Skip to main content

Alpha male

Winterbourne

Unfallen Icarus
Like Ed last year, I can see Ryan assuming this role, and it being accepted. Lisa seems to be into his okka schtick already. He has started targeting behaviour he sees as geeky, especially if it is done by someone who is ready to lightly ridicule him. He instantly took control of Travy on the stage...

Ed was only Alpha Male in his own mind, Tim was ultimately the alpha, truly bent Ed over and gave it to him dry
Eventually, yeah. But it was a long road. Heidi, Jade, Tully, Matt and Caleb all just lined up to serve Prince Charming. In the beginning Drew, Tim and Mikkayla were pretty alone in not just handing him the win.

I just don't see an alpha male in the house, Ryan is an omega at best... An alpha female: YES! I actually think casting wanted more of a female dominance this year.

There's nothing alpha about Ryan. He seems like a spoiled little rich boy to me. Total dildo.

I think Dion's the closest thing to alpha in there, the question is if he'll continue to keep a lid on his arrogance and aggression like I think he's trying to do right now.

Whether they rule the whole house or not, isn't the alpha male the top MALE, whether or not they are the top HM?

And I cannot see Priya lasting long if she expects people to fall in line when she is so obviously talking to them as if she expects them to fall in line.

There's nothing alpha about Ryan. He seems like a spoiled little rich boy to me. Total dildo.

I think Dion's the closest thing to alpha in there, the question is if he'll continue to keep a lid on his arrogance and aggression like I think he's trying to do right now.

Ryan is making a play for it, or seems to think he deserves it, is all I am saying. Given the utter lack of any footage of the house interacting normally and the fact it is day 3, it is hard to tell.

The only alpha male I see is Travis.

Ryan is too much intouch with his feminine side.

David is hipster doofus

Dion is sponge bob square pants.

Jake is Tim v2.0

And the new 2 males I haven't pigeoned holed yet. But I'll peg them soon.

By alpha, I mean the alpha male within the group, not someone with an alpha personality type. Like, amonst the boys, who is the accepted leader, even if they are not strutting natural leader types.

There is not much to go on yet, as is being screamed all over these threads but in this picture there are some potential hints as to what is happening

QUOTE="Veronica2005, post: 1911360, member: 3469"]

1410357673977_wps_26_Big_Brother_2014_2nd_Laun.jpg

Ryan is sitting pretty, surrounded by Travy and Dion, with Jason sqeezing himself in, like Xavier tried to do last year. I know the pairs things is influencing the dynamics, but I will carry on regardless.

Sam is sitting comfortably, cracking up with Cat and Sandra, clearly relaxed and just enjoying Sandra's joke, and Lawson seems to be doing something similar withAisha and (Lisa?), telling them a story.

Jake seems to be in his own head, though, observing someone off camera, possibly listening to Gemma 's thoughts on what they are looking at.

From this, I interpret that the crew around Ryan will become the traditional BB Meathead group, that Sam and Lawson will be friends with the girls, whilst the Meats will be the ones the girls lust after, and that Jake is playing his own game.

Not much to bloody work with, thanks channel 9.

Last edited:
Wouldn't the para Olympic athelte with actual gold medals and accomplishments turn out to be the alpha male? He is an actual winner, not a wannabe.

1410357679168_wps_27_Big_Brother_2014_2nd_Laun.jpg

A few more tidbits.

Jake has siddled over to the central position, his legs open towards Ryan, possibly intimating acceptance, not necessarily in a gay way, just noticing where the power lies. Ryan, though, is closed off. Jake wears glasses, like a NERD. On his other side Bambi and Thumper are leaning slightly towards him, and we know Lisa is attracted to him.These girls will be the Pink Ladies to his Leader ofthe Pack.

Sam and Lawson, with David in tow, will be in the position of Drew and Tim last year, but I don't know if any of them can pull off te coup Tim pulled last year.

Eventually, yeah. But it was a long road. Heidi, Jade, Tully, Matt and Caleb all just lined up to serve Prince Charming. In the beginning Drew, Tim and Mikkayla were pretty alone in not just handing him the win.
Actually this is true. It wasn't until the hms realized that the people who circled eds group, were the ones being evicted, that it dawned on them that they are not the dominating group in the outside world.

The group was crumbling, and it was then that Tim took over as the alpha male

By alpha, I mean the alpha male within the group, not someone with an alpha personality type. Like, amonst the boys, who is the accepted leader, even if they are not strutting natural leader types.

There is not much to go on yet, as is being screamed all over these threads but in this picture there are some potential hints as to what is happening

QUOTE="Veronica2005, post: 1911360, member: 3469"]

1410357673977_wps_26_Big_Brother_2014_2nd_Laun.jpg

Ryan is sitting pretty, surrounded by Travy and Dion, with Jason sqeezing himself in, like Xavier tried to do last year. I know the pairs things is influencing the dynamics, but I will carry on regardless.

Sam is sitting comfortably, cracking up with Cat and Sandra, clearly relaxed and just enjoying Sandra's joke, and Lawson seems to be doing something similar withAisha and (Lisa?), telling them a story.

Jake seems to be in his own head, though, observing someone off camera, possibly listening to Gemma 's thoughts on what they are looking at.

From this, I interpret that the crew around Ryan will become the traditional BB Meathead group, that Sam and Lawson will be friends with the girls, whilst the Meats will be the ones the girls lust after, and that Jake is playing his own game.

Not much to bloody work with, thanks channel 9.
That's a really good illustration and description of interpreting the group. I have to agree with your assessment. Also I am going to factor in how Katie felt comfortable in confiding to the boys that she knows they will understand as if seeking their approval.

Actually this is true. It wasn't until the hms realized that the people who circled eds group, were the ones being evicted, that it dawned on them that they are not the dominating group in the outside world.

The group was crumbling, and it was then that Tim took over as the alpha male
To me Tim doesn't strike me as an alpha type so I wouldn't call him that. However he did fall on that 'role' in the house once, as you said, the 'cool kids' realised their perception of the house dynamics did not match that of the outside voting viewers.

It was at that point that there was a 'begrudging' fear and resentment against Tim for 'controlling' the game (i.e. Heidi turning against him for no good apparent reason, jealousy was probably where it mostly stemmed from).

They knew he was made out of Teflon and had to be careful how they interacted with him as by that stage they had figured out Tim was a favourite on the outside evidenced by the the fact that anybody who a 'confrontation' came out second best via being voted out. Hence why Ed started the half cocked 'smear' campaign against Tim that inevitably was to no avail.

Back