Skip to main content

Doctor Who

I know some of you hated her, but for those of us who don't...
I'll be getting this
A1HOIklb5KL.jpg

...great artwork there Meglos but what is it?... a magazine or video or book or perhaps a spin-off TV series?... I'm so curious... cheers.

...great artwork there Meglos but what is it?... a magazine or video or book or perhaps a spin-off TV series?... I'm so curious... cheers.

It's a book, part of the official series but in this case it's written by a few different authors in the form of several stories about what "Me" got up to after she was granted immortality.

They've done a few similar ones before, like this :
images

I saw this image with just the word 'Listen' written on the blackboard from that episode... I saw the chalk in The Doctor's hand... I saw an almost empty blackboard... I had some idle time... my feeble brain started thinking thinking thinking... I guess that this was bound to happen... I just can't help myself... I need some sort of therapy methinks... it was such fun to draw all of those characters in 'chalk'... it really was lol!... cheers.

Doctor-Who---Listen.jpg

That's amazing Mr Sticky! Did you "draw" those yourself?

...yes I did Meglos... I can draw a hell of a lot better than that... I've been painting and drawing since I was about 9 years old... I only drew them like that so it looked like The Doctor doodled them very quickly just to show you his enemies l0l!... it was a fun little project to do... cheers.

...yes I did Meglos... I can draw a hell of a lot better than that... I've been painting and drawing since I was about 9 years old... I only drew them like that so it looked like The Doctor doodled them very quickly just to show you his enemies l0l!... it was a fun little project to do... cheers.

You're a man of many talents Mr Sticky! Did you draw them using a paint program that simulates chalk, or are they actually drawn on a blackboard and then photoshopped onto the Listen pic? Either way is extremely clever in my books.

You're a man of many talents Mr Sticky! Did you draw them using a paint program that simulates chalk, or are they actually drawn on a blackboard and then photoshopped onto the Listen pic? Either way is extremely clever in my books.

...first I had to shift the word 'Listen' to the top left hand side of the blackboard by using the 'magic wand' tool by clicking onto each individual letter and then moving it to where I wanted... I then used the 'Paint' tools in Photoshop CS6 where you can use the paint brush on the 'chalk' setting and adjusted the width of the brush and the colour to suit the 'Listen' colour and then to set up my drawing of those characters... I then downloaded a picture of a Dalek that I wanted and put the 'opacity' of the Dalek to around 20% so it was barely visible and more or less traced the Dalek's image onto the blackboard and then deleted the original image of the Dalek that I downloaded leaving what you saw there...I then did the same for all of the other images... as I said... it was a labour of love and a fun thing to do lol!... I hope that I have explained it well my friend... cheers.

I think Ashildr did do something worthwhile with her life. She ran the secret city that kept all those refugee aliens safe, and while her justice was ruthless, she kept the peace amongst potentially murderous aliens.

Plus, she never intended for Clara to die, so I can see why Clara wouldn't hold it against her. She also stuck up for Clara at the end of time, pointing out that surely it was Clara's choice about having her memory wiped to save her life. I thought that was pretty decent.

On the flip side though, she stitched up the Doctor with her deal with the Quantum Shade, I don't really know why she did that. Was it her keeping the peace again? With the Quantum Shade who must have been working for Rassilon? I got a bit lost with that part of the storyline - am going to watch the last three eps together on the weekend. Hopefully that will clear a few things up for me.

Either way, I think Ashildr has some redeeming qualities, I liked her by the end.

...first I had to shift the word 'Listen' to the top left hand side of the blackboard by using the 'magic wand' tool by clicking onto each individual letter and then moving it to where I wanted... I then used the 'Paint' tools in Photoshop CS6 where you can use the paint brush on the 'chalk' setting and adjusted the width of the brush and the colour to suit the 'Listen' colour and then to set up my drawing of those characters... I then downloaded a picture of a Dalek that I wanted and put the 'opacity' of the Dalek to around 20% so it was barely visible and more or less traced the Dalek's image onto the blackboard and then deleted the original image of the Dalek that I downloaded leaving what you saw there...I then did the same for all of the other images... as I said... it was a labour of love and a fun thing to do lol!... I hope that I have explained it well my friend... cheers.
Wow, that was a lot of work. Thanks for sharing, it looks amazing.

I'm not a fan of Clara. I thought she got too smug and cocky.

Do like Ashildr a lot and I could see the books and stuff coming a mile off.

But now with the two of them in a Diner that's a TARDIS some new ideas for spin offs

2 Broke girls and a TARDIS
2 Girls 1 TARDIS
Clara's Diner (that travels in time)
The time traveling Diner

I'm not a fan of Clara. I thought she got too smug and cocky.

Do like Ashildr a lot and I could see the books and stuff coming a mile off.

But now with the two of them in a Diner that's a TARDIS some new ideas for spin offs

2 Broke girls and a TARDIS
2 Girls 1 TARDIS
Clara's Diner (that travels in time)
The time traveling Diner

...hey 'Not a fan of Clara Oswald'... welcome to the forums... especially this particular one... somebody new to talk all things to do with Doctor Who... that's great... the more the merrier!... hahaha!... some great suggestions for the spin-off show lol!... again... welcome... cheers.

Back