Skip to main content

Episode Day 28 (5/10/2014) Daily Show

My point was you said Cat manipulated that outcome but I don't see it like that at all. Did she want that outcome? Of course. But you can only manipulate either those too stupid (something Lawson fans have insisted he's not) or those who are willing participants. You said she "let him cuddle her in the pool" when for me the point is he cuddled her in the pool!! She didn't force his arms and body to do that. Of course she'd like that but I didn't see a gun held to his head! She also didn't force him to say to Sam he had feelings for her. She didn't force him to go in the Sanctuary let alone to get in the bed and even worse, doona over the head.

I know what's going to happen re this situation and I called it at the start of the thread. It makes me sad but I guess on a selfish note I should be happy that I had a son and not a daughter.
Well I'm not a fan of any housemate yet - can't actually find one that I like consistently for long enough to class them as a fave.

With regard to 'she let him cuddle her in the pool' I was referring to the fact that she would have allowed/encouraged that cuddle but not taken it any further. Same as she shared a bath with him but didn't make a move. Each of those two situations allowed him to kid himself (or use it as an excuse) that he could get into bed and believe nothing would happen.

I do believe that Cat manipulated the events of the night. I also believe that Lawson should have put her firmly in the friendzone when she first made it clear she had feelings for her. I also believe they are EQUALLY responsible for the outcome of the night. 100% equally. My initial post was just focussed on my thoughts on Cat but that doesn't mean I don't hold Lawson responsible as well.

In case I'm still not explaining myself well enough.. I agree 100% with you :)

I love how we still talk about Ed's cards a year later. I'm still waiting for him to play his cards maybe his given them to magician Lawson.
Everyone keeps saying Ed never played his cards, but he actually did. There was that three-hour argument he had with Tim, of which we only got to see about 10 seconds. That argument was when Ed was right up in Tim's face, telling him what he thought of him.

Cat knew what she was doing by inviting Lawson in tonights episode. She manipulated the situation by inviting him in and saying it was a "treat". She knew what she was doing, she tried to convince herself and Lawson that it was innocent what they were doing.

However, Cat is single and Lawson is not. Lawson could have said no to going in, said no to the pool, no to getting in a bath with her and no to getting in to bed with her.

Cat created the situation they were in but Lawson didn't try and stop it.

Of course she knew what she was doing! Most in the house thought she wouldn't dare go there but obviously she wanted him alone!

So if everyone else knows that, am I supposed to believe smart, strategic Lawson didn't either?!!

That was my point.

There are a few times in life where you find yourself in a mess and you have no clue how. I've been there and will always go to bat for those types.

But to admit to your best friend in the house you have feelings for someone and then agree to go to the Sanctuary with her... great look for your gf of 5 years. Even before all the other rubbish that followed.

Cat can be accused of creating whatever the f people want to pin on her... without a willing participant there's no scene to create.

Not sure if you're confused. People end up leaving for getting the least amount of votes. So say if someone thinks someone should be evicted, they can't dial their number to help make that happen. They just have to hope that not many people care enough about them to save them.

No not confused. I meant that I don't think Lisa has a lot fans. Especially if the live audience and this forum is anything to go by. I don't think the dudes from the strip club are the type to call a BB hotline to vote to save their favourite hostess either. Lisa is relying on the kindness of strangers and I don't think it's going to happen for her. I don't dislike her as much as others here do, but I dont like her enough to call up to save her either. I think that's her biggest problem.

In regards to cat and Jake I meant that Jake has the same issue as Lisa. I doubt too many people are voting to save him, however Cat's fan base was strong (whoever they are) but I'm not sure if their support will fall through after tonight and Jake will be saved by default.

A real level headed and grounded man would never cheat on someone he loves.

I hope Lawsons girlfriend read this forum and realise that there is no excuse for Lawson. If u love someone u wouldn't kiss a hoe.

It's best if she finds someone else and leave Lawson. She deserves far better. See he didn't just kiss kat in the moment. He has broken that trust that people have as lovers and partners. And not only that.. He has humiliated her in front of the whole of australia.

Good job at ruining ur chances at winning Lawson!

Really the most startling thing is how stupidly they are playing the game. People do sometimes cheat and whilst that is sad and causes problems... who is so stupid as to do it in front of a huge audience which is most likely to contain the one you are cheating on. tsk tsk bad form morally and absolutely useless strategy

YASSSS!!!

BUT the important thing I hope people remember and it's what I brought up earlier in this thread amongst the sea of spoiler tags...

is that HE is the one who is in a relationship. The same shit people hung on Tully last year needs to be hung on Lawson. That's not to excuse Cat's behaviour but there was only one person here with a partner and he chose to step out. Same as Tully did last year yet she was the slut, whore, etc while people are trying to come up with crazy ass reasons for excusing Lawson.

HE is the one in a relationship. HE is the one who had every chance to say no every step along the way. Doesn't matter if Cat was Angelina Jolie + Beyonce... if you have principles you remove yourself gracefully and that's that. Show me my husband cuddled up in some pool with a woman that he knows has feelings for him and he's admitted he has feelings for back... And that's ignoring the doona pulled over the head and the smooches.

I'd be requesting a name change to Ms Butterface el swifto. Anyone making excuses for Lawson in this mess needs to take a hard look at themselves before I start dragging up posts of theirs from last year where they were bashing Tully for the same thing.

This TIMES 1000.

I have watched quite a few seasons of Big Brother, both from Australia and the UK. Whenever cheating comes up, the blame seems to ALWAYS be focused on the woman, ALWAYS, in spite of which member of the cheating party holds the most responsibility to the individual being cheated on.

Tully rightfully copped the brunt of the flak for cheating on her partner last year, but I couldn't help but notice that "Dreamy" Drew emerged relatively unscathed for his role in the whole thing. If we are to vilify Cat for being a temptress, we should question why we didn't throw Drew that same amount of vilification.

By a similar token, last year in the UK series, Daley instigated a fling with Hazel whilst his girlfriend watched from the outside, yet it was Hazel who was vilified the most. Daley received a lot more sympathy for the whole thing. It was the poor man who had been seduced by the wicked succubus, it was the poor man who was driven to cheat. Even when Daley got drunk, became aggressive and started making violent threats towards Hazel, it was still somehow Hazel who received so much of the backlash. She had "led him on", his aggressive behaviour was still somehow her fault. She was a thoughtless skank for letting the relationship develop, but I was amazed at how much sympathy Daley received, at how much of the backlash seemed to slide off him like Teflon, and how Hazel received so much of the blame.

I sincerely hope that people don't try to excuse Lawson for this, just because he otherwise seems like such a nice boy. I hope we don't see a huge backlash for Cat, and excuses being made for Lawson. He has the most responsibility towards his partner here. She should also be shamed for her role, but he needs to cop the brunt of it.

We like to believe that we are a progressive society, where equality between men and women has been fully achieved, and for the most part it has, but situations like this remind us that a culture of sexism is still very much alive within our society. We tend to forgive men more readily for their flaws, and vilify women more strongly for theirs. It's why in a vote to evict, we always see so many of the women leave before the men.

A real level headed and grounded man would never cheat on someone he loves.

I hope Lawsons girlfriend read this forum and realise that there is no excuse for Lawson. If u love someone u wouldn't kiss a hoe.

It's best if she finds someone else and leave Lawson. She deserves far better. See he didn't just kiss kat in the moment. He has broken that trust that people have as lovers and partners. And not only that.. He has humiliated her in front of the whole of australia.

Good job at ruining ur chances at winning Lawson!

Really the most startling thing is how stupidly they are playing the game. People do sometimes cheat and whilst that is sad and causes problems... who is so stupid as to do it in front of a huge audience which is most likely to contain the one you are cheating on. tsk tsk bad form morally and absolutely useless strategy
It is repeated some time the following day. I record both the original and the repeat and also set them to record for an additional 60 minutes just to make sure I never miss a show. Sad hey.
quite sensible really

Of course she knew what she was doing! Most in the house thought she wouldn't dare go there but obviously she wanted him alone!

So if everyone else knows that, am I supposed to believe smart, strategic Lawson didn't either?!!

That was my point.

There are a few times in life where you find yourself in a mess and you have no clue how. I've been there and will always go to bat for those types.

But to admit to your best friend in the house you have feelings for someone and then agree to go to the Sanctuary with her... great look for your gf of 5 years. Even before all the other rubbish that followed.

Cat can be accused of creating whatever the f people want to pin on her... without a willing participant there's no scene to create.
You're spot on. An opportunity presented itself and Lawson could have not participated but he jumped straight in.

Just like Tully last year, Lawson will have to face the consequences now - not Cat (on the outside).[DOUBLEPOST=1412518330][/DOUBLEPOST]
lol Gemma thinks she's the fashion police
Haha I'd be more worried about that massive bun on my head than Lisa's dress.

Back