Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really want to work in aged care and if I end up working in that field I only want to do it for a little while, I would much rather work in a hospital. Having said all that what field I want to work in will most likely change once I start the course.

Aged care is a fantastic training ground to get lots of your skills polished, benefits are you get to know the client and their needs really well so you can work effectively and concentrate on time management and practical things, hospitals depending on the sector of course, are smaller ratios but much more complex problems and a higher turn over, I'd suggest doing some aged care early on in your career :)

Aged care is a fantastic training ground to get lots of your skills polished, benefits are you get to know the client and their needs really well so you can work effectively and concentrate on time management and practical things, hospitals depending on the sector of course, are smaller ratios but much more complex problems and a higher turn over, I'd suggest doing some aged care early on in your career :)
Cheers for that, there is a very good aged care facility right near where I live actually...maybe I could get a job there....

+1

Just a FYI to all the people out there that have a problem with Reepbot and his attitude. He is loving all this attention right now. It would be best for your own sanity to just ignore him... The more names he calls people the more he exposes himself... Let him continue to dig this huge hole for himself and don't engage...
I mean calling bleachy a bigot, bloody hell that is so far from the truth its not even funny.

Peace out bitches!
Yep

penguin-80403953281.jpeg

Hahaha. Well it's good that it looks good!

My black eyes were a botox mishap of sorts where I interpreted "did you want it around the eyes? Let's donut around the eyes?" to mean that I really very much needed it there and she was a tad heavy handed I guess. So not cool, and even when the bruising and swelling went down my eyes felt really stiff and painful for a good 6 weeks. Fun times.
That is a pretty ordinary injector you had there. In the 5 years I have been getting botox I have never had not one bruise, and as you can see from my Juvaderm Voluma, I am a bruiser.

The things we do in the name of vanity. I swear my partner would be so upset if he only knew.

And not helped by your misguided and premature victory dance with Trala.
You are just so obsessed with me!

I only hope you don't suffer a misguided and premature victory when you try to pump your loneliness into that pre menopausal Trala sock puppet you keep in your top drawer.

Yep AIN, turns out my sisters partners mother is an AIN and she works in aged care, I'll deffo be picking her brain the next time I see her... Most likely at Christmas.

I love the AIN's I work with, they are the backbone of the hospital, and you will make an amazing AIN. You have the right personality and temperament - I'm so excited for your future patients!

Well I haven't even made a dent in my HECS debt I don't think as I'm yet to earn enough. So I got 2 degrees for free and wasted all that time studying to never use them, not sure who gets the last laugh here.
Well it is certainly not the hard working tax payer who funded it, that I can assure you. While it may have been "free" for you, your degree cost very real tax payer dollars.

With the ageing population I guess there will only be more and more jobs available in aged care.

Absolutely.

Health is a booming industry. The government up here are throwing all sorts of money towards study grants to help get qualified AIN's, EN's and RN's. We have a mega hospital over in Kawana which is almost completed, and it needs staff badly.

I am in two minds whether to have a change and nurse over there.

Well it is certainly not the hard working tax payer who funded it, that I can assure you. While it may have been "free" for you, your degree cost very real tax payer dollars.
Jessy still has plenty of time to pay it off! Who knows what the future holds.

That is a pretty ordinary injector you had there. In the 5 years I have been getting botox I have never had not one bruise, and as you can see from my Juvaderm Voluma, I am a bruiser.

The things we do in the name of vanity. I swear my partner would be so upset if he only knew.

I know, right? Such butchery, and from a place I had generally found reliable. It did at least make me very picky about all future injectables.

Most men are weird, they really don't get it.

Nah I know, that was a tongue in cheek comment about my own laziness for not having worked enough to pay it off. I know they weren't "free" and I myself pay tax as it is anyway. A little over half of the tuition was paid up front as well so actually it cost the tax payers less than a standard degree.

Absolutely.

Health is a booming industry. The government up here are throwing all sorts of money towards study grants to help get qualified AIN's, EN's and RN's. We have a mega hospital over in Kawana which is almost completed, and it needs staff badly.

I am in two minds whether to have a change and nurse over there.
A new hospital, hopefully very well resourced. Sounds like an exciting opportunity.

Nah I know, that was a tongue in cheek comment about my own laziness for not having worked enough to pay it off. I know they weren't "free" and I myself pay tax as it is anyway. A little over half of the tuition was paid up front as well so actually it cost the tax payers less than a standard degree.

That's a relief! Nothing fucks me off more than people who exploit tax funded study opportunities and take them for granted.

My tax cheque has been going back to the government now I earn over $55k, and I feel a sense of pride knowing that I am finally in a position to pay it back, so that money can be used to pay it forward to the next person needing a hand in order to be able to study now and pay later.

We are a lucky country.

RB isn't the one I have a major issue with, its the person who baited him for weeks and weeks, which made not only this thread, but majority of the board unreadable which drove me from posting, or really reading, until my name was mentioned in a thread which didn't need to be, and continued into other threads, to make it clear just because I choose to not engage in conversation with someone doesn't mean I think Im "cool" or better than anyway, I just in real life, choose to associate myself with people I enjoy conversing with
So beautifully said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back