Skip to main content

Looks like Big Brother Australia isn't back on Nine!

~Robbie~

#BBFAN
Mike Goldman just posted via Facebook, the TVTonight article that outlays the 2016 schedule and changes to Channel Nine.
Changes that DON'T include Big Brother in the schedule or returning shows at all!

W7TEh7l.png

Link to TVTonight article here:
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/10...festyle-channel-and-daryl-somers-returns.html

I think it's officially time to say our goodbyes to the dearly missed show that we all loved so much :(
I'm losing hope.. I don't see another channel picking it up any time soon.

Last edited:
And that's even after the fact that Channel Nine will be provided it's own network internet streaming service..
Bringing it into the now fully digital/streaming era of TV..
That Alex had always said that Big Brother would be heading down that path.

Rights aren't decided till nov/dec so they couldn't say even if they have or don't have a intention to bid for the rights.

I've come to the conclusion that it's gone forever. I was so sure it was coming back and it's obviously not. Out only hope is for another channel to pick it up. However that seems unlikely. I'm not very happy at this moment.

I've come to the conclusion that it's gone forever. I was so sure it was coming back and it's obviously not. Out only hope is for another channel to pick it up. However that seems unlikely. I'm not very happy at this moment.
There is no way its gone forever. The history of its ratings, online popularity, social media followings. It's certain to be back eventually as soon as renovation shows plummet in ratings.

On another note, oh god reno rumbles back fml.

There is no way its gone forever. The history of its ratings, online popularity, social media followings. It's certain to be back eventually as soon as renovation shows plummet in ratings.

On another note, oh god reno rumbles back fml.

We can only hope now. I'm praying to god that the block and Reno rumble fail miserably next year. I also hope AGT flops as well. If ten picks it up or even seven next year I'd be happy. Any big brother at this point in time would be good.

Wow, finally some new on Big Brother. It's been a while since we have had anything about it.

Here is hoping Channel 10 jumps on the rights!

Interesting read. More emphasis on variety & entertainment next year, shorter run reality (read: more tactical flexibility in ratings war).

Oh, it also said: "Meglos, there is no-one who shouts Entertainment bigger than Daryl Somers. He is the master of Entertainment.” :tongue:

Interesting read. More emphasis on variety & entertainment next year, shorter run reality (read: more tactical flexibility in ratings war).

Oh, it also said: "Meglos, there is no-one who shouts Entertainment bigger than Daryl Somers. He is the master of Entertainment.” :tongue:

If Daryl Somers is the master of Entertainment, I'd rather be bored.

Imagine Daryl Somers hosting Big Brother lol.

Shoot me now!!
As I posted yesterday on goldmans Facebook post.. Nine are truly flogging a dead horse bring somers back.. After various years of trying to bring back and make hey hey popular again.

Back