Skip to main content

things i hate that everyone else loves

I just accept it as part of who I am.
At first I thought I was being childish, but as I studied more about gifted children and the ways they behave and learn, the more I realised that it is not a trait to be ashamed of at all. I wear it like a badge now. Yes many do not understand, but I've never really cared much about the opinions of others.
For those poor souls who care greatly about how others perceive them, it must be a nightmare.

I know. I feel like I am the stupid one, being precious and childish. Is there a name for this? Other than 'fussy eater' etc?

It never occurred to me that there might be. But maybe with more and more food intolerances being recognised a strong aversion to an entire group of foods might soon be seen as more than just being fussy.

I don't like Thai food. I don't know why, because I like food from all the countries around Thailand that use the same ingredients, but there is something about Thai food that makes me want to vom.

Comedies entirely based on "Men are different to women, tee hee" and their stereotypes.

Housemates fighting (either I like both and refuse to start disliking one, or the fight is over some trivial crap and they should shut-up and stop boring me).

Mint or spearmint invading dairy products milkshakes ice cream etc The green makes it appear that the cow suffered from an unfortunate infection.

Big Brother producers *always* casting white haired, orange skinned, pink and fluffy wearing, soft toy grasping, mirror addicts who play dumber than the level of dumb that they already, naturally are. E v e r y year, ffs!

Photos of Vegemite a smeared faces that make the poor child look like it's face-planted in a cow pat.

Advertisers that think "cu-cu-gg-e-ly" and other actual or played up kids' speech problems are amusing and cute, not annoying because they're exploitative and trying too hard.

The over-abundance of sweet drinks compared to the scarcity of spicy and savoury type drinks.

Big Brother conflicting with cricket (except T-20 which doesn't matter because it's not real cricket).

"I was like and she was like and it was like, so, like, they were like...". Why so non-committal? Why not say what something actually *was* instead of what it was "like"? Or is it that your descriptive vocab is so lacking that you can only communicate through mime?

I hate that no store carries bedding or couch covers that are already the exact colouring of my cat.

I am definitely in love with you. :inlove:

I don't like Thai food. I don't know why, because I like food from all the countries around Thailand that use the same ingredients, but there is something about Thai food that makes me want to vom.

Maybe it's the lemongrass that's in near EVERYTHING they cook?

Mosr fruit and vegetables. The texture of most I find really creepy, somehow. And I only eat it out of guilt or obligation. I also hate this about myself, because it means I have never looked forward to a dinner at someone's place, because I know I will probably be about to swallow down chuncks of stuff and trying to look normal while my skin is crawling.

Come to my place for dinner and I will make you a nice Carbonara.:)

could be coriander - I have got used to that flavour now, but hated it for a long time.

*Hot weather/summer (though I love the sun, just not the heat)
*Coke/Pepsi/Cola (give me lemonade anyday)
*Tomato sauce
*Milk
*Coffee
*Tea
*Shopping
*Pumpkins
*Avocados
*Anime (except for Chrono Crusade and some Miyazaki movies)
*Muscular men (a man's face should be adored not his abs)
*Footy (ew - soccer all the way)
*Ryan Gosling (he isn't attractive at all)
*Game of Thrones (don't really hate it but it's too overrated)
*Katy Perry, Rihanna and most of the mainstream pop crap
*Dogs (don't hate them actually, but I just don't like them and people treat better than humans such as myself too much)
*Rap

*Hot weather/summer (though I love the sun, just not the heat)
*Coke/Pepsi/Cola (give me lemonade anyday)
*Tomato sauce
*Milk
*Coffee
*Tea
*Shopping
*Pumpkins
*Avocados
*Anime (except for Chrono Crusade and some Miyazaki movies)
*Muscular men (a man's face should be adored not his abs)
*Footy (ew - soccer all the way)
*Ryan Gosling (he isn't attractive at all)
*Game of Thrones (don't really hate it but it's too overrated)
*Katy Perry, Rihanna and most of the mainstream pop crap
*Dogs (don't hate them actually, but I just don't like them and people treat better than humans such as myself too much)
*Rap

Highlighted with reason. What of Grave of the Fireflies?

Adults saying "jelly" for "jealous". They're both two syllable words, taking the same effort; why not choose the word that *doesn't* make you sound like a six year old?
And, the over-used term " haters". If you're an adult, you shouldn't be whining like ke a kid, and you probably need to learn about the wonderful diversity of human emotions that exist in all of us. It's not just adoration versus satanic death-wishing hate.

Back