Skip to main content

So...Back In 2015?

Untitled-Typo

Bland
Awesome site donor
Once again the debate has arrived. With ratings forming a pattern (no i did not copy and past from the 2014 thread :p) and this season coping flack because it's a pile of crap, will Big brother survive the harsh world that is network tv renewal and come back for a 4th season on Nine in 2015?

I would like to remain optimistic and see it return, but I highly doubt it will unless rating pick up.

Just my opinion...

Once again the debate has arrived. With ratings forming a pattern (no i did not copy and past from the 2014 thread :p) and this season coping flack because it's a pile of crap, will Big brother survive the harsh world that is network tv renewal and come back for a 4th season on Nine in 2015?
Nope, not on Nine. Hopefully back on Ten where it belongs. *fingers crossed*

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't Nine sign a three year contract with Endemol? If so, this year would be last year in the deal.

I reckon it could be 50/50 for next year. I can't see Channel 10 picking it up again with their current issues (ie; money debt, etc), if Nine weren't to renew it.

Last edited:
It would be devastating to lose BB again, but I think most people are not interested in what is going on this year. I usually watch every episode of every season, sometimes even twice! I don't even care if I miss some episodes anymore. Now that is sad and highly unusual for me.

I know this might sound a little strange, but I feel as though I have lost a kind of friendship with BB. I feel let down and disappointed. I will keep trying to get excited to watch, but I think this is more than likely the last year folks. Please prove me wrong BB. We all love you and don't want to seperate xoxoxo.

It would be devastating to lose BB again, but I think most people are not interested in what is going on this year. I usually watch every episode of every season, sometimes even twice! I don't even care if I miss some episodes anymore. Now that is sad and highly unusual for me.

I know this might sound a little strange, but I feel as though I have lost a kind of friendship with BB. I feel let down and disappointed. I will keep trying to get excited to watch, but I think this is more than likely the last year folks. Please prove me wrong BB. We all love you and don't want to seperate xoxoxo.
I feel exactly the same way . In fact I've missed quite a few episodes from this year and really couldn't care less about watching them. I also use to download them and rewatch them but I haven't been doing that either. I do watch the live shows though. Just like you, I don't feel that connection anymore. Maybe it's the late start time. Maybe it's because I spend all night holding everything off to watch BB that it just feels like it's taking up all of my time therefore subconsciously forming a negative response to it. I really, really hope that this improves! :frown:

I really can't see Big Brother lasting past this season. For me personally, the concept and format has changed too dramatically. Bring back "Old School Big Brother" (wishful thinking).

I am curious what the average viewer ratings were from 2001 - 2013. I'll go and do some digging around later. I'm sure they were much higher than they are at present.

:(

This series so far is averaging 700k just. If it continues its 600k streak it will dip to a 600k average, which is not good. I dont see it being renewed. Why renew a show that is just dead weight to channel 9? I'm getting all nostalgic thinking that Ten might pick it back up. But even if they do not fpr next year. Although, bb does make the monies, and ten need the monies..

This series so far is averaging 700k just. If it continues its 600k streak it will dip to a 600k average, which is not good. I dont see it being renewed. Why renew a show that is just dead weight to channel 9? I'm getting all nostalgic thinking that Ten might pick it back up. But even if they do not fpr next year. Although, bb does make the monies, and ten need the monies..
Too be honest I'm pretty confident that Big Brother will return on another network. The other networks have all expressed interest in the series at some point especially Seven right before Nine got it. My bet is either Seven or Ten will take it. Preferably Ten although I would like to see what Seven would do with it. Maybe not next year but sometime in the not too distant future.

Too be honest I'm pretty confident that Big Brother will return on another network. The other networks have all expressed interest in the series at some point especially Seven right before Nine got it. My bet is either Seven or Ten will take it. Preferably Ten although I would like to see what Seven would do with it. Maybe not next year but sometime in the not too distant future.
If Seven took it and it didnt rate well, it would be buried like the mole, and placed on at 12.00am

Reactions: MJL
I really don't see it happening, to be honest - and unfortunately I don't foresee it returning on any other network either. At least not for many, many years.

Despite my constant whinging about aspects of the show, I'll still be extremely sad to see it gone again. But Big Brother Australia in its current form just isn't working anymore, so it seems fitting for it to end now before it gets any worse.

Sadly.

I don't think it's dead weight. It's doing well in the demos and that's what any station and its advertisers want. People look at ratings numbers and say oh, it's doing so badly but it's in a later time slot and is performing just as well as last season so far in what really counts: the demos. All the complaints people are making this season are the same ones people were making this time last year at the same time.... almost down to the last detail. And all the "it won't be back" people were proven wrong again.

I think it'll be back. And if you're a BB fan you better hope Ch 9 keeps it because TEN can't afford it so it'll be shelved indefinitely. If they're struggling to pay for their #1 show Offspring now that their government grants have ended, they sure as hell don't have the $ for BB.

It's weird - 9 seems to pitch BB to the Tweens and Teens yet is on late.
Maybe once the Block finishes and if BB starts at 7.30 and ratings improve from that earlier time slot - yeah it will be back but I'm not holding out much hope for BB 2015.

Back