Skip to main content

Priya Appreciation Society

I don't think you were trolling, but I will admit I was disappointed to see you there, specifically because of what you say about people who come here and say things about Priya. Your comment about David was bitchy and derogatory, it wasn't nice. And it was exactly the thing you say you'd never do, so yes. I was disappointed. I actually agree that appreciation threads should be where fans can enjoy their mutual liking of a hm in peace which is why I don't say things negative about hm's in them. Especially since you made the comment after Dave visited so he's most likely to read it, was not one bit nice.
Seriously? you are comparing l.a.r.a with nasty trolls?

Seriously? you are comparing l.a.r.a with nasty trolls?

I don't think she is a troll at all and I've said that.
Look, I posted a reply to @l.a.r.a in here not to follow her and start up but because she was talking about it, and I disagreed about it being nice. That's it. It wasn't a big drama, it was each other stating our viewpoint on it. I thought it was done. I'm sure lara wants it to be done as much as me, so please, just go back to appreciating Priya?

@l.a.r.a, my intent wasn't to hurt your feelings. I still think you're a great member here, it was just a difference of opinion. I am not a mean person and I take no pleasure in making someone feel bad, so please know it was just one issue, not a reflection on what I think of you at all.

I had just replied to Lara's post with her image about what it looked like it put someone on ignore because it had interested me... I've never used that feature before (wish I had now)
I thought I was being called a troll, so joked I was returning the visit after some Pristians had popped over to visit David's thread earlier in the day, and some had even trolled on SM...

Last edited:
you guys are not the only ones who will get upset, maybe I don't voice how I feel, but there have been many times that I have felt upset.

You made your message loud and clear.

Goodbye

I apologize to the fans of this thread who felt I disrupted their peace
I'm sure you have been upset many times just like there has been many times I've been many times I've been upset when I've never said a word. Apparently that's just how it goes. Although now I've been encouraged to use the ignore function so that's getting farther and fewer in between thankfully and it's something I'd suggest for anyone else who feels that way.

I get what's happening here for the past few weeks and while I can't stand it... I'd just prefer if you lot would target me than say someone like Lara. Disagree with what she says - come have a go at me in another one. Say I held a gun to her head to type those words, say whatever... this horseshit from thread to thread and especially when multiple people pile on aka @Veronica2005 with her passive aggressive crap - I know how to handle. Lara doesn't and she doesn't deserve it. Send it my way because y'all know I'll send it right back and forget about it tomorrow.

Not everyone has the same makeup though and you (collective) hurt her and now she's apparently gone. And even though we all had to defend our 'friendships' earlier this year as most of us hadn't met face to face, I do know and trust that the people involved are better than that.

This whole thing is beyond a joke now. I'm stunned that two soon to be forever forgotten HMs have managed to cause a rift like this and it's really upsetting. I went from checking here every 15 mins to every hour to once a day if I'm lucky and I'm a hard bitch. Imagine if you aren't one.

Just be kinder to each other. No pile ons. No passive aggressive bullshit. Who cares about these people... they'll be done and dusted and hopefully soon we'll have new ones to worry about. So not worth it.

I can't believe people are actually trying to vilify @Insomniac and @Sweetgeek here. I just went and read the exchange and they didn't "follow" @l.a.r.a in here at all. Lara posted about it and they responded to her and discussed the issue in the nicest way possible. Just as we know how lovely Lara is, you won't find two more understanding or sweet people on here than those two. Seriously. I find people trying to use Lara 's situation here for their own agenda ridiculous. This was such a non-issue.
Anyway, sorry, that's all I wanted to say.
Good night all.

Last edited:
Omg. I didn't know you guys don't use ignore. I have tons of people on ignore, not as a mean thing, but if I see them make mean comments or whatever to anyone. I thought everyone did that. I figured people who didn't like me just put me on ignore as well.

I never knew it wasn't standard practice.
Edit:
Just counted and I have 56 people on ignore. The vast majority are people who were new and posted 2 or 3 posts. The forum allows you to choose to read comments if you want and you can always unignore people. I have ignored a couple of people who I felt were irritating me, because I don't like to get mad over posts on a forum. But I can read it later if I want, usually I no longer care.

I really thought everyone did this. It certainly isn't meant to be a personal thing.

Last edited:
Omg. I didn't know you guys don't use ignore. I have tons of people on ignore, not as a mean thing, but if I see them make mean comments or whatever to anyone. I thought everyone did that. I figured people who didn't like me just put me on ignore as well.

I never did until a few weeks ago and it was the best thing I ever did. Chase me from thread to thread, troll me, etc... you're on ignore. It makes me smile to think that people are posting their heartfelt msgs on here and I have no clue what they're saying. ;)

I don't think she is a troll at all and I've said that.
Look, I posted a reply to @l.a.r.a in here not to follow her and start up but because she was talking about it, and I disagreed about it being nice. That's it. It wasn't a big drama, it was each other stating our viewpoint on it. I thought it was done. I'm sure lara wants it to be done as much as me, so please, just go back to appreciating Priya?

@l.a.r.a, my intent wasn't to hurt your feelings. I still think you're a great member here, it was just a difference of opinion. I am not a mean person and I take no pleasure in making someone feel bad, so please know it was just one issue, not a reflection on what I think of you at all.
I hope you do sort it out. appreciate the reply

I had just replied to Lara's post with her image about what it looked like it put someone on ignore because it had interested me... I've never used that feature before (wish I had now)
I thought I was being called a troll, so joked I was returning the visit after some Pristians had popped over to visit David's thread earlier in the day, and some had even trolled on SM...
i don't get this fan based david v priya thing. am sure they have moved on. wish many others could.

I never did until a few weeks ago and it was the best thing I ever did. Chase me from thread to thread, troll me, etc... you're on ignore. It makes me smile to think that people are posting their heartfelt msgs on here and I have no clue what they're saying. ;)
The other thing is that the argument, if there is one, dies out because you aren't responding. That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Me, mostly I'm just ignoring content I'm not interested in.

Edit:
Just counted and I have 56 people on ignore. The vast majority are people who were new and posted 2 or 3 posts. The forum allows you to choose to read comments if you want and you can always unignore people. I have ignored a couple of people who I felt were irritating me, because I don't like to get mad over posts on a forum. But I can read it later if I want, usually I no longer care.

I really thought everyone did this. It certainly isn't meant to be a personal thing.
I've never used the ignore feature and only recently turned off signatures, when a spammer keep trolling David's thread over and over with Priya's voting details in large coloured writing to piss us off... it sorted out that problem:)

The other thing is that the argument, if there is one, dies out because you aren't responding. That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Me, mostly I'm just ignoring content I'm not interested in.
You'd think that in a normal world but instead they just chase you from thread to thread. I've had like 50+ notifications about recipe threads and I'm like nah, if I post my Baba's recipe it'll turn into a big debate about two ex HMs. Hence why I only respond to notifications now and will stop posting here once those die out.

No thread is safe and it shouldn't be like that.[DOUBLEPOST=1418220473][/DOUBLEPOST]
Guys... It's been fun :)

But I think I'm done with this thread.

Love you all xo
And another one is gone.

Franky, you know where to find us girl xo

Fuck this shit.

Edit:

OMG 56 people WOW I would feel like I was missing out if I had even just one person on ignore, but hey each to their own....:)

@l.a.r.a I'm sad to see that you have decided to leave... I'll miss your Priya pictures... How you manged to come up with the ideas behind them I will never know :artist:... and I just wanted to thank you one last time for making my Inigo AVI... Inigo looks so much better when he is moving...:p I hope if BB comes back next year, you do also return....:)

And @Mrs Butterface and @Frankyfurt I'm just letting you know about 2 up and coming threads... they are the talk of the town:D :p...

http://www.behindbigbrother.com/forums/threads/vice.51114/

http://www.behindbigbrother.com/forums/threads/the-princess-bride-appreciation-society.53790/

You and anyone else are more than welcome to come in and make as many poss as you like...:)

I've never used it and only recently turned off signatures, when a spammer keep trolling David's thread over and over with Priya's voting details in large coloured writing
I didnt know you can turn off signature. I also didn't know that people don't use ignore. I use it mostly to manage content, but also to ignore people who will irritate me that I don't care about responding to.

OMG 56 people WOW I would feel like I was missing out if I had even just one person on ignore, but hey each to their own....:)

@l.a.r.a I'm sad to see that you have decided to leave... I'll miss your Priya pictures... How you manged to come up with the ideas behind them I will never know :artist:... and I just wanted to thank you one last time for making my Inigo AVI... Inigo looks so much better when he is moving...:p I hope if BB comes back next year, you do also return....:)

And @Mrs Butterface and @Frankyfurt I'm just letting you know about 2 up and coming threads... they are the talk of the town:D :p...

http://www.behindbigbrother.com/forums/threads/vice.51114/

http://www.behindbigbrother.com/forums/threads/the-princess-bride-appreciation-society.53790/

You and anyone else are more than welcome to come in and make as many poss as you like...:)
I know. Lol.
I just thought that's what everyone did. But almost all of them are people who were in the daily threads and after a couple of posts it seemed they were just there to troll. Some are from last year.

I don't feel I miss anything I care about because I can choose to see ignored content. And I 've taken people off ignore when I see that I misjudged them.

This made me sad.

To continue the EXODUS, I am declaring that I too have decided to leave Behind Big Brother. I feel that this forum has finally fallen to temptation, and I declare this MY last judgement. This forum's behavioural standards have truly disintegrated, and unfortunately the mods (for their own personal reasons) have been scant. The flood of hate and disrespect has driven me to flee, I've found sanctuary elsewhere and am finally boarding the ark to a new season next year, one that is hopefully a much happier place.

All religious imagery aside (a bit of a joke as a "pick-me-up"), I truly do not feel welcome here anymore. Indeed I am new to this forum, and I have relatively few posts to my name compared to others here. I did thoroughly enjoy the discussion that this forum promoted and, after much lurking, decided to share my own thoughts. Since shortly prior to David's eviction, I stated that I felt that this forum had become toxic and that I had seriously considered leaving. I was convinced by others to stay. However, I have truly reduced my input on this forum. Apart from a few posts in this thread, and posts elsewhere, I have for the most part remained away from discussion. That which has kept me here are the bonds I have created with other posters. Post-season, I really only ever looked at threads when linked by people to do so, and was here due to PM's I received. Now, I have realised that I can no longer stay here.

Before leaving, I feel I have a few more things to say - another essay to add to my collection - so please bear with me.

I have read much of what has occurred between "David fans" and "Priya fans", in both Appreciation Threads - the first time I visited the DAT in a LONG time. I am now reading everything after its occurrence, and I feel I have a somewhat more objective outlook. Please note that this is still subjectively my opinion. I do not feel that Lara was in there having a go at anyone, including David. She was just giving her opinion about the show in general, but I see that it could have been construed differently.

However, she came to post in the PAT (only posting NOT because she was wanting to continue her DAT comments, but to negate the comments made by AntiGretel [like she told me elsewhere at the time] as she didn't want the last comment to be silly) and her ambitions were wrongly construed. Subsequently, two posters who have CONTINUOUSLY (T&J) posted in this thread took aim at her. As more and more people joined, unfortunately, I believe that everyone began to misconstrue what everyone else was saying.

Now I will move on to how I have felt personally on this forum recently. I'm aware that I have voiced controversial opinions at times, but I am adamant that I have always maintained a respectful manner in doing so - and this has been confirmed by some "David fans" who I have shared private messages with. However, to see people attack me for those opinions, instead of what I've actually said, truly struck a nerve. I posted about what I thought was something serious and some people trivialised that, disrespecting it completely, and to those I say that I will NEVER respect you. Those who cannot respect others are the worst examples of people that one can find in our society.

But yes, to be personally attacked for what I have said has truly hurt me. To then see people make snide remarks about me in other threads, often where I haven't even posted, has made it all the more difficult. To have people dehumanise me and degrade me has truly disgusted me. One particular post springs to mind. I was labelled as something that has a negate perception in Australian society. To have someone insult and degrade my intelligence and trivialise what I had said made me lose faith in this forum as a whole. I'm finding this a bit hard to talk to, so I won't say another word on it.

Thankfully, the ignore feature has worked wonderfully. I'd have at least a dozen people on ignore now, most of them are David fans and I'm not ashamed to say it. Several fans, definitely not all as some are truly sweet and caring people, have exhibited qualities that I would avoid in real life at all costs. In fact, I contacted moderators asking if there was a way for me or the mods to enact a feature that is akin to "blocking" someone on Facebook, thereby as if they never existed to me and I never existed to them. Unfortunately, this is not so, but I believe it is a NECESSITY on this website.

And now on to another controversial opinion. Last night I began reading every single post in the Priya Appreciation Thread to quote the inappropriate behaviour by people here who chose to attack Priya's supporters, not even the HM, and to prove that the poor behaviour on this forum was started by others, some of them David fans, here and carried across other threads. However, I realised this is pointless because I'll just be told that I am wrong and attacked for it. So YES, I believe that the poor behavioural standards on this website began with trolls in this thread AND some David fans - definitely NOT ALL, NOT the majority. Ideally I would tag them, but I do not want to give them the impetus to attack me and most are on ignore for a reason. So from here I will refer to them as the "David trolls" and mention some (not all) much-loved David fans as exceptions later.

These David trolls have not only attacked Priya here, but done it in a disrespectful manner. I suppose it's quite smart to do it here, as an Appreciation Thread cannot be deleted as a HATE thread. However, it evidently is not appropriate. YES, we have all been guilty of making negative comments in an appreciation thread, BUT there is a difference between negativity/criticism and being wholly unreasonable and disrespectful. These David trolls made their comments here, and it was not that that got many Priya fans angry. It was seeing other David fans not post here but LIKE the disrespectful posts of the David trolls. I have friends on this forum who have been rude, and I have not liked their posts when they've done so. By liking it, you've now implied that you agree with it. I'll like a negative comment but not a disrespectful one. Unfortunately, some people have done that here, and it's passively aggressive and inappropriate. I don't believe I've ever liked a negative comment about David in the DAT except those surrounding the one occurrence that I posted and even then I did so sparingly. To see some David fans consistently coming in here to like negative comments has been very disappointing.

So yes, I believe this is what has pushed some Priya fans to resort to swearing and personal attacks recently - completely in response to those of certain David trolls. It has also led these Priya fans to have a wider disdain for all David fans, as some of his fans have liked the inappropriate posts of the trolls. I also believe that the involvement of families this year, on both sides, has personalised the rivalries more than ever (I was a lurker the past two seasons, so I have noticed).

I think we are all, including me, too scared to tell off those disrespectful people supporting the same HMs as us. We are blinded by the personal connections we form with them privately, and subconsciously choose to ignore their poor behaviour. At times I have told Priya fans they've taken it too far, and at times I wish I'd done so where I remained quiet. It's something we all need to work on.

I was going to talk more about this, but I doubt my message will get through anyway. So now I'd just like to thank people, and I'll start with non-Pristians.
@JordanS We truly started off on a very bad foot, but I've come to respect you and am grateful for what you bring to this forum. You're a really nice guy, and I've appreciated getting to know you a little in our PMs.
@Kismet You're someone who has often posted comments that are the COMPLETE opposite to mine. They've often pissed me off , but I've always appreciated your input. You've always been respectful, and I thank you for that. I was shocked by your comments in relation to the "employment saga" and am thankful that you've now dropped this. Even if you still believe in its validity, I hope you realise it's one of those opinions best kept to yourself. I truly still respect you, and am thankful for what you have shared with me in our PMs.
@Gemini We haven't had much correspondence, but I'd like to thank you for the apology that you made to me after having a go at me in a thread. I do believe that was the exception to your presence here, and have enjoyed many of your insightful posts throughout the forum. You are clearly a caring person, and I'd love to get to know you better next season - hopefully we are on the same "side" HAHA.
@Sweetgeek You are a lovely and considerate person. I'm honoured to have had the pleasure of chatting to you in our PMs and you're someone who I know that I can always talk to. You've helped me calm down at times, and cheered me up at other times. It's been great being able to talk a bit to someone in the "David fans" camp who has helped me see things more objectively and perhaps passed on what I've said in a more objective way to others. Thank you for all of your kind words, you truly are a sweet geek
clip_image002.png
@David's beard Thank you for what you said to me in our PMs, it was good to see that yet another person could be added to my list of a few that strived for a higher moral standard. Thank you for confronting those David fans who exhibited inappropriate behaviour and thank you for maintaining respect throughout the forum. I hope you continue to enjoy your Weetbix
clip_image004.png
@Connoisseur We've never actually talked, but I'd just like to say some stuff. Firstly, despite your propensity to make comments that are clearly provocative, I can picture your face every time with a broad smirk. I love your input on this website, and you are clearly a very funny guy. And now I'm going to tell you a little (yet not-so-little anymore) secret: as a lurker, YOU were my favourite poster on this forum AND I never even knew who @MADONNA was until the Pristianity stuff - this pissed him off SO MUCH. Hopefully, this puts a little smirk on your face.

And now: THANKYOU @Moomin, @l.a.r.a, @BBfan-, @MADONNA, @Lightning McQueen, @timmydownawell, @Mrs Butterface, @Mercy, @Frankyfurt and @the Theorist. You have truly been amazing and incredible people. We are a diverse bunch, and it's been a pleasure being able to share myself with you in a greater capacity. I know that regardless of the future, we will all maintain a connection that may have been brought about by a HM but was strengthened by our respect for one another. I've had a tough year, and talking to some of you on Skype at 3 in the morning has been hilariously good fun. I'm glad that we've all reduced our input here, and have moved to where we can escape and share more with one another. I love that I can share what I'm doing each day with all of you, and we have truly become friends. I LOVE YOU ALL.

In particular, thank you @MADONNA. You were the first person I chatted to on this forum via PM, and you have truly been a great friend to me. Although our chat began by you hitting on me and trying to not-so-subtly work out if I was gay (you wish honey xoxo), I've been able to share so much with you and I'm so grateful for everything. We've shared many laughs and many personal moments, and you've managed to touch me in many ways - but not the one you so badly crave.
@Mrs Butterface You've been like a mother to me. You're such a mummy! You're truly an incredible and wonderful person. Although you can be a bit hot-tempered (hehe), you are a very wise and caring woman. I appreciate being able to get to know you so well, and even getting an insight into your family life. Please continue being unapologetically Mrs B, because you are one of a kind. See you in March baby!
@the Theorist Although we only began chatting extensively quite recently, I have truly cherished every moment. You're such an easy person to talk to, and you always manage to put a smile on my face. It's been great talking to you, and if you get your ass on Skype more I can't wait to get to know you even more.

If you don't agree with something I've said, I'd rather that you just kept it to yourself or respectfully PM'd me. As I've said though, I am leaving this website and will only come back when linked by someone - as I did with the disastrous Ask Prisus thread. So if you PM me, apart from the next 24 hours, you probably won't get a reply any time soon sorry.

Now, I'm off to enjoy my last night in Rome. I can't believe I've used up so much time worrying about this Forum instead of enjoying myself more. I know that most of you are probably asleep, so when you wake up (after what I hope was a lovely sleep) I hope you can all appreciate what I've had to say.

To everyone that I don't have on ignore, I hope you have a wonderful summer and a memorable Holiday Season/New Years. I wish you all the best in all of your endeavours, enjoy every moment and cherish those around you. I look forward to friendlier debates with all of you next year. Bisous!

Back