Skip to main content

Did season 1 (2001) have uncut?

A

Aviationcrazy388

I have just started to re watch season 1, I can't remember if it had an Uncut or Uplate episode in that year as I was only 9.

So does it? if yes any ideas where to get it? haven't seen any on youtube.

Thanks

Seasons 1-5 had "Uncut".

Then it was re-named "Adults Only" in 2006. Halfway through the season it was axed because the government warned Network Ten that if they continued airing the Adults Only show they would harm the network's push for media reforms. AO was axed about 1 month before the famous incident of 2006.

It was not brought back for the 2007 season because of the government for the reason above and the famous incident of 2006.

The adult content came back in 2008 in the panel discussion show "Big Mouth".

UpLate which had Mike Goldman hosting live footage of the house started in 2003 just before that season finished (I think) and continued every year until the end of the 2007 season.

I cant remember but there had to have been some sort of after hours show, cause I can still remember one party they had and there was some s& m action with Andy(?) and Sara Marie and Gordon that they could never have shown in a PG timeslot. And might I say, I loved it. We want to see THE action. or what is the point?????????

I cant remember but there had to have been some sort of after hours show, cause I can still remember one party they had and there was some s& m action with Andy(?) and Sara Marie and Gordon that they could never have shown in a PG timeslot. And might I say, I loved it. We want to see THE action. or what is the point?????????

That was Uncut.

They started uplate in Season 3 cause I remember watching Chrissie in bed reading a book and thinking, what the fuck is this shit?
If I remember correctly it started out as pure live streaming on Ten... but they added Mike and the games sometime later because they realised they needed something to give viewers when the HMs went to bed early.

Uplate was quite boring and tedious. They usually weren't doing much at 12 on a week night but I still remember watching it in highschool. I think sometimes it would show them sleeping.

Well yeah if they were sleeping it might have showed that, or a bit later on they started showing streaming that was recorded earlier in the day if nothing was going on. Other times Mike Goldman just has a chat or they replayed snippets from the daily show.

Anyway Uplate was the best part of the whole thing, pretty much. It would make a massive improvement to the current series as then we'd have a better idea of what's going on in the house.

They started uplate in Season 3 cause I remember watching Chrissie in bed reading a book and thinking, what the fuck is this shit?
I forgot they used to allow them to take books into the house. This is probably why it's no longer allowed, even though there is no UpLate/streaming.

I forgot they used to allow them to take books into the house. This is probably why it's no longer allowed, even though there is no UpLate/streaming.

They also used to allow them to take instruments. It seemed every series had a guitar player and then all of a sudden instruments were never seen again.

Season 1 (2001) certainly had Uncut, and it was titled 'Big Brother - Uncut'. It was on 9.30 pm, Thursday nights.

I found it less interesting than the daily shows. Also, as it screened Thursday, it would feature housemates that had been evicted on the preceding Sunday - which seemed really odd.

Late in the season Uncut became quite dull and at least one later episode was a compilation from the entire series - including pool/bikini shots - somewhat illustrating they had run out of adults only material by that stage. I think it ended early that season - and was gone by the last week.

Later seasons moved Uncut to Monday (covering the previous week - so it would have no evicted housemates in it) and then it was renamed Adults Only.

They had the lot. Big brother 2001 they had games and quiz shows even the presenter to enter the house to give the hosuemates a big suprise.. Have anyone notice that the housemates in 2014 are not as shy or intimated around the house with having so much cameras ? years ago all hosuemates where always on about the cameras and how shy or intimated they felt and how will they feel when they coime out of the big brother house and all. This year you dont hardly hear anything like that. Its almost feels as if the big brother hosuemates have being living there for years where they gt used to it so quickly.. For me i feel that the housemates in 2014 are like fakes to actors.. actors pretending to be housemates..

Years ago we see and felt the hosuemates was scared shy intimated... talked alot about the cameras.. playing around the cameras that move around.. remember big brother 2001 ? most housemates where mucking around play hide and seek with the cameras following them... 2014 no one seems to be like that,... almost as if they have being on television before because they never seem to be shy or intimated like preview years housemates.. I think we have a bunch of ACTORS in the rediculoursly world as you know it channle 9.

big brother 2001.. hosuemates shy perhaps intimated.. perhaps scared.. they even muck around play hide and seek against the cameras moving around... It felt more realistic and more openly. And in 2014 big brother housemates feels more like as if the housemates have being on television before because they dont seem to be shy... or intimated or playing around if the cameras catch them... feels more like the housemates in 2014 are actors... they focus more on the themselfs with other housemates... years ago it was more about themselfs being shy and all new for them with who may be watching them... So it feels as if 2014 big brother housemates are just actors pretending to be housemates for your enjoyment and thats how it feels like.

So tell me.. why back then it was diferent for them to what it is today... even years ago it was not like you expect to have a idiotic female wanna be a rag doll model and a male wanna be top dog. But you sure get all that stupid things from today big brother housemates where they fight over things and one wanna be a rag doll model and the idiotic wanna be muscle mass top dog.. Years ago it was just more better.. Not like today where you have almost like you could say ACTORS wanna be housemates in 2014 with the way the people act now days...

These days all the housemates are probably already social media addicts accustomed to having their antics endlessly photographed posted and commented-on. In any event they have grown up watching Big Brother so are most likely used to the idea. Early BBAU houses did have a few exposed cameras but I think they were phased out many years ago.

The first episode of Uncut each year would start with showing who showered nude, and who didn't, without fail.

Part of the fun of the first episode! :p But seriously though we do need an adult show for the adult conversations. The nudity was just a bonus! We would then be able to find out what Travis's "revolting" comment was to Ryan that made him so fired up. The producers are censoring it so it looks like Ryan overreacted and wanted a punch up while Travis seemed so innocent and it was portrayed he only gave Ryan back what he got from him. On uncut we could hear the adult stuff that would completely change how we feel about a certain housemate! Didn't some uncut footage reveal some surprising stuff and caused a number of evictions that same week that would not have happened if we had a censored version?

This is so important why we need an uncut show with highlights of the adult conversations the previous week. Not the immature stuff that was in the first and only episode of adult "Big Brother Confidential" Nine had in 2012!

Back