Skip to main content

things i hate that everyone else loves

...hahaha!... I'm a Pommy so every place that I go everyone asks me if I want a cup of tea... I can't stand the stuff!... my darling wife loves all teas... I can't even make her a cup of tea without gagging... especially when she wants Green Tea...

...lol!... funny that you say that because I did too... I said nothing because I didn't think anybody else did that lol!... cheers.
I did too - you can't help but do that - especially when the hesitation/shock is written into the words

i don't like avocado
its slimy - and flavourless ... its just BLAH
i really don't see why people rave about them
I like it as guacamole. By itself it's a bit slimy and flavourless as you say, but I will eat it occasionally.

I like it as guacamole. By itself it's a bit slimy and flavourless as you say, but I will eat it occasionally.
same here - guacamole I can handle - anything else - just seems too bland and the slithery texture is awful PLUS they are a pain in the neck to cut up - messy, awkward ... just not worth the trouble!

Brussel sprouts. Has anyone else chosen this yet? I love them. LOVE THEM! My daughter has some weird gene that makes them taste bitter to her. I think they're delish! Butter, salt, pepper and maybe some almond flakes... Spectacular!

Gah, I have just remembered my two biggest pet peeves.

I hate Christmas. It has never been enjoyable to me since my Grandpa had a stroke when I was about 9. He used to dress up as Santa and give out coal. After then, we started having Christmas at home. Which involved me flying home last year on crutches, driving an hour in a hire car, walking upstairs, waiting 2 hours for my sister who lives half an hour away then hearing my mum and sister bitch about me for the rest of the day, calling me lazy, because I didn't cook and clean for them.

Even worse than Christmas is Secret Santa. The manipulation to participate. The passive aggressive you receive if you don't participate. Sorry, I'd rather spend my $10 on charity giving food to people who need it rather than giving rubbish to people who have to much and are just going to chuck my gift out

If I've learned anything from watching Big Brother its that bitching is done behind a person's back and saying horrible things to a person's face is just being honest and makes them a great entertaining HM. Not sure from your post @delcan if the bitching was done to the face or behind the back...

I slightly dislike christmas, just because of the waste, with the wrapping paper, packaging, useless presents that will never get used + all the gluttony with the food and the alcohol. If Jesus was/is real I don't think he would be into all the waste.

I hate coriander. Had some in butter chicken today and I really didn't enjoy it. The merest hint I can deal with but even that's too much.

I hate coriander. Had some in butter chicken today and I really didn't enjoy it. The merest hint I can deal with but even that's too much.
Coriander is meant to be really good for you... In 100g there is 134% of your recommended amount of vit A + 45% of your vit C.... Just saying.

I'm the only one in the family who doesn't like it.[DOUBLEPOST=1436098406][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's a LOT of the stuff. Nauseating.
I guess in a smaller amount and as part of a balanced diet, eating it probably just gives your % a little boost.

If I've learned anything from watching Big Brother its that bitching is done behind a person's back and saying horrible things to a person's face is just being honest and makes them a great entertaining HM. Not sure from your post @delcan if the bitching was done to the face or behind the back...

I slightly dislike christmas, just because of the waste, with the wrapping paper, packaging, useless presents that will never get used + all the gluttony with the food and the alcohol. If Jesus was/is real I don't think he would be into all the waste.

Behind the back. One of the few benefits of being a slow moving cripple is you get to overhear conversations without anyone noticing

I also hate Christmas. Most other people I meet IRL (as oppose to those in this thread) who are similar come across as bitter or cynical about it so I kind of hate that I hate it so much. I have a big family and we're all close and I love gluttony so really it should be my dream day but I just dread it so much.

Even my Jewish relatives celebrate Christmas, I can't escape it!

I also hate Christmas. Most other people I meet IRL (as oppose to those in this thread) who are similar come across as bitter or cynical about it so I kind of hate that I hate it so much. I have a big family and we're all close and I love gluttony so really it should be my dream day but I just dread it so much.

Even my Jewish relatives celebrate Christmas, I can't escape it!

I hate Christmas ever so much! I really do!

Back