Skip to main content

Big Brother moving back to TEN in 2015?

dannymurray

In tonight's Upfronts, Ten declined to name a multi-night entertainment show in the 3rd quarter of 2015.

With rights up for negotiation after this season, is BB heading back home?

B2TyQf0CEAAeNu-.jpg

a) Negotiations haven't begun so Ten can't announce it yet.
b) There are no other multi-night formats doing the rounds internationally at the moment
c) Everything old is new again.. to Ten.

In tonight's Upfronts, Ten declined to name a multi-night entertainment show in the 3rd quarter of 2015.

With rights up for negotiation after this season, is BB heading back home?

B2TyQf0CEAAeNu-.jpg

jkfwyg.gif

The teasing is unbearable!! :arghh:

Saying that...

I really doubt it's Big Brother. It would be amazing if it was and god I hope it is BB but let's think realistically :(. And going by the way Ten have announced some of their shows in the past I think whatever this "new franchise" show is probably hasn't even been planned yet. The same thing happened at last year's up fronts when Ten said they were planning a new family entertainment show for 6.00 weeknights and we heard nothing about it for ages and then it was announced they were bringing Family Feud back a couple of months before the show started airing in June. I have a feeling that this is the case otherwise the new format would have been announced tonight. :confused:

a) Negotiations haven't begun so Ten can't announce it yet.
b) There are no other multi-night formats doing the rounds internationally at the moment
c) Everything old is new again.. to Ten.

Yeah probably this past week and in the next few weeks Nine and Endemol will be discussing a new contract. @Goon did say we might find out if BB would be back next year on the finale?

David Knox from www.TVTonight.com.au said that if BB didn't come back to Nine in 2015 it would probably not return to any other network until 2016. Here is the quote:
If Nine gave it up, and there is no indication of this given its appeal to young demos, don’t expect anything anywhere else before 2016.
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/10/what-new-era-big-brother.html

it will be life in a glasshouse. :)

That's exactly what I'm thinking it is.

For those that don't know, Life In A Glasshouse is basically Big Brother, without it actually being Big Brother. ;)

Yeah but didn't Life In A Glasshouse do pretty bad over in the US? And I am sure I read that ABC America got sued by CBS for the show being very similar to Big Brother? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Glass_House_(2012_TV_series) I must admit though that it would be a great alternative to Big Brother if Ten did pick it up.

Maybe its Big Sister & Ch10 can tell emdemol 'n sthrn star, mavrodikus etc to fuck off :)

Hahaha I think someone on here has quickly updated the Wikipedia page for The Glass House with...

Possible Australian edition[edit]
There have been rumours suggesting that Network Ten in Australia are considering producing a local edition of the show set to air in mid 2015. The show will be called "Life In A Glasshouse" to avoid confusion with The Glass House; an unrelated comedy/talk show on the Australian ABC.

If program does go to air there will be 3 episodes a week. The first for the weekly challenge, the second for the house's limbo vote and third for the elimination with each of the episodes having a live element to reveal the results of the event that occurred in that episode. Additional programming for the show (such as limited Live Feeds) will air on Ten's companion channel 11.

Back