Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada 2016: featuring Tim Dormer, Nikki Grahame and some Canadians

On another note - this makes me realise how much we missed in BBAUS not having live feeds.

In this show Tim is obviously not Production's favourite because in the shows they've edited out all his excellent social game, and how he convinces pretty much everyone around to his way of thinking. All the fun moments we see on the live feeds where pretty much Tim steals the show. Thankfully people have seen feeds and can see how things truly are (minus some Facebook morons of course).

If editing can do that over there imagine what they did to our show over here? Oh that's right, they killed it.

On another note - this makes me realise how much we missed in BBAUS not having live feeds.

In this show Tim is obviously not Production's favourite because in the shows they've edited out all his excellent social game, and how he convinces pretty much everyone around to his way of thinking. All the fun moments we see on the live feeds where pretty much Tim steals the show. Thankfully people have seen feeds and can see how things truly are (minus some Facebook morons of course).

If editing can do that over there imagine what they did to our show over here? Oh that's right, they killed it.
except thankfully Tim was production favourite in Australia

except thankfully Tim was production favourite in Australia

IMO: Towards the halfway mark he wasn't.

That's why I think they bought Justynn & Boogs in to get him out.

Production knew Tim was going to win & they couldn't stop it.

I honestly believe that Ben Zabel was their winner.

Jade tweeted this & posted the photo below.

Jade AlbanyVerified account ‏@JadeAlbany 8m8 minutes ago

Good luck @timdormer for the @BigBrotherCA FINAL cant believe it your gonna do it again!! Love you x #BBCAN4 #BBAU

CiPRSw-VAAAXCM3.jpg

I just did a #BBCAN4 twitter search and all I can see are tweets of people voting for Tim. I really hope he gets through to the final 2!

eta: forgot to say this earlier but I felt it was a real shame that Cass walked out to an empty stage. Sure she was annoying at times but that girl played her guts out in that house. Feels a bit like she missed out with no crowd.

So now they've finally decided to show people the veto I've caught up. It's just more interesting watching the competition happen (when it's a half decent one for a change) than just hearing about it second hand which is what the live feed mainly is.

I still didn't hear what all the times were, which is what is normally done on this type of competition.

Weird editing playing the episode viewers for fools as usual. Tim wasn't the one deciding whether Cass went home or not, Kelsey was.

So Tim is the only one who will admit he has told lies, the others were apparently all angels. I suppose some viewers will believe that.

One annoyance with me the whole time has been the guy who does the catchup narration at the start, it's like he's trying to out-American any pompous American narrator lol. In this episode he was building up Cass as a 'Persian princess' or something at the start of this, and they have been bigging her up as some great player recently. I liked her and she did well but they always overhype people to try and add suspense that isn't there, and often it doesn't convince even without live feed.

I doubt Tim can win even with 'Canada's vote' (which I assume those not in Canada can vote on too, whether they need a proxy/VPN or not I don't know). It's only one vote. Of the other two I really couldn't stand the brothers winning, their ego is too much to bear as it is.

People on the BBCanada jury seem to mostly favor Tim.

I agree that Tim wasn't BBAus productions favorite. They did a lot to support and promote Ben Zabel. In some ways it was their fault Ben was voted out by accident, it seemed people didn't vote for him because they felt he was so popular he was safe.

I think Tim would have lost to Ben in a direct final popular vote.

I also agree that Justynn ( did we ever find out exactly why he was thrown out? )And Boogs were instructed to go after Tim. Boogs go away with crazy stuff and it was just to make Tim look bad. Though Tim also got away with cutting Tahans curling iron.

Last edited:
Tim had plenty of airtime even from early on in his year, even though the overall cast was strong. So I don't believe that he wasn't one of production's main players. I quite like the fact that in that year they did put some livelier 'intruders' in rather than just people for showmances. Of course they weren't expected to last long, the audience always votes them out anyway.

Tim had plenty of airtime even from early on in his year, even though the overall cast was strong. So I don't believe that he wasn't one of production's main players.

After a few weeks that changed, the feeds showed him all the time, yet the show hardly showed him or edited things.

Tim was instrumental in getting the Bros & Kelsey to flip their vote to keep Cass, but they showed it to be Cass the slayer & it was all her work.

After a few weeks that changed, the feeds showed him all the time, yet the show hardly showed him or edited things.

Tim was instrumental in getting the Bros & Kelsey to flip their vote to keep Cass, but they showed it to be Cass the slayer & it was all her work.

No, I meant in his Australian season. :D

In this season I'd guess the producers wanted their special guests to at least stay a while. I really wasn't bothered with Nikki, but Tim definitely livened up this show, particularly after Loveita went. The whole Jared/Kelsey thing was boring, and when it was just restarted at least we had the Cass/Tim alliance. Joel didn't do much for me either. These Canadian casts did need a bit of livening up and it was a good idea to bring some outsiders in. I'm still curious how the Italian woman would have got on though, she might have been more interesting than Nikki. I always thought (as did someone earlier in this thread) that is was planned that Nikki and Tim were chosen, Jase is thought a joke and few will have even heard of Veronica before.

Tim had plenty of airtime in his Australian season but he didn't have any special treatment like Ben did as Big Brothers PA, for example. He did have the hairdryer v ice cream. But Ben also had Bert Newton for his birthday.

Doesn't matter Tim won and if he can win this competition he will win BB Canada. I don't think production wants him to winthough. I doubt they expected him to last this long but he is a fantastic player.

So now they've finally decided to show people the veto I've caught up. It's just more interesting watching the competition happen (when it's a half decent one for a change) than just hearing about it second hand which is what the live feed mainly is.

I still didn't hear what all the times were, which is what is normally done on this type of competition.

Weird editing playing the episode viewers for fools as usual. Tim wasn't the one deciding whether Cass went home or not, Kelsey was.

So Tim is the only one who will admit he has told lies, the others were apparently all angels. I suppose some viewers will believe that.

One annoyance with me the whole time has been the guy who does the catchup narration at the start, it's like he's trying to out-American any pompous American narrator lol. In this episode he was building up Cass as a 'Persian princess' or something at the start of this, and they have been bigging her up as some great player recently. I liked her and she did well but they always overhype people to try and add suspense that isn't there, and often it doesn't convince even without live feed.

I doubt Tim can win even with 'Canada's vote' (which I assume those not in Canada can vote on too, whether they need a proxy/VPN or not I don't know). It's only one vote. Of the other two I really couldn't stand the brothers winning, their ego is too much to bear as it is.

If Tim does make it to final 2, the only reason he won't win will be because of a bitter jury. At the end of the day, it's a game & jury members should respect the game. If they vote with bitter feelings (I'm looking at Maddy!) then they haven't really played their part in the game fairly. Tim played the better game. Hands down. He may not have won a lot of comps, however, it is just as, if not more, important to play a brilliant social game. Phick said they wanted a Canadian to win... when was that, 2, 3 weeks ago? and yet Tim is still there. Bad bad game move on Phicks part, especially seeing as though they've been in power the most over the last 3 weeks.

Tim had plenty of airtime in his Australian season but he didn't have any special treatment like Ben did as Big Brothers PA, for example. He did have the hairdryer v ice cream. But Ben also had Bert Newton for his birthday.

Doesn't matter Tim won and if he can win this competition he will win BB Canada. I don't think production wants him to winthough. I doubt they expected him to last this long but he is a fantastic player.

Ben did nothing for me in the Australian one, these archetypal geeks put in to look cute and for people to have sympathy for (like Joel) rarely do. I'm sure he's a nice guy but not my kind of thing on BB.

I didn't mind Tim winning (though I would have preferred Tahan), I just wish they'd built up his story slower. He was given some magic show thing on one of the worst episodes. The 'intruders' who were brought in actually got him even more of a storyline, so I don't think they hurt him at all.

On the Rob has a podcast happy hour with Jordan Parhar, they talk about Tim not getting the edit he deserves. So we aren't the only one who is frustrated by Tims edit.

Just read from what has been a reliable source that Dumbros won f I rst part of final HOH, Kelsey won parts 2 &3 and evicted Tim :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::cry::cry::cry::cry:.

I'm holding o to some vague hope they're wrong simply because I don't know how they'd know, but they are usually right so yeah, what a shit finale :(:(.

I want to throw stuff :arghh::arghh:.

That was some terrible typing in that last post, now outside edit window lol. Stupid tablet keyboard thing.

Back