Skip to main content

Graceland Happiness Project - 8/10/15 on ABC2

marquisite

Original BB Fanatic
Staff member
Administrator
Heads up to anybody interested in the Graceland Happiness Project web series featuring Tim Dormer and Ben Zabel - the ABC will now be airing this as a single documentary on ABC2, October 8. There's some conflicting detail around the start time - the ABC says 9:35 pm but TV Tonight states 8:35 pm - check your local guides closer to the air date.

Original source: TV Tonight and ABC

@marquisite I think this thread should be moved into the BBAU sub-forum proper or somehow duplicated there.

I only found out when ABC showed their long-form TVC for Mental As... which showed snippets of Tim & Ben and went looking.

I'll certainly be watching the 'full length' version on ABC.

- the ABC says 9:35 pm but TV Tonight states 8:35 pm - check your local guides closer to the air date.

ABC now says 9:42pm, but that could still vary.
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/graceland-happiness-project/

Repeated on Saturday 10 Oct at 10:20 PM, ABC2

Last edited:
Saw it on ABC2 last night, found it very interesting.
You can clearly see Tim's frustration with Ben at times, because Tim wants to do something to change Ben's life, but Ben is too focused on the superficial things and isn't looking to learn anything from the experience.

Saw it on ABC2 last night, found it very interesting.
You can clearly see Tim's frustration with Ben at times, because Tim wants to do something to change Ben's life, but Ben is too focused on the superficial things and isn't looking to learn anything from the experience.
A bit of irresistible force meets immovable object?

If Ben is only in it for the holiday and just wants to enjoy Graceland as his dream destination or whatever, why does Tim feel the need to change his life?
Haven't watched it yet, but are you saying that's how it appears?

Haven't watched it yet, but are you saying that's how it appears?
I've watched bits and pieces on the link here. I was going by what Meglos said about Tim being frustrated as he wanted to change Ben's life. The comment which I responded to is a few up from this one. I also find both of them too contrived and irritating in the way that Tim draws out every sentence and Ben is so precious. Made for painful viewing in the small bits I saw.

I'll have to watch it and see. :)
I've watched bits and pieces on the link here. I was going by what Meglos said about Tim being frustrated as he wanted to change Ben's life. The comment which I responded to is a few up from this one. I also find both of them too contrived and irritating in the way that Tim draws out every sentence and Ben is so precious. Made for painful viewing in the small bits I saw.

Yes, the episode I saw was the only one I've seen, but Tim says a lot to camera about his concerns and intentions for Ben, compared to Ben just seeing it as a holiday, something Ben says directly when Tim confronts him with it.

I'm still not sure if Tim sees Ben as a friend, or a project.

Yes, the episode I saw was the only one I've seen, but Tim says a lot to camera about his concerns and intentions for Ben, compared to Ben just seeing it as a holiday, something Ben says directly when Tim confronts him with it.

I'm still not sure if Tim sees Ben as a friend, or a project.
Tim possibly sees Ben as someone to dominate and hopefully control. Ben is stubborn enough to thwart Tim's efforts so it's a stalemate. There'd have to be a certain level of friendship but on the terms of whom?

The Graceland Happiness Project via NYC Web Fest
Yesterday at 5:39pm ·
‪#‎TheGracelandHappinessProject‬ has been nominated for Best Documentary AND Best International Webseries at NYC Web Fest!! If you're in the Big Apple on the 13th/14th of November get down and check it out!

NYC Web Series Festival
Ninety-three web series will be screened on Nov. 13th and 14th at the PIT Loft in Manhattan. In just one year, NYCWF has established itself as the web fest to watch series’ produced by newcomers and industry heavyweights.
NYCWEBFEST.COM

Best International Web Series

High Road
Garda
World Away
The Graceland Happiness Project
Good Things Work Out

The Graceland Happiness Project via NYC Web Fest
Yesterday at 5:39pm ·
‪#‎TheGracelandHappinessProject‬ has been nominated for Best Documentary AND Best International Webseries at NYC Web Fest!! If you're in the Big Apple on the 13th/14th of November get down and check it out!

NYC Web Series Festival
Ninety-three web series will be screened on Nov. 13th and 14th at the PIT Loft in Manhattan. In just one year, NYCWF has established itself as the web fest to watch series’ produced by newcomers and industry heavyweights.
NYCWEBFEST.COM

Best International Web Series

High Road
Garda
World Away
The Graceland Happiness Project
Good Things Work Out

That's awesome! Congrats Ben and Tim!

Back