Skip to main content

What's for dinner?

Oh shit @Illabeth my umm diet, is a lot like you.
Whatever sort of food.
With an occasional real meal.
But I do feed others properly every night - lamb cutlets for them.
Me - vegemite sanger

Slow cooked bourbon ribs.... nom nom
Can we have the recipe please?
I have tried doing ribs, turned out crap.
I don't eat them (seems like dog food to me, chewing on bones),
the boy loves them.
Really want to know how to do good ribs.

Tonight we are having an Indian "feast" and trying a protein we have never had before...which is goat. Making goat & veg Madras with Saffron rice. Have some Tandoori Chicken marinating too (just in case..lol) Worst scenario is tandoori chicken wraps for lunch tomorrow if it's not needed tonight.

Tonight we are having an Indian "feast" and trying a protein we have never had before...which is goat. Making goat & veg Madras with Saffron rice. Have some Tandoori Chicken marinating too (just in case..lol) Worst scenario is tandoori chicken wraps for lunch tomorrow if it's not needed tonight.
You'll have to let us know how it goes. I saw a sign up at our local butcher's saying 'Goat now available'. I'm not sure.

I will do @bleachy_dude! I have donethe prep for it which included "browning" it and it smells like lamb when cooked so that's a good sign. I'm slow-cooking it right now at 120deg. BTW I am a bit of a foodie so expect me to post in this thread often. :)

Looking forward to it :)
I enjoy being in the kitchen and trying new things. I also like learning new tips.

I went walking with the kids this morning and one of the homes I passed by had a lovely lavender bush. I couldn't help myself and picked a bunch off and continued home. Made a lavender custard with it- quite aromatic.

Oh shit @Illabeth my umm diet, is a lot like you.
Whatever sort of food.
With an occasional real meal.
But I do feed others properly every night - lamb cutlets for them.
Me - vegemite sanger

Sounds like me in terms of feeding others around me well. I prefer eating things that require little cooking, if that makes sense. Im happy with olives some yoghurt or white cheese, cucumber, tomatoes, avocado and bread most of the time. Or just eggs on toast with avocado... that is my comfort food. My pop always said I could probably survive in the wilderness lol

Reactions: kxk
@Sweetgeek .. I reckon you and I will get on just fine! :D Please give feedback on your Lavender Custard as I have wanted to give using Lavender a go, but worry that the scent will follow through in flavour as well. Was thinking of trying it in a Panna Cotta rather than the standard vanilla bean one I make as a special treat.

@Sweetgeek .. I reckon you and I will get on just fine! :D Please give feedback on your Lavender Custard as I have wanted to give using Lavender a go, but worry that the scent will follow through in flavour as well. Was thinking of trying it in a Panna Cotta rather than the standard vanilla bean one I make as a special treat.
will do. I was told by my grandmother that I may have left it to long to simmer with the milk so it might taste soapy... I hope she is wrong. But I will let you know once it has set

And yes, I think we will get on great :) I love the foodie type haha

Same @Sweetgeek - food I don't cook tastes best. (I don't mean I'm a shit cook, quite the opposite, especially baking)
Cooking anything, even yummy stuff tends to make me lose my appetite.

So my favourite food is salad, and ante pasta platter. And versions of that from every culture. Lots of tasty treats with crunchy bread.
Yum cha is heaven I reckon, snacks after snacks :)

Half price sale at my favourite foodie shop

Simon Johnson, every sauce they make is to die for, Hollandaise in a jar - phoar.
Everything they make tastes gourmet/home made/restaurant made.
Not cheap - but good value.
Hollandaise is usually $12, but lasts for weeks/months, and has enough for probably 20 or more serves.
All my faves were half price, Hollandaise, Bernaise, and a rib sauce to try.

And I spoiled myself and got this amazing cheese they had to taste, Brillat Savarin, French; I'm just going to eat that every night for dinner with crunchy bread.

Looking forward to it :)
I enjoy being in the kitchen and trying new things. I also like learning new tips.

I went walking with the kids this morning and one of the homes I passed by had a lovely lavender bush. I couldn't help myself and picked a bunch off and continued home. Made a lavender custard with it- quite aromatic.
THIEF!!!!! ;)

For those who don't know, goat is called "mutton" in India... mutton here of course is sheep that's too old to be called lamb. But still it's fine. but then I love all things India. Or, maybe, lots of things anyway. :D

Tonight I had a cheese omelette. Kitchen's kinda bare. Still hungry.

Reactions: kxk
For those who don't know, goat is called "mutton" in India... mutton here of course is sheep that's too old to be called lamb. But still it's fine. but then I love all things India. Or, maybe, lots of things anyway. :D

Tonight I had a cheese omelette. Kitchen's kinda bare. Still hungry.
what do they call sheep then?

Same @Sweetgeek - food I don't cook tastes best. (I don't mean I'm a shit cook, quite the opposite, especially baking)
Cooking anything, even yummy stuff tends to make me lose my appetite.

So my favourite food is salad, and ante pasta platter. And versions of that from every culture. Lots of tasty treats with crunchy bread.
Yum cha is heaven I reckon, snacks after snacks :)

Half price sale at my favourite foodie shop

Simon Johnson, every sauce they make is to die for, Hollandaise in a jar - phoar.
Everything they make tastes gourmet/home made/restaurant made.
Not cheap - but good value.
Hollandaise is usually $12, but lasts for weeks/months, and has enough for probably 20 or more serves.
All my faves were half price, Hollandaise, Bernaise, and a rib sauce to try.

And I spoiled myself and got this amazing cheese they had to taste, Brillat Savarin, French; I'm just going to eat that every night for dinner with crunchy bread.
You would be my favourite person to dine with!
I love salads, antipasto platters, mezze, tapas. I love the simplicity of it all, the freshness, the organic feel. Just throw me some balsamic with olive oil and fresh bread from a bakery if there is no food to eat. Satisfaction right there.

Tonight we were out and I ordered the seafood platter. The fruit was a wonderful touch to it. I ate mostly the cold seafood since my partner only eats what he calls the proper cooked seafood. Lucky I have no qualms about it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    511.4 KB · Views: 9
Well, the goat was interesting but (IMO) very rich. A stronger flavour than sheep mutton and sort of creamy on the palate. The rest of the family really liked it, so I will make it again and it's inexpensive at $10.99kg. Only thing really strange about it though, was the bones in it; they looked like teeth o_O and a lot of the meat looked like porkbelly (my husband said it reminded him more of licorice allsorts) with fat layers and meat layers. Next time, I will get a whole piece I can chop up myself rather than buy it already cubed. The cat loved the offcuts though.:)

Over the dinner table we also talked about getting some camel to give that a go at some point. Coles is selling it minced up here (QLD) in burger patty form. Will let you know how it goes when it happens.

You would be my favourite person to dine with!
I love salads, antipasto platters, mezze, tapas. I love the simplicity of it all, the freshness, the organic feel. Just throw me some balsamic with olive oil and fresh bread from a bakery if there is no food to eat. Satisfaction right there.

Tonight we were out and I ordered the seafood platter. The fruit was a wonderful touch to it. I ate mostly the cold seafood since my partner only eats what he calls the proper cooked seafood. Lucky I have no qualms about it.

Oh yummy, that looks scrumptious - seafood is so awesome because it comes in snack & bite sizes, and there is plenty you don't cook - or just for a minute.
I forgot seafood, I had an ex who was a fisherman, god it was good.And I tried all kinds of weird stuff.
And of course JAPANESE food, the best ever at clean and fresh.

And now, I'm getting a craving for oysters with corriander & chilli.

But - I have my melt in your mouth scrummy, very expensive, French cheese I am scoffing a quarter with a gorgeous crunchy sour dough. Orgasmic creamy, yum.
And this makes me think of my late Dad, his favourite food was cheese, and he swore it goes with good bread not shitty crackers.
I can take crackers.

Oh yummy, that looks scrumptious - seafood is so awesome because it comes in snack & bite sizes, and there is plenty you don't cook - or just for a minute.
I forgot seafood, I had an ex who was a fisherman, god it was good.And I tried all kinds of weird stuff.
And of course JAPANESE food, the best ever at clean and fresh.

And now, I'm getting a craving for oysters with corriander & chilli.

But - I have my melt in your mouth scrummy, very expensive, French cheese I am scoffing a quarter with a gorgeous crunchy sour dough. Orgasmic creamy, yum.
And this makes me think of my late Dad, his favourite food was cheese, and he swore it goes with good bread not shitty crackers.
I can take crackers.
Japanese food is amazing! I haven't had it for awhile actually.

You're making me crave oysters with coriander and chilli at this hour... I should of eaten more for dinner. I only felt like garden salad and a very small amount of hommous with some carrot and bread. The days are getting warm and my appetite is a disappearing act

I like crackers, well the ones with the sea salt are actually satisfying with some cheeses and even my lazy salsa (avocado, tomatoes, lemon juice, onion and olives). Yes to crackers. :)

Last night - salad and garlic bread.

And I discovered our rottie likes lettuce.
@Kismet come back and tell us what camel tastes like. Goat sounds kind of icky, I don't eat fat at all, sounds very fatty?
Interesting food adventures, wonder if camel is available elsewhere.
I tried croc have you? A bit like fish I thought, tasteless, with fish like texture not taste.

what is the weirdest thing anyone has tried?
Sea anemone - a fishy paste, and jelly fish - was like pork fat.

Back