Skip to main content

Sonia told BB has jumped the shark...

I love unedited Sonia. She's so professional and knowledgable. What she said of the gimmicky nature of the show nowadays was quite neutral, and what I gather from that is that she doesn't agree with it. The fact that she even brought up the idea of a 24/7 stream on GO! says quite a lot—perhaps not about the fate of the show next year, but about her understanding of what the show should be, and just how badly Nine have fucked up this year. I mean, to have both of the show's personalities come out and openly criticise the direction of the show (Sonia a lot more "nicer" than Mike, who really seemed to hate on the show on his podcast) speaks volumes, I think.

Sonia is definitely a fan of what Big Brother should be, and for that, I'm definitely a fan of Sonia.

Sonia: "I think there will always be a place for BB on air. Where and when and in what capacity, I think that will continue to evolve. I was talking to [Nine's programmer] Michael Healey about this today. It could be that in the future, what we see is that GO! [Nine's digital second channel] runs Big Brother 24/7. If you look at the success of it overseas, globally it is one of those programs that can be reinvented. That's the beauty of it."

:stop: ^ I can't with that. Just don't even get us that excited plz.

I will say though, I don't really understand what integral challenges she's referring to, because the tasks have taken a complete backseat this season, and there's less of them too. Unless by saying, "When the show was relaunched on Nine..." she's carefully not talking about the current season, which as we know is basically just Nominations and Evictions now.

It makes perfect sense to me in this day and age for a show to be a subscription based service watchable on any device any time, something Alex alluded to as well in the “interview” on Goldman’s podcast.

The 24/7 GO idea is good but it would be better to just stream it online like they used to so you don't have to worry about the strict TV censorship rules.

Considering the house mates probably swear a lot, wouldn't they not be able to show live feeds for most of the day without heavy censorship?

ty

I am here for 24/7 on GO!.

What with 19 to 22 hrs of absolutely mind numbing shit

"Too many storylines" in all parts of house,
300 crew to package edit deliver

Just for u to sit stuck to your computer chair eating kit kats and diet mountain dew and wanking off at the shower footage of Rohan wannabe's and trying to convince your cherub mates that you know a guy who knows a guy that went for a job interview for a ninja position and is waiting on a call back? Where you allow the pizza guy to enter your abode with door unlocked so u dont miss a second that someone else may post about before you?
Get outta ya chair, dude, and GIF a life !

What with 19 to 22 hrs of absolutely mind numbing shit

"Too many storylines" in all parts of house,
300 crew to package edit deliver

Just for u to sit stuck to your computer chair eating kit kats and diet mountain dew and wanking off at the shower footage of Rohan wannabe's and trying to convince your cherub mates that you know a guy who knows a guy that went for a job interview for a ninja position and is waiting on a call back? Where you allow the pizza guy to enter your abode with door unlocked so u dont miss a second that someone else may post about before you?
Get outta ya chair, dude, and GIF a life !

Projecting?

Put down the cheesecake and go for a run xo

Back