Skip to main content

My Kitchen Rules 2015

...I may have already said this before I'm not sure... in past seasons Pete and Manu used to be 'good cop/bad cop' type of people when it came to judging meals... I feel that Pete used to be the 'bad cop' in the years of past but this year it seems to be Manu that has taken on the role of the 'bad cop' to me at least... he seems to be quite harsh with them at times... I'm not sure as to what made them change the roles but I have definitely noticed it myself... have any of you noticed it too or is it my imagination?... just asking... cheers.
The don't seem very engaged in my opinion.

I am finding them both to be quite aloof this season.

I know!

Such a stupid thing to do.

And I would think quail and salad go together like wearing a bikini on a winters day!

And why no taster?!

I like these boys, but if you can't even bake a brownie mix, get the fuck out!

Makes you wonder whether the producers wanted the attention of a Hemsworth more than the attention of a good cook.

Ridiculous cook off.

...BINGO!... you nailed it right on the head there Trala!... cheers.

Reactions: Tee
The don't seem very engaged in my opinion.

I am finding them both to be quite aloof this season.

...someone elsewhere in these forums said that the quality of the cooking is not up to par this year as it has been in previous seasons... they could be right from what I am beginning to see... perhaps Pete and Manu are seeing the same thing... it would explain for me as to why Manu seems like the 'bad cop' this season... perhaps he's worried that the ratings could begin to suffer because of this very thing?...

...myself and some of my relatives are now watching 'I'm a celebrity get me outta here' and are taping 'MKR'... perhaps that's becoming a bit of a trend elsewhere?... even so... Pete and Manu would not have been aware of that... MKR was taped months ago... but as I say... maybe they could sense it that the quality was not quite what it should be at the time?... it'll be interesting to see if the cooking quality improves... cheers.

...someone elsewhere in these forums said that the quality of the cooking is not up to par this year as it has been in previous seasons... they could be right from what I am beginning to see... perhaps Pete and Manu are seeing the same thing... it would explain for me as to why Manu seems like the 'bad cop' this season... perhaps he's worried that the ratings could begin to suffer because of this very thing?...

...myself and some of my relatives are now watching 'I'm a celebrity get me outta here' and are taping 'MKR'... perhaps that's becoming a bit of a trend elsewhere?... even so... Pete and Manu would not have been aware of that... MKR was taped months ago... but as I say... maybe they could sense it that the quality was not quite what it should be at the time?... it'll be interesting to see if the cooking quality improves... cheers.

At the start of the season, Pete Evans was saying that this was the best season ever. Whether he actually believes that or it's just hype remains to be seen.

A quick google search reveals he said the same sort of thing here :
"I think it’s more captivating, it’s more engaging, the food is a hell of a lot better and we are giving the viewers more of what they want – which is more instant restaurants."
https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/new-idea/a/26171649/pete-and-manu-tell-outrage-tears-and-triumph/

I was really disappointed with last nights episode, so much that I didnt finish watching it. Who cooks something that they have never cooked before?? And personally I would of made at least 2 extra quails so that I can taste it. Ugh it's frustrating watching silly choices being made. In saying that, I understand how difficult it must be and the pressure they are under

I was really disappointed with last nights episode, so much that I didnt finish watching it. Who cooks something that they have never cooked before?? And personally I would of made at least 2 extra quails so that I can taste it. Ugh it's frustrating watching silly choices being made. In saying that, I understand how difficult it must be and the pressure they are under
Totally agree!!

...I'm just going to say it... I really cannot stand Adam... he is really giving me the irrits!... the big headed twat!... cheers.

I am looking forward to watching these two cook tonight.

I find the daughter super unlikable. I think the contestants I like the least are John Wankenroe and the daughter who will be cooking tonight.

I thought Mother and Son cooked quite well.

I am finding both judges to be seriously disinterested. Did anyone notice while the contestants were dancing and giggling up a storm, the judges were no where to be seen?

Both chefs need to remember, the contestants are the heart of MKR.

I find the daughter super unlikable. I think the contestants I like the least are John Wankenroe and the daughter who will be cooking tonight.

I am finding both judges to be seriously disinterested. Did anyone notice while the contestants were dancing and giggling up a storm, the judges were no where to be seen?

...that is such a true statement Trala... they seemed to have lost the 'spark' that used to make this a great show in my opinion... as I have stated before... I tape this show and watch 'I'm a celeb' live... this is the first year of MKR that I'm not glued to the seat and watching it...

...I thought that the mother and son did a great on their first run last night... I think that the next time they will do so much better than they did last night... and yes... this mother and daughter will probably go down faster than Linda Lovelace... or at least... I hope so... the daughter is like the other mob that went last week... she had better be good after all of her bragging on how good they will be...

...hahaha!... John Wankeroe!!!...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:... such an apt name!!!!!... so true!!!... I don't like him either... he's such a bragger too... (his wife isn't too bad as far as I'm concerned)...

...one thing that I did like about last night's show is that when it came to Thor and not-so-Thor to give the mother and son an overall score for their cooking they gave them one of the highest scores for it amongst the group... even though they are on the bottom!... now that is fair gamesmanship in my books... they could've easily given them a shit score and perhaps bumped themselves up from the bottom rung on the ladder... but they didn't... good on them for that!... fair play is not dead and buried in this day and age after all!... cheers.

Thor and unThor were easily the worst cooks to ever be put on the show!

Sweet guys for sure, but shit cooks.

They are my 2 least fav too. Wonder how the mother/ daughter will go, I'm hoping they bomb out.. I would say the judges prob don't sit there all evening, would love to know the behind the scenes goings on

They are my 2 least fav too. Wonder how the mother/ daughter will go, I'm hoping they bomb out.. I would say the judges prob don't sit there all evening, would love to know the behind the scenes goings on
Same!

Her lank lifeless hair extensions annoys the shit out of me too!!

...John Wankeroe is looking a tad bit worried about the mother and daughters scores isn't he?... cheers.

The MKR Austin Power's mate and the MKR Clark Kent would be my dream team ;)

I was wondering where the good looking ones were this season.

That mother really did look unwell. She needs a full check up stat!!!!

I just love Colin! That accent is so super sexy![DOUBLEPOST=1424293556][/DOUBLEPOST]
Looks like the mother has done her back in or something. She looks in pain
You know you need to address your basic fitness level when you 'do your back' bending to look in the oven!!

...I'm just going to say it... I really cannot stand Adam... he is really giving me the irrits!... the big headed twat!... cheers.

...it's the day after I made this comment... nothings changed... as a matter of fact... I could easily hit him across that smug face of his with a frying pan!... (not that I condone violence of course)... but yeah... I could... (seriously... so you played against Jim Courier and other well known tennis players once or twice... big whoop-de-fuckin'-doo!)... shut up with all of the tennis references already you tossing wanker!!!... ("yeah... they won the first set... there are two sets to play")...

...I really hope that he bombs out big time against the first round of people... I really do!... I'd like to see Colin Fassnidge rip him a new one... I really would!... :mad::punch::rage:... (rant over)... cheers.

Back