Skip to main content

Was Ryan winning the ultimate proof this was a bad season?

if ryan was to win it might provide a great gimmick for the upcoming season of nines beloved Block :rolleyes:
i am still pretty confident skye can take this one though.

Terri's was rigged? How so? She won that fair and square!

Housemates vote out someone week one. They voted out Terri.

Big Brother brought her back because they lost their oldie. She had a mission involving Corey Worthington. She failed. They let her stay anyway.

In the final they were all, we aren't showing you the graphs with pictures. They said they weren't. It was her against Ben. They were like, 'We are now going to show you the graph with pictures. It's the last time.' They showed the graph. Ben was winning. The then said, 'so if you want nanna terri to win, vote.' The show dragged longer. They then against their word showed the graph again with pictures. Ben was still winning. They again pleaded for Terri. They then shortly after announced it was closed. Terri won.

So yeah, to me it was rigged. To get her back in the house and the final was a travesty. They delayed and were breaking their own rules to get her to win. Not to mention the fact she was a massive racist and Pauline Hanson supporter which never made the edit.

I've been seeing many people claim that Ryan is so boring, does nothing, etc. etc. when he clearly is a central character in the house and we have seen on numerous occasions him being hilarious and insightful, yeah there were more, lets say, controversial people who stirred the pot this season, but that doesn't mean he isn't deserving. Previous housemates are saying he's been the same since day 1, so he obviously hasn't been intentionally flying under the radar - perhaps the producers are at fault, who knows

But that's not true. He hasn't provided any more humor or insight than anyone else. Far less. It's just his fans are seduced by him and he doesn't have to do anything. Travis has said far more insightful things that Ryan. It's just Ryan says so little it sticks out less.

Also he isn't particularly funny. It's been pointed out numerous times. He doesn't say much and so what ever he says stands out more in comparison. Everyone else is just as funny or more. Saying more insightful things, it's lost in the fact they do a lot more.

I am not saying he isn't deserving. It doesn't work like that. It's just the fact he has done so little, had no central or interesting impact on the season. It supports the fact it's a bad series when he won.

The fact that Ryan didn't even audition for BB and wanted to go on The Block was just the beginning of it.

Seriously next year if the show is on (which I doubt) and Alex if you still have a job (which I doubt) lets cast housemates that actually audition. Not friends of ex-housemates or talent on hold from other shows.
I've submitted my application to The Block so I can be on Million $ Minute...

Housemates vote out someone week one. They voted out Terri.

Big Brother brought her back because they lost their oldie. She had a mission involving Corey Worthington. She failed. They let her stay anyway.

In the final they were all, we aren't showing you the graphs with pictures. They said they weren't. It was her against Ben. They were like, 'We are now going to show you the graph with pictures. It's the last time.' They showed the graph. Ben was winning. The then said, 'so if you want nanna terri to win, vote.' The show dragged longer. They then against their word showed the graph again with pictures. Ben was still winning. They again pleaded for Terri. They then shortly after announced it was closed. Terri won.

So yeah, to me it was rigged. To get her back in the house and the final was a travesty. They delayed and were breaking their own rules to get her to win. Not to mention the fact she was a massive racist and Pauline Hanson supporter which never made the edit.
iirc, gretel even said something like 'is this who you want to win, australia?' while showing the graphic. it was sooo blatant. (i think rory was the initial winner btw)

Had Ryan not ever been in the house nothing would have changed. He had absolutely no impact on the game, some of the intruders made more of an impression than he did. Boring, unfunny and IMHO not particularly charismatic either, just floating through, passing time. To me he is this seasons Jade. I dont get the love.

But I dont have any particular favorite so whether he wins or not Im just sorta meh.

Okay, I might be totally wrong, but:

I think Ryan is possibly the smartest game-player all year.

I guess you could call part of his strategy 'flying under the radar', but I think a better term could be 'nonchalance.'

He doesn't really seem to care about the game or winning the money; whether that's an act or not, I don't know. But when a lot of other housemates are so openly hungry for the win, I think his attitude comes across as pretty refreshing. And I think he knows that.

He's also been very clever with his relationships in the house. Sure, he's rubbed a few people the wrong way, but for the most part there doesn't seem to be any lingering hostility. He also avoided being up for eviction for half the series. The fact that so many housemates who lived with him 24/7 - and got to know him far better than we have - have left the house saying he's a pretty good guy speaks volumes to those who care to listen.

Of course, it can't be denied that he hasn't had much screen time until the last couple of weeks, and it's possible that he won't be a very memorable winner. Maybe he doesn't care about the money 'cos he doesn't really need it. Maybe he is just a 'pot-plant' and hasn't been doing anything that special.

But whatever he's been doing -

It's working.

I guess you could call part of his strategy 'flying under the radar', but I think a better term could be 'nonchalance.'

He doesn't really seem to care about the game or winning the money; whether that's an act or not, I don't know. But when a lot of other housemates are so openly hungry for the win, I think his attitude comes across as pretty refreshing. And I think he knows that.

He's also been very clever with his relationships in the house. Sure, he's rubbed a few people the wrong way, but for the most part there doesn't seem to be any lingering hostility. He also avoided being up for eviction for half the series. The fact that so many housemates who lived with him 24/7 - and got to know him far better than we have - have left the house saying he's a pretty good guy speaks volumes to those who care to listen.

Of course, it can't be denied that he hasn't had much screen time until the last couple of weeks, and it's possible that he won't be a very memorable winner. Maybe he doesn't care about the money 'cos he doesn't really need it. Maybe he is just a 'pot-plant' and hasn't been doing anything that special.

It's working.

Well said! In fact I can almost say that if Ryan wins he will be one of the top 5 winners of Big Brother! The fact that he was almost invisible until the 4th week of Big Brother shows how well he played the game! He flew under the radar without people thinking he did fly under the radar! A worthy winner in my eyes!

It's working.
yes mate nonchalance = avoid a confrontation. he nearly killed it with trav but gatherd it in

I'm so over the "Ryan does nothing" attitude as if the other housemates have done so much more besides gossip. Ryan would be one of the better winners, sure his first 30 days wern't great but he eventually rose up and become more prevalent. Skye is fairly fake in my opinion and Ryan ads so much more to the house than Travis though he's alright. Of the secrets and lies videos Syke had by far the easiest run. What Ryan brings to the house is a balance of the different personality traits people like, a bit of comedy, not too bitchy, a bit easy to live with, etc. Having said that, I expect Skye to win.

Back