Skip to main content

Sonia told BB has jumped the shark...

I don't have to try, your posts speak volumes.

Please stop trying it for my attention in multiple threads, it's boring.

No

You are boring

Takes one to know one ( quote: poorLeighKnee )

You are nothing without your GIF.s

Nothing, you hear me

And if you didnt have multiple accounts and a legion of "yes-men" members voting for you, you would probably only get 3 or 4 awards this Speccy week

Pull your head in- ya just not that balla.

PS

Can you design a GIF. where my hands are cut off and mouth bandaged// gimp ball ?

Ta M

xx[DOUBLEPOST=1416731440][/DOUBLEPOST]
I love it when Madonna and AntiGretel fight.

i dont fight

i tolerate
educate
Eradicate
Ejaculate
Sleep
Wet dream

Know what i mean?

This isn't a fight. I'm just scrolling down and not reading his posts, which is what I normally do.

One day, you too may be worthy

Until then, scroll over like the thing you have become

A hackneyed caricature of the run-of-the-mill BB fanatic that still has sara-marie bunny ears and rewatches Fryzie in the bathroom footage to get off.

You fooling NO one

Takes one to know one

I've never really understood why people think this is a legitimate retort.
For example:
Person A: You're a carrotcake eating poodle!
Person B: Takes one to know one!
Person A: So you just admitted that you are, in fact, a carrotcake eating poodle and then only speculated that I therefore must be one too?

ie Person B has just lost the argument outright.

I've never really understood why people think this is a legitimate retort.
For example:
Person A: You're a carrotcake eating poodle!
Person B: Takes one to know one!
Person A: So you just admitted that you are, in fact, a carrotcake eating poodle and then only speculated that I therefore must be one too?

ie Person B has just lost the argument outright.

i know, hey?

Thankfully it doesn't sound like the programming execs have given up on the show. Rather, it sounds more like a venture in trying to justify bringing it back (which is a matter of exploring format and scheduling options).

Clearly the biggest component of this seasons ratings failure is the scheduling. There was zero consistency - it's changed *every* night. It's also hard to build a solid core audience with a heavily reduced episode order - personally, I found that the four-night format eroded the narrative structure. That makes it harder to invest in. There also needs to be less live episodes - even if they want to stick with twists and gimmicks - focus on it from within the house. It was just too much.

However it's great that the positive numbers in JumpIn views/traffic were there. And keep in mind that the number Sonia mentioned is before adding any other timeshift data. Thankfully the demographics are there and Australian networks seem to be recognising the importance of demographic retention as opposed to raw ratings. At the end of the day the show is profitable and there is plenty of opportunity for it to work. I think more than anything it will a matter of compatibility - whether they can fit it in fairly among their other tentpole franchises.

Lol. I remember those days for Uplate. They would basically put up every warning possible before the show starts. Nudity, drug references, sexual references, coarse language, etc.

I used to know it off by heart. :roflmao:

"When you look at shows like The Block or My Kitchen Rules, those kinds of reality programs have become a bit like Big Brother in that they are a soap opera"

Which is why all these shows are doomed. All the producers want is Days of our Lives in every program.

I bet that even if they did a five or six nights a week hour show on ch9 9.30-10.30pm (so as not to interfere with their precious "family" programming) and GO picked up from 10.30 or midnight and ran live as well as unedited daily footage (a la Up Late) all night, that the ch9 ratings and the voting would increase dramatically because there would be so much more audience engagement and investment. If they picked decent HMs for a change (ie. not all under-30, media-centric wannabes), encouraged them to stay up late with tasks (or alcohol), we would have something way more entertaining on our hands.

I watched about half of the 2003 launch show the other day and it was so very different. Just the shear scale and atmosphere - it was an event with actual buzz and excitement. It was interesting to see how much older the audience demographic was, and the diversity of the HMs' careers and lifestyles. I also noticed that even though many of the HMs were in their twenties, they were so much more mature (and intelligent) than this year's HMs. There were actual stimulating conversations back then. Also, that even though broadcast during primetime, the HMs still swore (albeit bleeped), unlike the sanitised kiddie show we get now. It's quite amazing that when things went awry, like when Chrissie overheard the misogynistic cameraman, or Belinda's confession, they were actually screened. That would never happen now. They really need to get back to the grassroots and give us something unedited, raw and exciting again.

the biggest issue with BB is ALEX he needs to go he has no idea what he's doing
the guys a mess all over the place and probably the biggest obstruction with what fans want
trying to sanitise BB to a PG level has obviously ruined it for true fans of the show
and the very limited access to whats actually happening in the house
has had a huge impact on the ratings
we hardly know anything about the HM's really
if they decide to bring it back next yr they need to DUMP ALEX
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::watching:

the biggest issue with BB is ALEX he needs to go he has no idea what he's doing
the guys a mess all over the place and probably the biggest obstruction with what fans want
trying to sanitise BB to a PG level has obviously ruined it for true fans of the show
and the very limited access to whats actually happening in the house
has had a huge impact on the ratings
we hardly know anything about the HM's really
if they decide to bring it back next yr they need to DUMP ALEX
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::watching:
the next guy probably wouldnt do much better if nine were still calling the shots.
i think alex on ten would be better than some new guy on nine.

Don't get excited, they would never do 24/7 on GO!... if they can't give us a delayed internet stream why would they give us a feed on TV full of dirty conversations for kiddies to see.

Back