Skip to main content

Post Something Interesting

Too me this is interesting.

The-Princess-Bride_612x380.jpg

13 things Cary Elwes revealed about 'The Princess Bride' in his Reddit AMA

1. Elwes had a broken toe while filming the infamous sword fight scene with Inigo Montoya (Mandy Patinkin) from riding an ATV, at André’s behest. “One day, he convinced me that I should try it out. Foolishly, I did, and within minutes I drove over a rock and broke my left toe. It was three weeks before we were due to film the sword fight scene,” Elwes explained. “And so I hadn’t fully healed by the time they shot that.”

2. André The Giant (who played Fezzik) was a big softie—and also just big. “It was like Bill Goldman [author of the original novel] said: It’s like the Pentagon. No matter how big people tell you it’s going to be, it’s always bigger when you’re in front of it. He was like the Eighth Wonder of the World. He was one of the sweetest people I’d ever met.”

3. And André The Giant could really hold his liquor. “Andre could drink more than anyone I’ve ever met… He could drink 103 beers in one sitting. One sitting. And not pass out or anything, or even tipsy!” Inconceivable.

4. In the scene where Westley challenges Vizzini to a battle of the wits, what was really in that cup of poison? “Grape juice. It was just regular grape juice.” So Elwes is not immune to iocane powder after all.

5. Elwes didn’t improvise many lines—but acting “mostly dead” was all him. He improvised all of the “being mostly dead” physical behavior, he said. “Doing the physical comedy was fun.”

6. Billy Crystal, however, did improvise a lot of material in his role as Miracle Max.

7. Crystal’s improv was so hilarious that it caused trouble on the set. “Billy Crystal’s medieval Yiddish standup caused Rob Reiner and myself to be banished from the set, and Mandy Patinkin to bruise a rib from laughing,” Elwes said.

8. Elwes was as thrilled with the ensemble cast as audiences were. “I was just thrilled to be working with such a tsunami of power, starting with William Golden [sic], Rob Reiner, Billy Crystal, Chris Sarandon, Chris Guest, Wally Shawn, Carol Kane, Fred Savage, Mandy Patinkin, Robyn [sic] Wright, and of course Andre the Giant… But I was in awe of them all.”

9. Yes, R.O.U.S.s (Rodents of Unusual Size) are a real thing. “I could spot ‘em from a mile away! There’s plenty in Hollywood.”

10. The Princess Bride fans (and their moms) are as crazy as you might imagine. “I met a fan once who had ‘As you wish’ tattooed on the back of her neck… she wanted me to autograph it so she could have my signature added too. Initially I hesitated but her mother insisted.”

11. The Princess Bride is coming to Broadway, and Elwes is excited about it. “I’m sure they will do a brilliant job on it. They don’t need any advice from me. Plenty of song titles to choose from, that’s for sure.”

12. Cary Elwes’ favorite Cary Elwes movie is The Princess Bride too. “Because it was the movie that changed my life. And gave me the career I have today. It was my first big Hollywood movie. And because… I laughed every day on set. People ask me, ‘Was it as much fun to make as it looks?’ and I say “It was more fun.” It was a fairytale come true.”

13. Does he ever say “as you wish” to his wife? “Of course.”
http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/10/03/1...d-about-the-princess-bride-in-his-reddit-ama/

I have a query people, help -
<<<<<<
<<<<MY DJ<over there, has a gig...

What happens in clubs with daylight savings?
Do they even bother to turn the clocks forward?
We don't know if he should go at 5.30 or 6.30 - so he's just going the earlier time.

But has anyone experienced what goes down during daylight saving night at a club?
Do they announce hey everyone, you just time travelled?

And something interesting - here watch a volcano erupt from inside, Iceland
watch

watch

what is this MY DJ, is he YOUR DJ? I want a DJ.

Most clubs would close early, id imagine

Too me this is interesting.

The-Princess-Bride_612x380.jpg

13 things Cary Elwes revealed about 'The Princess Bride' in his Reddit AMA

1. Elwes had a broken toe while filming the infamous sword fight scene with Inigo Montoya (Mandy Patinkin) from riding an ATV, at André’s behest. “One day, he convinced me that I should try it out. Foolishly, I did, and within minutes I drove over a rock and broke my left toe. It was three weeks before we were due to film the sword fight scene,” Elwes explained. “And so I hadn’t fully healed by the time they shot that.”

2. André The Giant (who played Fezzik) was a big softie—and also just big. “It was like Bill Goldman [author of the original novel] said: It’s like the Pentagon. No matter how big people tell you it’s going to be, it’s always bigger when you’re in front of it. He was like the Eighth Wonder of the World. He was one of the sweetest people I’d ever met.”

3. And André The Giant could really hold his liquor. “Andre could drink more than anyone I’ve ever met… He could drink 103 beers in one sitting. One sitting. And not pass out or anything, or even tipsy!” Inconceivable.

4. In the scene where Westley challenges Vizzini to a battle of the wits, what was really in that cup of poison? “Grape juice. It was just regular grape juice.” So Elwes is not immune to iocane powder after all.

5. Elwes didn’t improvise many lines—but acting “mostly dead” was all him. He improvised all of the “being mostly dead” physical behavior, he said. “Doing the physical comedy was fun.”

6. Billy Crystal, however, did improvise a lot of material in his role as Miracle Max.

7. Crystal’s improv was so hilarious that it caused trouble on the set. “Billy Crystal’s medieval Yiddish standup caused Rob Reiner and myself to be banished from the set, and Mandy Patinkin to bruise a rib from laughing,” Elwes said.

8. Elwes was as thrilled with the ensemble cast as audiences were. “I was just thrilled to be working with such a tsunami of power, starting with William Golden [sic], Rob Reiner, Billy Crystal, Chris Sarandon, Chris Guest, Wally Shawn, Carol Kane, Fred Savage, Mandy Patinkin, Robyn [sic] Wright, and of course Andre the Giant… But I was in awe of them all.”

9. Yes, R.O.U.S.s (Rodents of Unusual Size) are a real thing. “I could spot ‘em from a mile away! There’s plenty in Hollywood.”

10. The Princess Bride fans (and their moms) are as crazy as you might imagine. “I met a fan once who had ‘As you wish’ tattooed on the back of her neck… she wanted me to autograph it so she could have my signature added too. Initially I hesitated but her mother insisted.”

11. The Princess Bride is coming to Broadway, and Elwes is excited about it. “I’m sure they will do a brilliant job on it. They don’t need any advice from me. Plenty of song titles to choose from, that’s for sure.”

12. Cary Elwes’ favorite Cary Elwes movie is The Princess Bride too. “Because it was the movie that changed my life. And gave me the career I have today. It was my first big Hollywood movie. And because… I laughed every day on set. People ask me, ‘Was it as much fun to make as it looks?’ and I say “It was more fun.” It was a fairytale come true.”

13. Does he ever say “as you wish” to his wife? “Of course.”
http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/10/03/1...d-about-the-princess-bride-in-his-reddit-ama/

omg father time was a bitch to Cary Elwes

what is this MY DJ, is he YOUR DJ? I want a DJ.
Most clubs would close early, id imagine
< That is my boy:)
My adopted son, my sister gave birth.
(His parents have major issues, Dad is in UK,

And no, clubs stay open all night and into the next day, pretty much 24 hours over the weekend, they do recovery stuff Sunday.
He was told to ignore daylight savings & all went well.

MY DJ is awesome, he makes music, see his soundcloud link in my signature:)
166989_2766350311516_1343127666_n.jpg

His album
nick1.jpg

@Inigo Montoyo I also adore that movie, such a great cult classic, it's like Monty Python. Many is perfection.
And do you watch Doctor Who? A recent Robin Hood episode, Robin looked like he could be Carey's son.
And I haven't watched Princess in ages, pulling that out now.

< That is my boy:)
My adopted son, my sister gave birth.
(His parents have major issues, Dad is in UK,

And no, clubs stay open all night and into the next day, pretty much 24 hours over the weekend, they do recovery stuff Sunday.
He was told to ignore daylight savings & all went well.

MY DJ is awesome, he makes music, see his soundcloud link in my signature:)
View attachment 42706

His album
View attachment 42708

Oh cool, is he single? Does he like Madonna?

Unfortunately we had knee-jerk legislature imposed here that clubs refuse entry at 1:30am and close at 3am because of some meat heads from the Western Suburbs. 24 hour clubs are a DISTANT MEMORY.

Read the following sentence:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RESULT
OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY
COMBINED WITH THE EXPERIENCE
OF MANY YEARS OF EXPERTS.

Now go back and read the sentence one more time - read it ONLY ONCE, and count the number of times the letter "F" appears before reading on...

If you've never seen this before you probably counted three Fs. Actually, there are seven. If you don't believe it, go back to the sentence and find them.

It’s amazing what our mind is capable of blocking out.

If you think this is some kind of trick, it's not. Go back and be sure to count the Fs in the words "OF".

There you go! :D

Since most of us were raised to read phonetically, our minds will only allow us to *see* the Fs that sound like Fs, not those that sound like Vs.

Yeah people miss the ifs.

I found that easier to read than normal text, you can grasp the meaning in about 2 seconds, try again:)

Fast readers, do not read every letter or every word, not as single units, you scan whole phrases and big chunks of text.
And, you read different stuff in different ways, so big reference books/texts, you scan whole pages for relevance,

You made it too easy by how you formatted it.

Yeah people miss the ifs.
I found that easier to read than normal text, you can grasp the meaning in about 2 seconds, try again:)

Fast readers, do not read every letter or every word, not as single units, you scan whole phrases and big chunks of text.
And, you read different stuff in different ways, so big reference books/texts, you scan whole pages for relevance,

You made it too easy by how you formatted it.

I didn't create or format it....lol....just something I found on the net that I thought was interesting....hahahahaha. But thanks for thinking that I'm that clever!!! :)

Oh cool, is he single? Does he like Madonna?

Unfortunately we had knee-jerk legislature imposed here that clubs refuse entry at 1:30am and close at 3am because of some meat heads from the Western Suburbs. 24 hour clubs are a DISTANT MEMORY.

So you are in NSW, hopefully he will tour up there one day, Melbourne parties on all day and night, just about every night I think.
I know Wednesdays they do hump day in animal onesies dress ups - Thursdays I find stray creatures wandering about, cows, tigers, a cute little deer one morning:)

If you feel like a festival, he is booked for Earthcore.

So your queries -
Single - yes, and straight , you are a gay guy aren't you?He can still be YOUR DJ, add him.
Madonna - I think Lourdes is about Nick's age, she is more relevant than Mum.

Back