Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey can anyone recommend some good pillows? Anyone know if those bambillo pillows are ok? I did a bit of a search ....... but would love some Real Time people feedback ...........

...hey hooleydooley... I've got one of these...

sobakawacloudpillow.jpg
...a Sobakawa cloud pillow... it's the best pillow that I've ever had in my life... I suffer back and neck problems big time... (all that shagging in my youth lol!)... the one I have is about 3/4 the size of a normal normal pillow but yeah... absolutely brilliant my friend... I will never go back to any other pillow for sure... I can't remember the price but it was sure worth every cent!... I hope that I've helped... cheers.

Good morning OT Thread!

I am planning a beautiful day today!

I am going to pump up the tunes, clean my house, strip my bed, and put on my favouite sheet and doona set. Then its off to lunch with some of my favourite girls, then I am going to squeeze in a walk for my best friend, Billy. I have organised for my son and his partner to come for a 3 course MKR Trala style. Then I am going to love on my beautiful partner till he farts love hearts.

I figure if I die on the operating table tomorrow, I need to make sure today is the best Humpday ever!!!!!!!!!!!

But first a coffee and a forum catch up!

I figure if I die on the operating table tomorrow, I need to make sure today is the best Humpday ever!!!!!!!!!!!

...Trala you better not die on the operating table tomorrow... if you do I'll never talk to you again!... oh wait... lol!... you have a great day today and good luck for tomorrow sweetness... I do expect that you will report to us straight away on how the op went won't you?... now lets see.. let me figure this out...

...Trala gets the last stitch sewn up... gets all cleaned up... (that will probably take about ... hmm... let's see... 3 minutes and 20 seconds)... get's wheeled into the recovery room... (that'll take about 1 minute 10 seconds)... Trala will awaken about 4 minutes and 40 seconds later... Trala calls out to a nurse for a laptop... (another 3 minutes and 30 seconds later after setting it all up)... Trala gets her Internet connection up... (1 minute exactly)... Trala logs in... (20 seconds)... Trala types message and sends... (another 2 minutes and 40 seconds added onto the whole thing)... now let's tally that all up shall we?...

...so that works out that you will have sent us a report on your health exactly 16 minutes and 40 seconds straight after the last stitch then!... right... now all we need to know is... what time is your operation?... how long is it anticipated that the operation will take?...

... if we know the time of the op... add the length of the operation... add the 16 minutes and 40 seconds to that... add the decimal point... carry the 4 seconds leeway in my calculations... add GST and divide it by the speed of the rotation of the Earth on it's axis then we will know exactly when to log in to see your progress!!!!!!... easy!!!!... you don't have to thank me peoples... it was my pleasure...

...seriously sweetness... everything will go great tomorrow... I can feel it in my water!... I'll be thinking of you:)... cheers.

Good morning OT Thread!

I am planning a beautiful day today!

I am going to pump up the tunes, clean my house, strip my bed, and put on my favouite sheet and doona set. Then its off to lunch with some of my favourite girls, then I am going to squeeze in a walk for my best friend, Billy. I have organised for my son and his partner to come for a 3 course MKR Trala style. Then I am going to love on my beautiful partner till he farts love hearts.

But first a coffee and a forum catch up!

Wait Wait Wait! Shouldn't HE be cooking you dinner pre op?

Wait Wait Wait! Shouldn't HE be cooking you dinner pre op?
My partner may be many things, but a cook ain't one!!

Poor man is taking tomorrow and Friday off work to "nurse" me. Given that I have absolutely no pain tolerance and I am like a dying duck in a thunderstorm when in the slightest discomfort, I don't envy his position.

How is this for lovely? My Case Manager from Workcover called to wish me luck. I know it must be standard procedure, but it really meant a lot to me.

I know this is really silly, given we are both nurses and know the risk is very slight, but I am super fucking nervous!!

My partner may be many things, but a cook ain't one!!

Poor man is taking tomorrow and Friday off work to "nurse" me. Given that I have absolutely no pain tolerance and I am like a dying duck in a thunderstorm when in the slightest discomfort, I don't envy his position.

How is this for lovely? My Case Manager from Workcover called to wish me luck. I know it must be standard procedure, but it really meant a lot to me.

I know this is really silly, given we are both nurses and know the risk is very slight, but I am super fucking nervous!!

Thats really nice! Of course be nervous, very different on the other side, hard not being in control too!

You'll be bendy in no time, but I will be thinking of you of course! x

Thanks guys!

Very simple and straight forward procedure, but sadly nurses see first hand how simple procedures can go awry, so it makes me a tad over-sensitive.

I would really appreciate the prayer, Bleachy.

My day has been super! My bolognese sauce is reducing beautifully as I type, and my table is prettily set!

Today has really made me reflect. We should probably treat every day like its our last. Life really is precious.

Thanks guys!

Very simple and straight forward procedure, but sadly nurses see first hand how simple procedures can go awry, so it makes me a tad over-sensitive.

I would really appreciate the prayer, Bleachy.

My day has been super! My bolognese sauce is reducing beautifully as I type, and my table is prettily set!

Today has really made me reflect. We should probably treat every day like its our last. Life really is precious.
I will certainly pray.

I early lost my life in a simple procedure. Life is absolutely precious.

Reactions: Tee
Thanks trala and sticky for the pillow advice. I am heading to town on Friday, so I'll go to Adairs and check them both out!

Oh, and all the best for the OP

Ignorance is bliss sometimes huh! You know Im here for your recovery, and sending you positives xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back