dirty work if no one wanted to say anything and point it out.

NP: He had an epiphany at that moment. He plays for himself and wanted to take a stand. He played his own game and he was done.

PP: He said from the beginning that homework would be the reason he would eventually lose, so we saw it coming.

NP: I knew every date down pat, I studied all season. We had a great bond with Kelsey, too, so we knew that would help us in the end.

PP: I didn’t study so much, but, you know.

Q: You received a fair number of curt comments from the jury members as they placed their votes for you. A lot of them suggested you got here from luck.

NP: When Mitch placed his vote and called it “dumb luck,” I mean, we do like to gamble, but it wasn’t a gamble based on how things went. So he can say that.

PP: They can say whatever they want; we know they’re all happy for us, their families were so happy for us last night. None of it matters now.

Q: Through much of the season, you both appeared to float to the end, hanging on to whatever alliance was in reign at the time. Is that fair to say?

PP: I went into this game knowing that committing to any alliance could be your biggest downfall, because the second you commit, your enemies can become an issue. It’s about building good relationships.

NP: It’s hard in the house being two people and having targets on your back for that. Everyone wants your head on the block, so when Canada threw us the HoH, we woke up, and then people came to us.

Q: Phil, you’ve insisted you never lied this season. But there was that one particular fight at the dinner table with Tim and Cassandra in recent weeks when they attempted to inform Kelsey that you had said you wanted to work with them. You denied it, and got pretty vicious, yelling obscenities at Cassandra. Where did that come from?

PP: That came from a conversation in the pink room. Cassandra thought I wanted to be in an alliance with them. I did want to be cool with them, but not be in an alliance. She stretched the truth, I stretched the truth…

NP: Cassandra took the information she had and pulled it her way and Phil pulled it his way and we came out on top.

PP: And I didn’t want to be in an alliance with them, anyway!

Q: Tell me about the moment you decided to self-evict. It’s likely been the most talked about moment this season. Was that something you really wanted to do in the moment? Why?

NP: At that time, I didn’t know about the Threekshow. I loved Kelsey, and I thought Joel was there for me. I didn’t want to see them go before myself based on an error in my game. It was out of loyalty. When Kelsey said no, we can’t do that, I felt like I had to change my mind.

Q: Nick, Maddy was in your corner and your bed early on, but recently made it a point to let the world know she was not rooting for you but then also voted for you. What happened there?

NP: I was using Maddy in a game sense. She was close with Dallas, and I was trying to maintain a level of friendship and tried to stay close.

Q: Phil, how much of the Kelsey flirtation was strategy and just pure crushing?

PP: We’re all friends; we all got really close, we all cuddled. It’s weird; I’m like her little brother now.

NP: It’s a state of heightened emotions being in that house; you need a shoulder to lean on.

Q: What was the toughest part of the last few months?

NP: Trying to come to terms with Cassandra wanting us on the block. It felt personal, and that’s when we realized we were lone rangers.

PP: Trusting my gut was a huge thing. … My mind sometimes had other plans, so learning to balance gut and mind was a big one for me.

Q: What advice can the two of you give to future Big Brother contestants?

PP: Make real relationships and take it slow.

NP: Take it slow, because everyone who gamed hard early were evicted. Take your time.

Kelsey

Q: Congratulations on your second place win. What was finale night like for you?

KF: It was a really crazy night, and so incredibly stressful. The amount of pressure was huge, but it was a big moment and I’m really happy with how things went down, for myself and for the brothers.

Q: What was this final week like, and how do you feel about the moment when Tim gave up the HoH competition to you?

KF: Those last comps were really stressful for me. I had been in the house for so long, and it all came down to these competitions. It got to my head, and I had a mental breakdown on public television. … When Tim gave up, it didn’t feel good at the time, but what was an unlucky moment for him became a lucky one for me, and I realized you do what you can to make it to the end. I felt good.

Q: Did you consider it being more strategic to take Tim with you over the brothers, seeing as how he had won fewer competitions and had a target on his head for previously winning a season and not being Canadian?

KF: It wasn’t so much strategy for me. The brothers and I worked so closely, and we helped each other. I wanted to give them the opportunity, because I also felt confident in my game. Tim played his own game and the fact that he was an international player wouldn’t have gotten in his way in the end, I felt.

Q: How do you feel about the brothers’ game play this season?

KF: I think people saw them being brothers as a disadvantage, but as someone with a sister, I knew how it could be an advantage. I did feel like they slipped under the radar, and me and my alliance were a big part of that. Everyone was scared of us, so they were sneaking by. They played a good game and kept winning, which is huge.

Q: You got a lot of flack for allying with Jared in a showmance and then flirting with the brothers. Nick even commented during the HoH competition “you’re still the prettiest contestant in the house.”

KF: A little bit, I definitely did. It was really hard in the house. There was ongoing girl drama that I couldn’t seem to squash, and for just being who I was. With Jared, we had a connection that was so real and true. We just needed each other in the house from a mental standpoint. The brothers were the same. You’re with the same people all the time, all you have is each other, so you create relationships you wouldn’t otherwise.

Q: Women were shown the door early on in the game, one after another, often by fellow female players. Why?

KF: I did find that true and I wasn’t expecting it. I get along great with guys , they’re awesome, but I feel the same way about women. I loved Loveita coming in and felt like we could have played together, so I was shocked when she put me up. I felt the same way when Maddy put me up, because I planned to work with her, and then again with Cass. She didn’t seem to want to stay on my side, and she didn’t vote for me.

Q: You and Cassandra seemed to ally later in the season, but then flip-flopped.

KF: I always knew I could trust her. She could play a different game than me, act and pretend, and I couldn’t do it. You can either fear this person or use them for their skills, and she was a girl in the house and not all the girls were so nice, so it was nice to have a relationship with her.

Q: Do you and Jared plan to take your showmance outside the house?

KF: Oh my god, I missed him so much. We finally reunited last night, and it was awesome. I really needed him, and he really needed me. That was a great relationship. We’re going to the wrap party tonight, and we’ll stay in contact. I’ll just have to see what happens.

Part 2

Tim

Q: How does it feel to have made it to the top three?

TD: Oh my god, it feels amazing! I can’t believe I got this far, I honestly never expected any of this, it’s all so crazy.

Q: Run me through this last week and the moment you decided to give up in the HoH competition. You told Arisa you wanted one of the other houseguests to feel what it’s like to win.

TD: Oh god, I know. It was a constant tension in my own head: do I actually want to win? What does it mean to win? I didn’t know how to play and everyone said this is how, you make an alliance, lie, slander, and on top of it all, win competitions.

That’s not the game I came from. I tried it and held back on manipulating, which I could’ve done more of but it didn’t feel true to me. I was allies with Cassandra and Joel and I believed in us, I believed in being outsiders and being strong. We changed things in the game, but we also fell apart when Joel decided to take a better deal, which made me doubt everything.

I should’ve played my own game and have taken fate into my own hands. But do I actually want to win? Literally, in that moment, I was thinking that. I had already done this and achieved what I wanted. It was never my dream to win Big Brother Canada. I was invited, I played alongside people whose dream it was and they wanted it more than me. I didn’t want to take it away.

Q: Will you ever do Big Brother again, for a third time?

TD: (laughs) It’s like a drug! How do you say no? I’ll always chase that first high of winning Big Brother Australia, so of course, I would do it again. But could you beat doing it in another place? I don’t know, it’s all been such a crazy experience. If there were a Big Brother World, I would. Oh my god, if there were a Big Brother Universe, I would, and we could play in space!

Q: You and Cassandra had a super tight bond all season. Considering you let the ball drop in the HoH comp this week, do you regret not dropping out earlier for her?

TD: God, I know. I did think about that. … Yes, Cassandra and I had a very tight bond. We were so strong, and we worked better together than separate. On a friendship level, she was the first one who took me in, and said, ‘I’m weird, too, let’s be weird together.’ She’s such a misfit, and at the end of the day, it came down to do I give up my place to someone whose game play I don’t agree with? Because I didn’t agree with her lies, and I couldn’t always trust her.

Walking away would mean that I supported her. I know it’s confusing, but I did what Tim wanted to do right now. Cassandra could’ve won the game if she went all the way, but am I the reason she didn’t? No, that would’ve happened anyway.

Q: Was your relationship ever a romantic one?

TD: She’s a very attractive girl, and on paper, everything I want in a woman. I met her and I thought, I can’t handle this! She’s not someone I can trust, and I have to look after my own heart. We’ll be friends in the outside world, and we will be a duo forever. But, you know Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie? Mr. and Mrs. Smith? That’s us, we would kill each other.

Cassandra

Q: What was this last week like for you, particularly that last PoV that sent you packing?

CS: It’s surreal to be outside, and just talk to and see other people. It’s so weird. But oh man, yes, it was a major punch to the gut. The boys were beasts, and you know what, Nick is just so quick. He had been studying a lot, so it happens, it was fate.

Q: As one of the more underestimated players in Big Brother Canada history, would you say it makes a big difference to go into this game with prior Big Brother knowledge?

CS: No, you know what, not necessarily. Last season’s winner, Jon, wasn’t a superfan and he won the game. You learn as you go through it, and some people do better than others no matter how much they know going in.

I was always thinking at all times, always thinking what I can do next. People either love me or hate me, but I found those who had common interests … and I made it work.

Q: The Threekshow was an impressively tight alliance for a very long time. How did you keep so close for so long?

CS: I had 100 per cent trust in both of those boys, and they each felt they would take me to the end. They were such great friends as well, and I had total loyalty for them. We were a great alliance, we always had the voting majority and the other unbreakable bond’s mistake was being so known. We always stayed a secret and that’s where we excelled.

Q: The day you took Tim off the block with your PoV win was a big moment. Did you ever plan to side with the brothers and not save Tim?

CS: Oh my god, I loved that day so much! I mean, I thought about it for a split second, but not really. I always knew I would use it on Tim, and even though I knew Joel was 100 per cent loyal to me, I had to secure it for myself. And I had lied to them before, telling them what they wanted to hear and they still continued to believe me. Why change that now?

There’s nothing wrong with lying in the house and anyone who watches the show knows the best players have lied in the game. I even asked the brothers on finale night the best lie they told and they couldn’t answer me.

Q: Your bond with Tim has been airtight. How did that come about and do you see it going on outside the house? Was there ever any romance to it?

CS: We are 100 per cent friends, I call him my little brother. That really annoys him. (cackles) When he came into the house, it was day seven. I remember thinking, ‘who am I going to work with?’ I wanted to have total trust in someone, and he was so great, so fun, and we had a lot in common, we connected in so many ways. I couldn’t have played with anyone else.

Q: How did you feel finding out yesterday that Tim essentially gave up in the HoH competition?

CS: I knew he didn’t know any of the facts, he didn’t study anything. So I expected it, I was so upset; it was the final three, if only he had studied.

I wanted Tim to win, he would’ve had everyone’s votes. So when it came time to vote, it was a rock and a hard place. I don’t think the brothers deserved to win, but Kelsey played a very personal game, and the brothers played a slightly more strategic one. Oh well.

http://news.nationalpost.com/arts/t...who-finally-won-big-brother-canada-4#philnick

We now know why Tim didn't give up his spot for Cass.

I was a bit dissapointed with that to be honest - usually the first part of the final HoH comp are endurance based which can go on for hours until the other two give up - this was just a race.

Loved the "hologram" of Arisa though for the third party.
I think it was sorta endurance, because Phil said he had to run the thing with 150 times

It was all about who could do it the quickest though rather than who had the willpower to hold on - or convince the others to quit.

If Tim does make it to final 2, the only reason he won't win will be because of a bitter jury. At the end of the day, it's a game & jury members should respect the game. If they vote with bitter feelings (I'm looking at Maddy!) then they haven't really played their part in the game fairly. Tim played the better game. Hands down. He may not have won a lot of comps, however, it is just as, if not more, important to play a brilliant social game. Phick said they wanted a Canadian to win... when was that, 2, 3 weeks ago? and yet Tim is still there. Bad bad game move on Phicks part, especially seeing as though they've been in power the most over the last 3 weeks.

But there aren't any regulations or rules as to how the jury has to vote. If you make the jury, you get to cast your vote based on whatever the fuck you want. That's the whole essence of Big Brother and Survivor and any reality TV show of that format. You can be bitter, you can vote for who you think played the best game, you can vote for who was easier to live with, you can vote however you like. Bitter juries are perfectly fair.

Anyway, awful ending with the brothers winning but thank goodness Tim didn't win.

wouldnt put it past Tim to be faking the love interest back in Australia so that when he arrives back here it drums up interest in him ... first photos etc
he knows what creates a story ...

havent bothered watching the 2nd part of the finale ... once I knew who won I lost all interest ... my fav was Cassandra ... once she was gone I believed Tim was the next most deserving left there ....

the only interest I then had was to see Tim throw in the towel in the HOH comp and how that came about. He knew he wouldnt be taken by either the Bros or Kelsey to final 2 ... they surely couldnt win standing up against him

he is always going to spin his version of things ... thats the entertainment value I guess ... good luck to him over there ... from comments Ive seen the public werent impressed by him giving up like that

But there aren't any regulations or rules as to how the jury has to vote. If you make the jury, you get to cast your vote based on whatever the fuck you want. That's the whole essence of Big Brother and Survivor and any reality TV show of that format. You can be bitter, you can vote for who you think played the best game, you can vote for who was easier to live with, you can vote however you like. Bitter juries are perfectly fair.

Anyway, awful ending with the brothers winning but thank goodness Tim didn't win.

I know there aren't any rules or regulations in regards to jury voting... but that's my opinion.

However throughout reality history, bitter jurors aren't very well respected at all.

You were right I think! Saw an interview Tim did where he pretty much said he bowed out. To me it seemed almost like he didn't want to 'win' hoh, he thought the person who did would take him along. And then it'd be poetic beating them. That's the feeling I got anyway. He said stuff like he could see how much they wanted it blah blah but I felt that was a front. If it is true I'd be pissed if I was Cass.

I still think it seems fishy. Lots of posts on Reality Addicts facebook page saying similar.

I know there aren't any rules or regulations in regards to jury voting... but that's my opinion.

However throughout reality history, bitter jurors aren't very well respected at all.

But the jury isn't something that exists going into the game, it's created and altered after each week. If you did something to piss off the jury and they're bitter, the blame lies with you. Jury management is key.

wouldnt put it past Tim to be faking the love interest back in Australia so that when he arrives back here it drums up interest in him ... first photos etc
he knows what creates a story ...

havent bothered watching the 2nd part of the finale ... once I knew who won I lost all interest ... my fav was Cassandra ... once she was gone I believed Tim was the next most deserving left there ....

the only interest I then had was to see Tim throw in the towel in the HOH comp and how that came about. He knew he wouldnt be taken by either the Bros or Kelsey to final 2 ... they surely couldnt win standing up against him

he is always going to spin his version of things ... thats the entertainment value I guess ... good luck to him over there ... from comments Ive seen the public werent impressed by him giving up like that
I'd recommend finishing because watching the jury questions was quite funny

Pretty dumb to give up on a series an hour from the end because your favourite didn't win. It's well worth the watch - and even if you're just in it for Nikki and Tim they actually both get best bits segments, something they've never done for other houseguests in Canada.

And although it wasn't my winner of choice I did enjoy the reaction of the winner - they seemed genuinely surprised.

I read it all and of course I'm not gonna take it as 100% fact but kinda interesting.
I refuse to believe that britnee is rude it just doesn't work in my mind

I know right. It just doesn't sound like the Britnee I watched on Big Brother! I loved Britnee. Yeah I'd take it with a pinch of salt too.

Back