Skip to main content

Prisoner / Wentworth

I love Wentworth :) Currently watching season 2 on UK television from Germany, I think two more episodes to go. Found it last year just before season 1 started and got stuck. Unfortunately no signs that a German TV station will show it.
cool where are you in Germany?

I don't have Foxtel so haven't watched "Wentworth" but did see one episode (at a mates place) where Frankie pashed Erica and I was like WTF?:confused: I don't recall in the original "Prisoner" series these two were lovers in the past? I though it was a bit random (but hot to watch). Hehe.

I don't have Foxtel so haven't watched "Wentworth" but did see one episode (at a mates place) where Frankie pashed Erica and I was like WTF?:confused: I don't recall in the original "Prisoner" series these two were lovers in the past? I though it was a bit random (but hot to watch). Hehe.
Oh lol Im a bit rusty but Frankie was a real handful and I think she tried to force herself on a fair few!

Oh lol Im a bit rusty but Frankie was a real handful and I think she tried to force herself on a fair few!
Yeah she was the wannabe "Top Dog" in Prisoner but Bea always put a stop to that. She was the token "Lesbian" inmate that tried to have a crack but never got very far with it. The new Frankie in "Wentworth" is way more hotter than the original one.:p

Ricklingen and Linden are parts of Hanover; I'm a bit north-east. But I think that is enough OT ;-)

No, but there were many a "dyke" reference to Frankie in the original Prisoner an maybe they were running with that.

Frankie in the original had a bit of a crush on Karen, and a slight flirtation with Doreen (shudder), but nothing more than that.

Wow, what a great finale of season 2, can't wait for next year. I'm so curious if Bea and Franky will team up. Cheers :)

I'm hanging out for Series 3 of Wentworth.. here in Australia, it's only months away. I did hear they knocked down the location they filmed at, will have to get a new one for Season 4.

One thing I love about Prisoner is seeing where the actors turn up in other TV shows.

Frankie is not bad chick either on Wentworth. Not Prisoner ha

Prisoner Frankie made me cringe. The furniture wrecking, sexually harassing Karen, tantrums... I'm probably lucky to have been to young to be out at the time :laugh: But Wentworth Frankie, she's pretty damn awesome. I'm well happy with new Frankie repping for us :D

*edit to add- Looking back now, because Wentworth is almost a prequel, maybe the goey stuff is the beginning of an explaination of older Frankie's later psychotic rage issues.

*edit to add- Looking back now, because Wentworth is almost a prequel, maybe the goey stuff is the beginning of an explaination of older Frankie's later psychotic rage issues.

The producers have said it's not a prequel or even a remake, more of a "retelling" which to me means "remake" as far as TV shows are concerned.

I found out my local library have both seasons 1 & 2 of Wentworth, so I have them both on hold and can't wait to watch.

Nothing is ever going to better than the original though (Prisoner). I had the good fortune to meet Maggie Kirkpatrick and she was so lovely:joyful:, although I was somewhat intimidated by her thinking of her as The Freak. :nailbiting:(me)

Foxtel and Fremantle Media announced last Friday that they've renewed Wentworth for a fourth season, which will begin filming in the second half of the year and air in 2016.

Wonder where they will be filming? Since the location previously used has been knocked down. Perhaps at the Docklands Studios in Melbourne? Where such shows like Winners and Losers, Million Dollar Minute and Millionaire Hot Seat etc are filmed at.

Oh FYI, Season three will premiere on Tuesday, 7th April 2015 at 8:30pm.

Back