Skip to main content

Big Brother Canada 2016: featuring Tim Dormer, Nikki Grahame and some Canadians

As an international fan I should love this twist but actually find it really putting me off Big Brother Canada. Nikki is a BBUK legend but BB Canada doesn't need HMs playing an act, and there are much better BBUK HMs to enter the gameplaying environment of BB Canada, though Nikki is probably way more perceptive than she gets credit for.

Tim should do well in that environment but I'd much rather see someone I didn't know playing the game, hence why I'd prefer the Grande Fratello candidate enter but there is little chance she'll win over Nikki as the vote looks likely to be hijacked.

The evidence so far though is BB Canada will be yet another Big Brother (and reality show) to have a flop 4th season if this is the best they can come up with - trouble is I don't know if the show is secure enough in Global's schedule to actually survive a flop season.

Tim is probably the best Australian housemate they could have selected to enter the USA/CA ruleset. However I'm not so sold on the idea of seeing Nikki Graeme again - especially after seeing her back on BBUK last year.

I'd be highly surprised if the Italian guy gets voted in.

Not sure what Canadian housemates will make of someone like Nikki
Never watched the other two so for me I guess Tim and Nikki would be the vote ... not sure I can listen to Tim's annoying voice though O_O

Surely a good percentage of Big Brother fans from Canada would have watched at least BBUSA, BBAU, and BBUK during their off season. I'd be surprised to hear they don't know of Tim, Nikki, or Jase. True you want the public at large to watch as well but not sure having international people come in would have any affect on whether they would watch the show anyway. A true Big Brother fan, reality tv fan, will watch no matter what.

My other thought is in remembering when the USA season had coaches on they were eventually allowed to enter the game. I didn't like that, didn't think it was fair to the new house guests, and yes I did enjoy watching that season but Dan pretty much took over and ran it all. I like Dan, but he'd had his season, give someone else a shot.

How the hell is Tim going to get voted to go in over this American guy. More Americans would see the poll and vote for their country and plus canadians would most likley vote for the closer to home winner (being this American guy).... I doubt Tim will win the vote :(

How the hell is Tim going to get voted to go in over this American guy. More Americans would see the poll and vote for their country and plus canadians would most likley vote for the closer to home winner (being this American guy).... I doubt Tim will win the vote :(
yeh plus they air Big Brother US in Canada, I'm pretty sure on the same channel? but I'm hoping they just don't like that specific houseguest and would prefer and Aussie going in

Well look who is a wild card in BB Canada, just my fav HM ever. I do feel sorry for the Italian girl as it is a tall order to beat Nikki since the vote is worldwide. I don't take anything for granted and Nikki still needs to win the vote. It will be very interesting to see how she goes in a more strategic game then in the UK.

As for Tim I didn't particularly like him in BBAU, thought he was full of himself. But he grew on me doing the apprentice and would like to see him go in with Nikki.

the true fans of BB who bother to watch the show from the US because im pretty sure they too are geo-blocked will also have watched BBAU ... and if they havent they will be to see what the fuss about this huy is all about ... the CAnadian fans of BB also know him
on twitter and via fan site sm posts it looks like Nikki and Tim would be front runners
a lot of people are questioning why Jace .. with all the hms they could pick from ... maybe they knew they wanted Nikki and Tim from the outset ... had to put up some sort of competition to create interest but didnt want them to stand any real chance of beating out their true picks?
who has watched BB Italy or wherever the other female is from ... BB in a foreign language ? hmmm not sure too many Americans would bother (just remembering American tourists in Japan thinking that raising their voices to booming level was going to help the young staff in the burger joint understand what they wanted to order ... something not on the menu but which they could get any ole time back home in the good ole US of A ... showing a real intolerance of anybody who could not speak American-English despite being in a non-English speaking country and for trying out the local food ... WHY travel?)

so voting closes just under 8 days from now and although I cant view the videos on my ipad I can vote

BBspyuk poll has Nikki and Tim sharing 97% of the votes ...

twitter accounts for BB US dont even mention BBCAN and try to drum up votes for Jace

Given that BBCAN is not decided by public vote (only manipulated by certain CANADA'S Choice polls ) can Tim and Nikki who can both be very difficult/annying to live with) really hope to last the distance as House guests?
one tantrum ... and it surely wont take long ... and theyll vote Nikki out ... and as Tim won he'll have a massive target on his back ... unless theyve deliberately chosen people who are not superfans and who haveno idea about overseas versions ... Tim would be the only one who could manipulate people into keeping him in but only if collectively they like his brand of humor and fun ...

dont you think he'll go stir crazy living in a house where they are totally indoors ... except maybe for hot tub area? Tims a very outdoors enjoying the beach and nature kind of guy ... oh hes going to love the girl who lists hunting as one of her interests ... cant wait for THAT discussion...

Jase is a housemate from a decade ago who isn't really a fan favourite and hasn't been shoved front and centre in the way the likes of Rachel, Dan and Jeff have. He probably isn't memorable enough to get the US fanbase really behind him - a fanbase which in all honesty is probably smaller and less vocal than the Australian fanbase. BBUSA of course airs on Global so Canadian viewers will be familar with him, and I suspect more of his votes will come from Canada than the US - but then they might prefer to see somebody new rather than someone they don't really remember.

I would imagine though however supportive the UK, Australain and Italian fanbases are (and most of us who'd be voting would be aware of the other English versions at least) that the international vote will still be quite small compared to the Canadian vote. Indeed not read the T&Cs but it's possible even though we're allowed to vote that they only count votes placed in Canada anyway.

Looks like you can vote a lot, just voted 3 times.
And if I knew nothing about anyone, as happens I only know Tim, well just by the pics I would vote for the Tim combo.
The other pair have botox faces, and gross plastic lips, they look like creeps.

Tim is luckily paired with a normal looking human, and they both look cooler than the plastic pair

Looks like you can vote a lot, just voted 3 times.
And if I knew nothing about anyone, as happens I only know Tim, well just by the pics I would vote for the Tim combo.
The other pair have botox faces, and gross plastic lips, they look like creeps.

Tim is luckily paired with a normal looking human, and they both look cooler than the plastic pair
I'll have to take a look at what you were seeing because when I voted it was Tim or Jase ... Nikki or "notNikki"
so you're voting one guy and one girl in ...

I'm assuming you think Jase and NotNikki are the plastic ones

but then how real is Nikki really? other than a right royal PITA to live with?

Jase is a housemate from a decade ago who isn't really a fan favourite and hasn't been shoved front and centre in the way the likes of Rachel, Dan and Jeff have. He probably isn't memorable enough to get the US fanbase really behind him - a fanbase which in all honesty is probably smaller and less vocal than the Australian fanbase. BBUSA of course airs on Global so Canadian viewers will be familar with him, and I suspect more of his votes will come from Canada than the US - but then they might prefer to see somebody new rather than someone they don't really remember.

Let's be honest here... Jase came from a time in BBUS where HG's were more than just cookie cutter characters regurgitating the same tired strategies ad nauseam... I've literally only seen a handful (if that) episodes of BB5 (as I was living in Australia in 2004) and Jase is one of several memorable HG's from that series... I can almost count on one hand the names of HG's from the last 6 to 7 years I can recall... You're also forgetting that Jase was at least enough of a character in that series that he was the victim of Nakomis's "Six Finger Plan" and became to first HG to be evicted via the dreaded "backdoor"...

Last edited:
CcMbqpiVIAA9eEY.jpg

Back