Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2015) - Episode Discussion

God knows how much flak I'll get over my post..... sigh.
Given that your opinion was spot on, I would doubt you'll get much.

However I would have preferred you didn't try to justify your point by comparing the response to Merv's behaviour with the response to Joel's behaviour. I feel you are comparing apples with oranges.

It is a normal human response when frustrated for people to behave in an uncalled for and ugly manner. It doesn't mean it's right, it just means it's normal. It's how you respond to your flawed behaviour once you cool that defines you.

People behave badly, people say things they don't mean, I have told many a poster to "eat shit and die". It's not literal. It just means I have lost my cool, I am behaving badly and I will need to be responsible for acting like a hate spewing monster.

I felt it was pretty much a non event that was hammed up for maximum possible outrage. Sounds to me the only real outrage was on Twitter, which is basically the home of the hater, so no surprises there.

Because Joel would appeal to the demographic supposedly and would be one of the 'cool' kids. Merv is seen as fair game to be teased, however he rises to the occasion every time. He deserves respect.

What a load of rubbish.

And newsflash for you Nelly, respect is earned, not deserved.

Oh and I fucking LOVE Merv, so don't mistake me for a hater.

I would have eaten the fish and that was it. Merv was kind.

Maureen's eyebrows did look better after the plucking.

And Dr Chris and Julia were in fine form last night.
I still haven't seen last nights show. I am loyal to MKR as my first watch. I will watch it today.

I just love them all. They all bring such a unique flavour. My four favs would be Chrissy, Joel, Andrew and Merv.

Watching firm friendships grow in such unlikely places is simply heartwarming.

What a load of rubbish.

And newsflash for you Nelly, respect is earned, not deserved.

Oh and I fucking LOVE Merv, so don't mistake me for a hater.
I'll stand by deserve. If you deserve it, more than likely you earned it. I'd never mistake you for a hater of Merv.

I'll stand by deserve. If you deserve it, more than likely you earned it. I'd never mistake you for a hater of Merv.
While I see what you are saying, in this situation I don't agree.

Merv Hughes does not deserve respect. You don't simply gain it as a birth right. You earn it by your actions.

Deserved respect went out when Downton Abbey fell.

Side note: I do have the utmost respect for Merv, which coincidently was earned while watching how he responds to constructive criticism regarding his own flaws in his character.

Merv was awesome in the food trial with Chrissie last night. He really is a nice guy, and in a one to one situation he is more genuine and doesn't show off as much.

I can't believe they want people to eat ostrich arse.
Chris & Julia are on fire right now. Julia is such a trooper, she really is up for anything.

While I see what you are saying, in this situation I don't agree.

Merv Hughes does not deserve respect. You don't simply gain it as a birth right. You earn it by your actions.

Deserved respect went out when Downton Abbey fell.

Side note: I do have the utmost respect for Merv, which coincidently was earned while watching how he responds to constructive criticism regarding his own flaws in his character.
His actions on this show by being up for anything and succeeding more than others in trials/tasks has meant he's earned it, therefore deserving it. No idea why you bring birthright into it as I hadn't mentioned it and I agree in that regard anyway. I was referring only to this show. Yes as well to your comment re his flaws.

Merv: I'll chop your head off with a machete.
Me: I've seen your step ups.
Merv: I'll chop your head off with a machete
Me: Judging by those tuckshop arms you have swinging there, Merv, you're going to need to focus on your upper body strength before you attempt that...

Merv: I'll chop your head off with a machete
Me: Judging by those tuckshop arms you have swinging there, Merv, you're going to need to focus on your upper body strength before you attempt that...
All the best with finding a home that fits the bill.

so like ok, do people actually really and truly eat ostrich rectum?

Because Joel would appeal to the demographic supposedly and would be one of the 'cool' kids. Merv is seen as fair game to be teased, however he rises to the occasion every time. He deserves respect.

What makes you say that?

And why do flightless (or even flying) birds need feathers 'there'. It looked like a sarlacc pit.

Why do humans have hair there? to be a inconvenience and a source of embarrassment, mother nature giggling her fat bosom over it

What makes you say that?
There would be a reason why Joel's whatever it was was swept under the foliage and Merv's wasn't. I was saying that they'd be biased towards Joel and have him come across as a young up and comer whereas Merv is the old warhorse. Does that make sense? I don't explain things well. Apparantly though I have no idea what I'm talking about so forget it.

Even though Merv's threats are no more realistic than Joel's, society has different standards regarding violence towards women and violence towards men. Also, for a number of (quite possibly unfair) reasons, people would generally regard Joel as presenting a less credible threat of violence than Merv.

Apparantly though I have no idea what I'm talking about so forget it.

Seriously?!

It's okay for me to disagree with you, Khun Khun. It doesn't mean I'm right. It just means I have a different view.

You feel Merv Hughes deserves respect and I feel in this case, respect should be earned.

No need to transport yourself to victimise martyr over the fact our interruptation of a highly edited reality program is different.

did noone else find Maureen trying (repeatedly) to kiss Anna last night very awkward viewing - I almost thought they'd smuggled in some alcohol!!

I was more offended by the "woman" than the idle threat which I felt got an over reaction ... I thought at first Chrissie was reacting to the "woman" then saw others pick up on the violence aspect ... then it became an issue because they suddenly felt fear? it was almost as if it snowballed via chinese whispers around the camp.

as for the ostrich arse - are you kidding me? people eat that? well apparently they do - because when I googled I found out that another version of I'm a .... from the UK in 2012 served up the same thing - and they ate it

but all of the links that came up were for tucker trials for this show and journalists writing about it ... so I want proof REAL people actually eat this and it isn't just the idea of some sadistic prick in production!! After going through 7 pages of links in google I lost interest ... and its lunchtime so I don't think I really want to know anyway ...

the-awkward-moment-as-they-back-away-from-you-slowly.gif

You have not taken notice that I said he had earned and therefore deserved respect after I corrected my choice of deserve over earn in the first comment I made. Yes, we can disagree and should disagree but while you are more in someone's face in your disagreeing I tend to go the other way and me saying what I said was my version of a little bit of sarcasm or facetiousness.

Back