Status
Not open for further replies.
edjlower
4 hours ago
|| Hanging for the weekend ||#humpday

10817935_317606985108661_2054482578_n.jpg

tee_smyth
20 hours ago
When I was little, Christmas was my favourite time of year. My parents worked their assess off for long hours every year so that myself and my two younger brothers had everything we could ever want. There was always a big, real Xmas tree, a huge lunch with all the trimmings and Grandma's special Xmas shortbread.
When mum got sick 14 years ago, Christmas got a little darker.
Now, we either spend it at her care home, or together at Dad's- heartbreakingly aware of the missing face at the dinner table.
For the past six or so years, my friends have picked up the slack. Between Christmas tree decorating at @piper_piper's with @sinister.kid (tree pictured) to Xmas feast at @meagsdavis or our annual Bad Santa event in Annandale... There's the mothers who have stepped in and made sure I felt appropriately smothered- @becmitchell71 and Sandra, @tahliafarrant's mum.. And the families who have opened their homes to me, including me in all their special, weird and wonderful Christmas traditions (@scarf and @sophiavandoros)- to all of you and everyone in between- thank you for keeping the Christmas magic alive for me. ❤️

10817693_746362035441119_2133868979_n.jpg

Mike Goldman ‏@mikegoldmantv 1h Los Angeles, CA
Congrats to @BenFromBrisbane on an awesome review for his and probobly the first ever #bbau housemate stage show. http://www.moustachemagazine.com/2014/12/ben-from-brisbane-wandered-on-stage-and-gave-us-a-hell-of-a-great-show/…

Ben From Brisbane Wandered On Stage And Gave Us A Hell Of A Great Show
moustachemag | December 10, 2014
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on pinterest_shareMore Sharing Services2

Source: GlowBored

Words by Matt Huxley

BEN from Brisbane’s first ever show kicked off at the Powerhouse last night and fucking hell was it amazing. A Quiet Night In With Ben was one of the strongest theatre premieres that I’ve had the pleasure of being invited to, and I swear I’m not just saying that. Ain’t nobody got time to lie!

The evening kicked off with a rushed phone call from Ben’s agent, Jeremy Hansen, 10 minutes before curtains up whilst I was knee deep in chilli jam and spiced chicken burgers at Da Burger around the corner from the Powerhouse. That’s an image for you.

But fortunately myself and my companion for the evening were in our seats before Ben walked onstage, looking, as he says of his time in the house, “like he’d just wandered on to the set.”

Ben is one of those people who just has this infectious charm about him. He can ramble and ramble and you just don’t give a fuck. Because he’s just real. If I could liken the show to a boat (yeah bear with me here) Ben would be the idealistic navigator, wanting to go where the sea took him, whilst Christopher Wayne, his co-host of sorts would be the driver of the boat, attempting to steer according to a schedule but knowing that he cannot (and does not want to) restrain the output of his navigator.

See it’s shit like this that I come up with when I write articles after midnight. #reallifecreative

Back on to the show. The Visy Theatre at the Powerhouse was packed. Mainly, it must be said, with middle aged women. But don’t think that this is a show for older guests. I was cracking up the entire time, with even Wayne losing his composure subtly a few times. Spliced in between video footage of Ben’s time on Big Brother, the show was a running discussion on a variety of topics including Big Brother, Bert and Patti Newton, “Straight” Ben, selfies, and navigating Grindr as a Gay man looking for a partner.

You find out how Ben felt during the “pool situation,” what backgrounds are best for a selfie in the lolly aisle, and why there is no tea on stage. All presented with Ben’s trademark enthusiasm and humour.

Ben truly is such a loveable person, and he should be incredibly proud of his first show. For someone who proclaimed how nervous they were, he was a seasoned professional and the hour passed in no time. In fact, the show could’ve been longer and I wouldn’t have minded.

Don’t be a basic bitch, go and see A Quiet Night In With Ben. You can book tickets through QPAC.

lawsonreeves91
5 hours ago
Things got heated the other day at the ambi pur big brother event. @benfrombrisbane care to #CleartheAir haha

10810061_1578867469013433_229077688_n.jpg

on twitter

1. Leon Murray ‏@leonjmurray 6h
    @LawsonReeves91 Shall I ready the Sanctuary tub for you..? Just say the word.

Reaper ‏@ReaperBBBA 4h
    .@leonjmurray @LawsonReeves91 sounds like something is about to be... afoot ;)

Lawson ‏@LawsonReeves91 25m
    @ReaperBBBA @leonjmurray all these rumours they've gotta make you laugh

Leon Murray ‏@leonjmurray now
    @LawsonReeves91 @ReaperBBBA Yes..... "rumours".....
    1f60f.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back