Skip to main content

My issue with Penny

I liked Lina at the beginning but that was because I thought she was mature enough to not "lie with dogs". Unfortunately she now needs a flea collar of her own.

They seem to show a lot of her bitching about one thing or another with Priya and Skye; whether it be in the kitchen, the treehouse, the (what I call) the hampster wheel, the bedroom. I don't think I have ever seen her be ballsy enough to approach the person she's bitching about AT THE TIME, with her comments or concerns. So to me at least that is not someone who's playing all her cards on the table.

They seem to show a lot of her bitching about one thing or another with Priya and Skye; whether it be in the kitchen, the treehouse, the (what I call) the hampster wheel, the bedroom. I don't think I have ever seen her be ballsy enough to approach the person she's bitching about AT THE TIME, with her comments or concerns. So to me at least that is not someone who's playing all her cards on the table.
Ok. It's interesting how we all see things so differently. I see her as very astute when it comes to peoples personalities, behaviours, etc. I don't see her as bitchy at all. I think she questions the status quo of the house. She doesn't blindly follow the popular HMs (Ryan, David). She stands up to the boy's group mentality. She gets flack for it but she stands her ground. I see her as a champion of the under-dog, and I admire that.

Ok. It's interesting how we all see things so differently. I see her as very astute when it comes to peoples personalities, behaviours, etc. I don't see her as bitchy at all. I think she questions the status quo of the house. She doesn't blindly follow the popular HMs (Ryan, David). She stands up to the boy's group mentality. She gets flack for it but she stands her ground. I see her as a champion of the under-dog, and I admire that.

Well it's all observation and can only be based in the footage they show us. She did make a bit too much of a fuss and got into Penny's face and near accused her of "jumping ship". If anything, I think it's Lina who's looking too much into things and even quite responsible for the segregation she claims exists. Also a show of her NOT standing up to the "boys club" stuff, is not saying anything when Priya pointed out supposed "gender roles" in the house when the women were in the kitchen. Not ONE of them went out and said to any of the guys in the spa.. "get your shit together and help around the house"

BTW I also don't see this supposed boys group mentality not being ok. when there is clearly many a clucking chook in the hen house. Double standard much?

I believe I read on Richards outside the house interview, that there really was NOT the segregation being claimed anyway. He'd know better than you and I, right?

Which of the housemates as she copped flack from for supposedly standing her ground?:confused:

Well it's all observation and can only be based in the footage they show us. She did make a bit too much of a fuss and got into Penny's face and near accused her of "jumping ship". If anything, I think it's Lina who's looking too much into things and even quite responsible for the segregation she claims exists. Also a show of her NOT standing up to the "boys club" stuff, is not saying anything when Priya pointed out supposed "gender roles" in the house when the women were in the kitchen. Not ONE of them went out and said to any of the guys in the spa.. "get your shit together and help around the house"

BTW I also don't see this supposed boys group mentality not being ok. when there is clearly many a clucking chook in the hen house. Double standard much?

I believe I read on Richards outside the house interview, that there really was NOT the segregation being claimed anyway. He'd know better than you and I, right?

Which of the housemates as she copped flack from for supposedly standing her ground?:confused:

She is getting a lot of flack on here. For being a strong, opinionated woman. Ryan & his cronies are also bitching about her. Possibly because of her strength. opinions? Ryan stated that he doesn't go much on Lina but really likes Penny. Why is that? Is it because Penny doesn't challenge him?

She is getting a lot of flack on here. For being a strong, opinionated woman. Ryan & his cronies are also bitching about her. Possibly because of her strength. opinions? Ryan stated that he doesn't go much on Lina but really likes Penny. Why is that? Is it because Penny doesn't challenge him?

Well as you see I don't see her as being strong or opinionated at all..lol I cannot say why Ryan doesn't like Lina. Personally though, I have not seen this woman of strength YOU see. If anything the feedback about what the women say and visa versa seems to be coming via Travis...who in my opinion, is the biggest gossipy bitch in the house. Seems like a case of purple monkey dishwasher.

The fact he clearly likes Penny.. I don't know that either.. but you cannot say with all certainty the woman is not challenging. It's clear she's open and honest and passionate and happy, rather than constantly trying to find flaws in others? Perhaps that may have something to do with it?

Well as you see I don't see her as being strong or opinionated at all..lol I cannot say why Ryan doesn't like Lina. Personally though, I have not seen this woman of strength YOU see. If anything the feedback about what the women say and visa versa seems to be coming via Travis...who in my opinion, is the biggest gossipy bitch in the house. Seems like a case of purple monkey dishwasher.

The fact he clearly likes Penny.. I don't know that either.. but you cannot say with all certainty the woman is not challenging. It's clear she's open and honest and passionate and happy, rather than constantly trying to find flaws in others? Perhaps that may have something to do with it?

Ryan doesn't like happy, bubbly people. Remember the fight on the stairs with Skye? Ryan also CONSTANTLY finds flaws in others, I don't think he likes her for not finding flaws in others. He likes people (women) who don't have opinions that clash with his opinions. He thinks he is the alpha male, the leader of the group. He doesn't like subordinates to step out of line. In MY opinion Ryan has been the biggest gossiper, shit-stirrer, bitch in the house.

As a women, I don't see Lina as "strong". I see her as super conservative, who lets this cloud her judgement of others, and finds it difficult to accept that others aren't like her. I thought her ISIS argument wasn't even on point, and her constant need to come across as intelligent or insightful is putting a wall between her and a lot of the other housemates. Lina is not my fave LOL.

I don't mind Penny but her 'I can't find the women to talk to' line seemed a very weird thing to say. After all, they're in the BB house, they can 't have gone far! I think if she'd just said she prefered hanging out with the boys for whatever reason (maybe the adoration from David) and it wasn't a big deal really, would 've seen more honest.
I thought that comment was hilarious. Unusual but hilarious. Once when I was a kid the home phone rang & it was my uncle looking for my dad, my uncle asked me "hey, is your dad home?" & i go "i don't know. i'll see if i can find him" & my uncle goes "where the f*ck do you live? Buckingham Palace?", for some reason when Penny said "I can never find the girls" it reminded me of that story lol

Ryan doesn't like happy, bubbly people. Remember the fight on the stairs with Skye? Ryan also CONSTANTLY finds flaws in others, I don't think he likes her for not finding flaws in others. He likes people (women) who don't have opinions that clash with his opinions. He thinks he is the alpha male, the leader of the group. He doesn't like subordinates to step out of line. In MY opinion Ryan has been the biggest gossiper, shit-stirrer, bitch in the house.

And we are all entitled to our opinions. Clearly Ryan at least likes GENUINE happy, bubbly people. There's the difference. ;)

As a women, I don't see Lina as "strong". I see her as super conservative, who lets this cloud her judgement of others, and finds it difficult to accept that others aren't like her. I thought her ISIS argument wasn't even on point, and her constant need to come across as intelligent or insightful is putting a wall between her and the other housemates. Lina is not my fave LOL.
That's fair enough. It's good to see that we can all agree to disagree. I don't see her as conservative at all. I do think she is more serious than some of the others. And maybe she needs to lighten up, but I still like that. I like how she asks questions, and is obviously interested in what people have to say. Well she was at the beginning. But I don't think she bothers now. Lina is my fave female.

I thought that comment was hilarious. Unusual but hilarious. Once when I was a kid the home phone rang & it was my uncle looking for my dad, my uncle asked me "hey, is your dad home?" & i go "i don't know. i'll see if i can find him" & my uncle goes "where the f*ck do you live? Buckingham Palace?", for some reason when Penny said "I can never find the girls" it reminded me of that story lol
Lol. Good story. Her comment was odd. Why couldn't she find them lol? Is there a network of underground tunnels that we don't know about?:p

Lina had potential. But sitting around bitching about the guys with a group of girls (especially when that group is Skye and Priya LOL) is never going to win you this game.

Priya is a chameleon who readily adapts her view to suit yours (to your face anyway) should she deem you strong enough, and Skye is an impressionable follower that would be super easy to sway or trick into your way of thinking. Not a group I'd want with me to the end if I wanted a good edit, because you'd have to play them both, but in different ways.

Last edited:
Penny is funny and cute, but she has only been in there for 2 or 3 weeks.

I don't think the people finger banging her would have the same opinion after 2 months.
After two months with Penny, you'd either be head over heels in love, or you would have backed away quietly. She's polarising, but that's what I like about her. I'd be in love. She's adorable. I want a Penny in my life.

Back