Skip to main content

Survivor Australia 2016!

So an originally Nine show goes to Ten... interesting. With I'm a Celebrity returning also to Ten, I'm not so sure they would be looking at another certain reality show in 2016 ... the one that is currently in hiatus since 2015 *wink wink*.

I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! Overload coming your way in 2016
November 19, 2015 7:15pm

Freddie Flintoff wins I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!
external

origin:video_integrator.Q1ajYwdDoxXDFc70FQuz2mYxqxRo5zf9

GET ready for a double dose of I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! in 2016, with Network Ten revealing its plans to amp up the jungle-based reality TV show when it returns next year.

Ten announced its upcoming content line-up overnight and the big reveal was the network’s significant investment in six new local productions, most notably I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! Now.

The series will function as a companion show to Ten’s second season of I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! — hosted again by Julia Morris and Chris Brown — which was one of the top-rating shows of 2015.

• 900cbbb894813ee4f5d90e719b8f4c51

Bachelor star Heather Maltman will co-host.

• 585cde9e07b3ac9d7a14122886afde0f

Joel Creasey competed on I’m A Celeb in 2015.

• 718c7b534b6fe2f9c458a75a52649547

Comedian, author and artist Ahn Do.

• dc2adce7c9ad770f10b181ed61eacf71

Chrissie Swan.

• bb830d3743c9dbe43d3d256949dbec24

Matt Preston and Grant Denyer on set of Family Feud.

• 94723588a70bd804b0af8fcc4aa24b87

Matthew Le Nevez will play motoring legend Peter Brock in the upcoming telemovie.

• 62b5b7529cb7b75198e533c77a47eebf

Jessica Marais will star in The Wrong Girl.

• 943a863e0076daefdc8ff52404496a53

Author Zoe Foster Blake.

• 787b9ea980be3da46cbf620d02e5dd2b

Waleed Aly, Carrie Bickmore, Peter Helliar will return to The Project desk in 2016.
1 of 9
Hosted by comedian Joel Creasey and Bachelor contestant Heather Maltman, the new show promises to treat I’m A Celeb fans to “behind-the-scenes action from the jungle, updates about their favourite celebrities and exclusive news and gossip.”

Now will run each night after the main show on secondary Channel Eleven and will be broadcast from South Africa.

While the rumour mill is already in full swing, we’ll have to wait until next year to find out which celebs have signed on for season two.

v1

Another notable newbie coming on Ten next year is a local version of reality series Survivor. Australian Survivor, part docu-soap, part competition, part human drama, will be set on a remote tropical island overseas and Ten promises it will be “big, noisy and exciting family entertainment”.

Also added to the schedule is Long Lost Family, hosted by Anh Do and Chrissie Swan. “An uplifting factual series that reunites mothers, fathers, daughters, sisters and brothers after years of separation.”

Based on the award-winning UK format, Long Lost Family will “take viewers through the complex, emotional and often painful process of reuniting people who have been lost to each other, sometimes for decades.”

This means Chrissie Swan, who emerged as runner-up on I’m A Celeb last season, will be a busy woman in 2016. The TV and radio personality was recently named co-host of Nova’s revamped breakfast radio show in Melbourne along with Sam Pang and Jonathan Brown, and she will also return to co-host Spelling Bee with Grant Denyer.

All Star Family Feud will be coming to Ten in 2016, capitalising on the success of the Grant Denyer-hosted Family Feud. Denyer will also host the new series, which will run in addition to his regular game show six nights a week.

All Star is tipped to feature anyone from politicians, to pop stars, to football players and fashion icons, all competing for cash prizes for their favourite charities.

Ten will also air two new dramas, the first being the Peter Brock telemovie, starring everyone’s favourite TV heart-throb, Matthew Le Nevez.

Steve Bisley, Natalie Bassingthwaighte, Brendan Cowell and Ella Scott Lynch will also appear in Brock.

One surprise of the night was the announcement of brand new drama, The Wrong Girl, based on the 2014 book by Zoe Foster Blake. From the writers of The Secret Life Of Us, The Wrong Girl will star Aussie golden girl Jessica Marais in the lead role of Lily.

Returning local content in 2016 will include the eighth season of MasterChef, with George Calombaris, Gary Mehigan and Matt Preston all back for more, and Nigella Lawson announced as a new guest chef.

Also back is The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, hosted again by Osher Gunsberg, Shark Tank, hosted again by Sarah Harris, Gogglebox, Have You Been Paying Attention, The Living Room, The Great Australian Spelling Bee, Territory Cops, Bondi Rescue and Bondi Vet.

The sixth season of beloved drama Offspring will also finally make a return to our screens — hooray!

Noticeably absent from the list of returning shows is TBL: Families, which has struggled in the ratings this season, despite the added interest of celebrity trainers Michelle Bridges and Steve ‘Commando’ Willis expecting their first child together.

New overseas content includes the six-part television event of The X Files, new US series American Crime Story, starring John Travolta, new comedy Life In Pieces, starring James Brolin and Dianne Wiest and US legal comedy series The Grinder, starring Rob Lowe.

Returning overseas content includes NCIS and its spin-offs NCIS: Los Angeles and NCIS: New Orleans, Modern Family, Madam Secretary, Law & Order: SVU, CSI: Cyber, Scorpion, The Good Wife, Limitless, The Graham Norton Show and more.

Network Ten Chief Programming Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “Content that lives on all

screens is at the heart of our business. In 2016 we will continue to introduce innovative,

contemporary content with mass appeal that our viewers can engage with in multiple ways

on numerous platforms.

“For several years now, our strategy has been to encourage people to enjoy our content anywhere, at any time and on any device. That will remain our mantra in 2016. It is television as it should be, with our viewers being able to watch our great content whenever they want, wherever they are and however they want.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/enter...your-way-in-2016/story-fnihmoiz-1227615951132

Australian Survivor is returning in 2016!

Thank you Channel Ten, this is better than them bringing big brother back!!!

Now ten just need to get it right, survivor does not need to be a stripped 5 nights a week show, if they were going to do more than 1 episode a week, I hope it's only one extra.

Ten need to spend big on this show to make it work, the celeb version seven did a few years ago looked so cheap and was basically a copy of Vanuatu... I hope Ten sent a few producers over to Cambodia to watch and learn how the US production works. If I were in charge of Australian Survivor that what I would have done... Anyone know who the EP is going to be? Peter Abbot has to be free now that he is out of I'm a celeb.

OMG Australian Survivor...where do I apply?
Hahaha, I would love to be on the show, I hope they get the casting right and have a good mix of contestants... No more than 18, I would prefer a cast of 16, just we get to know them better and each person gets a little bit of a story told...

Wonder what the location will be? Samoa is meant to be a super easy location to film... I would like to go to a place that the US has not used or used that much.[DOUBLEPOST=1447969462][/DOUBLEPOST]
Great news! I wonder who the host will be,
Matt Doran please!

hopefully the contestants will be there to win and not to be mates and buddies around the campfire ... seem to remember thats why Channel 9's series of Australian Survivor failed

Surely if they get this right they will see that they could revive & revamp Big Brother and bring it back to basics ...

hopefully the contestants will be there to win and not to be mates and buddies around the campfire ... seem to remember thats why Channel 9's series of Australian Survivor failed

Surely if they get this right they will see that they could revive & revamp Big Brother and bring it back to basics ...
They need to cast super fans, not all need to be super fans, but some... They will play and make moves.

This is great. I am so pleased for Ten with its resurgence, it looks like in 2016 it will be going from strength to strength.

The host is key. Needs to be a bit of a man-bitch, quick on their feet with the snappy comments. I think Rove would actually be good in this role. The previous go around years ago had the wrong host. Some pleasant fellow. And the wrong location.

So happy!

So an originally Nine show goes to Ten... interesting.

Well after Nine's (disastrous) Australian Survivor Seven had a crack with Celebrity Survivor AU, so it's only fitting Ten should give it a go to round out the commercial networks. I think they'll do well. Just as long as Alex M doesn't get anywhere near it.

That other show you mention, however, is dead, buried, cremated.

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/a...stralian-survivor-sets-up-camp-on-ten-in-2016

Australian Survivor Sets Up Camp on TEN In 2016
Published: 19 November 2015

Survivor_Blog_900x506.jpg

Network Ten is proud to announce it has commissioned a local version of the global television phenomenon Survivor.
The spectacular new family entertainment series will be set on a remote tropical island overseas and will launch on TEN in 2016.

Network Ten Chief Programming Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “Around the world, Survivor is synonymous with exciting, engaging, premium entertainment. Survivor pioneered the mainstream reality television genre almost 20 years ago and there is still no other show like it. It is firmly embedded in popular culture worldwide.

“We have wanted to create Australian Survivor for many years, so we are delighted and honoured to be able to bring this amazing show to viewers.”

Survivor is the show that launched the reality genre of television programming and it continues to be the centrepiece of broadcasting schedules around the world. Part docu-soap, part competition, part human drama, it's the world’s most talked-about television program.

In the United States, Survivor is in its 16th year and the 31st US season launched in September this year on CBS to extremely strong ratings.

The Survivor format first launched with a Swedish local format version called Expedition Robinson, which debuted in 1997, and continues to broadcast every year. More than 50 different territories have made their own local format versions of this high-rating, multi-award-winning series.

In recent years, Network Ten has successfully launched local versions of global hits such as The Bachelor, Shark Tank, I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! and The Bachelorette by adding a uniquely Australian tone to established formats.

Ms McGarvey said: “We look forward to adding Australian Survivor to our repertoire across all platforms and will commence casting this month.”

Australian Survivor will be produced for Network Ten by Endemol Shine Australia, in association with format creator Castaway Television Productions Ltd.

Format creator and MD of Castaway Television Productions Ltd, Charlie Parsons, said: “I am delighted that Network Ten has decided to make the Australian version of the show. I can't wait to see it!”

Endemol Shine Australia CEO, Mark Fennessy, said: “There are few blockbuster formats which have enjoyed the same extraordinary success with audiences worldwide as Survivor.

We’re truly excited to be working with Network Ten and Castaway in launching the authentic Australian Survivor in 2016.”

For information on how to be part of Australian Survivor, click here.

Back