Skip to main content

So...Back In 2015?

Tbh.

Big Brothers' chances of renewal have never been better atm (within the last few months and into the foresee able future.). With all of the f@#ked up reno shows plaguing Australian TV failing in the ratings (700-600k), Big Brothers' unique quality might actually get it renewed. As well as the talent shows slipping further each year, Big Brother MIGHT have a chance. If Nine don't F@#K IT UP, that is.

Tbh.

Big Brothers' chances of renewal have never been better atm (within the last few months and into the foresee able future.). With all of the f@#ked up reno shows plaguing Australian TV failing in the ratings (700-600k), Big Brothers' unique quality might actually get it renewed. As well as the talent shows slipping further each year, Big Brother MIGHT have a chance. If Nine don't F@#K IT UP, that is.
I couldn't agree more but I always worry about the budget required with Big Brother. I'm praying Ten can somehow get there hands on it!

I couldn't agree more but I always worry about the budget required with Big Brother. I'm praying Ten can somehow get there hands on it!
If they can omg
They done a pretty good job with I'm A Celeb, like it could of been better but it was better then BB was on 9. I was drawn to watch celeb, I skipped lots of episodes last year. Please Ten get it back

as someone who just come back and just reads every now and then, im definitely agreeing with the "full retard" thing
also, in relation to cost per hour of content, big brother is actually really good, stated by a nine exec a while ago, so it really isnt that big of a money monster.
ten wont get their hands on bb for a while. nine wont let them have it, and ten probably doesnt want it...
not exactly looking forward to g-grade celebs on bb, but better than nothing i guess...
and of course they'll refurb the house, itll be looking like a piece of shit by now, maybe nothing drastic like a full new layout, but definitely changes... think paint, wallpaper, and furnishings.

as someone who just come back and just reads every now and then, im definitely agreeing with the "full retard" thing
also, in relation to cost per hour of content, big brother is actually really good, stated by a nine exec a while ago, so it really isnt that big of a money monster.
ten wont get their hands on bb for a while. nine wont let them have it, and ten probably doesnt want it...
not exactly looking forward to g-grade celebs on bb, but better than nothing i guess...
and of course they'll refurb the house, itll be looking like a piece of shit by now, maybe nothing drastic like a full new layout, but definitely changes... think paint, wallpaper, and furnishings.
How would you allocate your Full Retard Dream Team points at the moment?

Tbh.

ACTUALLY if you take off the rose colored glasses for just a moment... Look at what has been tossed around so far... The chances of a BBAU in 2015 are actually no better than they were in November... The interview with Sonia was not actually a "confirmation" that Nine had any "concrete" plans in place for Celebrity BB... She confirmed that Nine were considering it... However there were a number of factors to consider if plans were to move forward... Finding a place for it in Nine's already full 2015 schedule being a major factor in the decision making process... Not having the show pitched to advertisers at up-fronts is also a major downfall for Nine in terms of potential sponsorships...

It's also not as if we haven't seen this before with other programs that have used the "soft" cancellation process... I mean Ten had "talked" about bringing Australian Idol back in 2010... Similar excuses were used about trying to find a place for it within schedule... I believe there might have also been talk about a possible revamp or retooling... Despite fans taking this as positive reinforcement from the network that the show would return nothing materialized...

We've seen things like this with BB in the past as well... I believe a few "sources" went on record with talks of reviving BB with a Celebrity Hijack style format not long after the show was "officially" shitcanned under Ten...

Let's be honest for just a few seconds... "Talk" is very different than actually putting plans in to motion... We have members of the production team stating that they've yet to be contacted which contradicts previous reports... I mean if something was about to be announced it's likely production staff would at least be contacted in some regard to see if they were still interested... You also have to take in to account the time it takes to mobilize a staff of hundreds of people... It's not something that happens over night...

It's completely absurd for you to suggest that "things have never been better"... I'm not saying there isn't potential and I'm not saying that a potential Celebrity series won't happen either... However I can't sit here and let you make claims that are completely fabricated and have no basis in reality...

Last edited:
I don't get how the schedule is so tight - assuming The Block airs around the same time as last year, there is still quite a bit of space left at the end of the year. Or have they already announced something that will air in that final gap?

I don't get how the schedule is so tight - assuming The Block airs around the same time as last year, there is still quite a bit of space left at the end of the year. Or have they already announced something that will air in that final gap?

When is Farmer Want's a Wife supposed to air?

ETA: TVtonight says "later this year"... This could fill that "final gap"...

When is Farmer Want's a Wife supposed to air?

ETA: TVtonight says "later this year"... This could fill that "final gap"...

That's not coming back is it? It last aired in 2012 I believe and was replaced with that show "when love comes to town" which only aired one season. I assumed it was permanently rested.

Oh so it is.

I thought it had run its course, maybe after The Bachelor they want back in the dating show genre.

But ok, that could definitely fill the latter portion of this year. I think it's only 1 or maybe 2 episodes a week though so it could easily run concurrently to a celeb BB series if that was really what Channel 9 wanted.

My guess is that IF this show happens it will air next year.

ACTUALLY if you take off the rose colored glasses for just a moment... Look at what has been tossed around so far... The chances of a BBAU in 2015 are actually no better than they were in November... The interview with Sonia was not actually a "confirmation" that Nine had any "concrete" plans in place for Celebrity BB... She confirmed that Nine were considering it... However there were a number of factors to consider if plans were to move forward... Finding a place for it in Nine's already full 2015 schedule being a major factor in the decision making process... Not having the show pitched to advertisers at up-fronts is also a major downfall for Nine in terms of potential sponsorships...

It's also not as if we haven't seen this before with other programs that have used the "soft" cancellation process... I mean Ten had "talked" about bringing Australian Idol back in 2010... Similar excuses were used about trying to find a place for it within schedule... I believe there might have also been talk about a possible revamp or retooling... Despite fans taking this as positive reinforcement from the network that the show would return nothing materialized...

We've seen things like this with BB in the past as well... I believe a few "sources" went on record with talks of reviving BB with a Celebrity Hijack style format not long after the show was "officially" shitcanned under Ten...

Let's be honest for just a few seconds... "Talk" is very different than actually putting plans in to motion... We have members of the production team stating that they've yet to be contacted which contradicts previous reports... I mean if something was about to be announced it's likely production staff would at least be contacted in some regard to see if they were still interested... You also have to take in to account the time it takes to mobilize a staff of hundreds of people... It's not something that happens over night...

It's completely absurd for you to suggest that "things have never been better"... I'm not saying there isn't potential and I'm not saying that a potential Celebrity series won't happen either... However I can't sit here and let you make claims that are completely fabricated and have no basis in reality...

At this stage it looks like bring a 5 to 6 week run in the 4th quarter.

Well Reno Rumble is new to this year then they've got a new food reality show called The Hot Plate. Not sure if that'll launch once Reno Rumble finishes (as I think that's just six weeks) or if they'll hold it back until Masterchef finishes. Either way it probably pushes The Block back to a September start.

The Voice will most likely start after RR. They have been showing Promos for Blind Auditions
Nope. The Voice AU doesn't premiere in New Zealand until July 3rd and it always airs very close to the Australian dates.

Well in a way you're right, but there will be a small gap between Reno Rumble and The Voice. I sense The Big Bang Theory reruns will air for a few weeks.

Back