Skip to main content

BBB Members and Their Christmas Traditions

Tee

Naughty Fairy
Multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I want to share some of the meaning behind my Christmas!

I usually decorate on the 1st of December but traditions were made to be broken. I am working now for the next 6 days and I don't want to be tired and not appreciate the joy in the moment.

This is a reindeer that is displayed each year. My son made it in Year 1, 19 years on and as you can see, his legs have fallen off and he looks more like a Yule Turd. I just love him.

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

This is a Christmas Angel Milo made in Year 3. It literally looks like the Suicidal Angel of Death. He told me "you have to hang her up by her neck Mum", I worried for the next decade he would grow up to be a serial killer. So far, apart from his Martin Bryant looking hair, he is all good.

FullSizeRender (7).jpg FullSizeRender (1).jpg

This is my tree. It is actually 3 trees moulded into one. I bought this tree at my brokest 20 years ago. It was $19.99 from Target and I was determined that I would for once give my son a beautiful tree, rather than the random pines which were stolen from the side of the Bruce Highway, which would be dead 6 days before Christmas.

The original tree looks like a pathetic shedding shell of a tree, but when I add the 2 other tree pieces she soon plumps out. I bought the angel and many of the decorations that you see on the tree on the same day I bought the tree. They represent a very special time in both my and my sons life, and they are so precious to me.

My partner suggested we get a "new" tree and it was like he stabbed me in the heart!!

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

These are just other decorated parts of my house.

IMG_0027.JPG FullSizeRender (5).jpg FullSizeRender (4).jpg

This is my view of my tree each night. It fills me with joy just to look at it. The Santa was given to my son by his paternal grandmother. She actually knitted it for him when he was born. How it survived in such pristine condition is a Christmas miracle in itself. I have not seen her in over 23 years, and I would love to tell her I still have the Santa. Maybe next year I will.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I have had a lovely day reminiscing and handling precious mementos from many Christmases past.

I really hope to see and hear some Christmas traditions and special moments you might have, and thanks for sharing in mine.

:)

I usually decorate on the 1st of December but traditions were made to be broken. I am working now for the next 6 days and I don't want to be tired and not appreciate the joy in the moment.

This is a reindeer that is displayed each year. My son made it in Year 1, 19 years on and as you can see, his legs have fallen off and he looks more like a Yule Turd. I just love him.

View attachment 47075

This is a Christmas Angel Milo made in Year 3. It literally looks like the Suicidal Angel of Death. He told me "you have to hang her up by her neck Mum", I worried for the next decade he would grow up to be a serial killer. So far, apart from his Martin Bryant looking hair, he is all good.

View attachment 47076 View attachment 47077

This is my tree. It is actually 3 trees moulded into one. I bought this tree at my brokest 20 years ago. It was $19.99 from Target and I was determined that I would for once give my son a beautiful tree, rather than the random pines which were stolen from the side of the Bruce Highway, which would be dead 6 days before Christmas.

The original tree looks like a pathetic shedding shell of a tree, but when I add the 2 other tree pieces she soon plumps out. I bought the angel and many of the decorations that you see on the tree on the same day I bought the tree. They represent a very special time in both my and my sons life, and they are so precious to me.

My partner suggested we get a "new" tree and it was like he stabbed me in the heart!!

View attachment 47082

View attachment 47086 View attachment 47084 View attachment 47083

This is my view of my tree each night. It fills me with joy just to look at it. The Santa was given to my son by his paternal grandmother. She actually knitted it for him when he was born. How it survived in such pristine condition is a Christmas miracle in itself. I have not seen her in over 23 years, and I would love to tell her I still have the Santa. Maybe next year I will.

View attachment 47087

I have had a lovely day reminiscing and handling precious mementos from many Christmases past.

I really hope to see and hear some Christmas traditions and special moments you might have, and thanks for sharing in mine.

I love every bit of this!
Especially the Yule Turd and the Suicidal Angel of Death lol.
Memories and traditions are what make it special.

I have to say I am not a fan of Christmas at all. I am usually more of the "let's get this over with" persuasion.

But I don't violently object to the sight or sound of Christmas things or get annoyed at the cheer, but yeah I would gladly skip it.

Even my Jewish grandparents celebrate Christmas so there is no escape for me!

View attachment 47075

View attachment 47076 View attachment 47077

View attachment 47082

View attachment 47086 View attachment 47084 View attachment 47083

View attachment 47087

This is really special Tra
X

Sometimes I wish my family was more 'sentimental' and 'tradition' based.[DOUBLEPOST=1417156427][/DOUBLEPOST]
When Tina sings she sends a shiver up my spine.

But I like feeling miserable, I don't like feeling good.
Aw dude. I wanna give you a hug right now!

This is really special Tra
X

Sometimes I wish my family was more 'sentimental' and 'tradition' based.
Traditions and sentiment can start with you.

I grew up in a house that was tradtionless to say the least. There aren't even any real childhood photos of me or my brothers let alone keep sakes.

I have to say I am not a fan of Christmas at all. I am usually more of the "let's get this over with" persuasion.

But I don't violently object to the sight or sound of Christmas things or get annoyed at the cheer, but yeah I would gladly skip it.

Even my Jewish grandparents celebrate Christmas so there is no escape for me!
I am not huge on Christmas really.

My partner and I both work Christmas Day and Boxing Day so co workers with small children can enjoy the magic, Christmas dinner will be just the four of us. I will make sure it is delicious, but it is by no means a big day out.

The best thing about Christmas for me is having an excuse to bring out my special memories and hang them all over the house so I can enjoy looking at them each day during the month.

Back