Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello :). Re: new setup, we have lots of emojis but sadly lacking in some areas. And we need a "love" button. And a "cheers" button. Oh, and the double post gremlin is a pest. Other than that, I quite like it. We do have fence you can sit on regarding Tully, but it's BYO.
This is closest I could find to a 'love' button :inlove:. Maybe we aren't allowed to have any lovin' in here. :(

Wow with all the moving houses arrangements and getting his degree done.. I'm convinced he's moving to... America! Hahahaha :p

P.S.
It's a joke. Just incase..

But Maths is optional after year 10 (isn't it?, it used to be...).

I think english should be compulsory - but possibly it wouldn't need to be included in every entrance score. (English was my best score. I'm an engineer - who can write reports)

In Qld, students in Yr 11/12 must choose an English and Maths subject, even if they are taking a Vocational pathway. That could change once we ditch our ridiculous OP scores and get in line with the rest of the country!

Thank you, yes it can be difficult at times but they're healthy and extremely happy kids so I'm very lucky :)
Perseverance is the key, and for them to find something they love. My son has dyslexia too, an absolute shocking speller and hated reading books, in fact never read a novel in his life. I use to read them out loud for him. Didn't do very well in his HSC, but he went on to do a cert 4 in fitness, and is now in his first year of Uni, doing his Bach of Policing. Really enjoying it. He has found something he loves, and that's what it is all about. All the best to your kids, it's hard work, for them and yourself but worth it. I am so proud of my boy, as I know how hard it has been for him

In NSW, students need to do 10 units ( usually 5 subjects of 2 units each) of ATAR subjects to get an ATAR (this is the tertiary entrance score for non NSW people) they usually start with 12 units and can drop a 2 unit subject in year 12. If a student completes 6 subjects (12 units) then the ATAR is based on their best 5 subjects, so is it possible to have English not count towards the ATAR score if it is the worst subject or will it count regardless?
In NSW two units of English have to count towards ATAR. As others have said, it's mandatory.

I was waiting for there to be some joke around the degree but Drew has just confirmed that it's no joke, so that's good.

Now it's a matter of whether he will try and use it or not. I suspect he will still be trying to do acting or whatever.

1. 7:09 AM - 9 May 2014 · Details
    " data-component-context="in_reply_to" data-you-follow="true" data-you-block="false">
    Anthony Drew ‏@drewanthony88 13h
    Got a degree, yay

Expand

2. 3:41 PM - 9 May 2014 · Details
    " data-mentions="drewanthony88" data-component-context="in_reply_to" data-you-follow="true" data-you-block="false">
    tim dormer ‏@timdormer 5h
    @drewanthony88 WTF!!!!!! You beat me. OMG flashbacks to that week in BB you won everything. I feel a hunger strike coming on! Lol, congrats!

Expand

3. 4:28 PM - 9 May 2014 · Details
    " data-mentions="timdormer drewanthony88" data-component-context="in_reply_to" data-you-follow="false" data-you-block="false">
    ŠARA ‏@SaraTompsett 4h
    @timdormer @drewanthony88 that was my favourite week! Sooo funny to watch you squirm tim (sorry!)

Expand

4. 5:08 PM - 9 May 2014 · Details
    " data-mentions="SaraTompsett drewanthony88" data-component-context="in_reply_to" data-you-follow="true" data-you-block="false">
    tim dormer ‏@timdormer 3h
    @SaraTompsett @drewanthony88 I tried so hard not to break. You should have heard what I wanted to say!!! Hahaha.

Expand

5. 8:26 PM - 9 May 2014 · Details
    " data-mentions="timdormer SaraTompsett" data-you-follow="true" data-you-block="false">

Anthony Drew ‏@drewanthony88 15m
    @timdormer @SaraTompsett hahaha apparently I've been eligible for 12 months! #idiot

Hrm we've been spoiled for choice with twitter fights recently; Ben12 vs Tim, OurTim vs UrineTim, OurTim vs Alex Mavriodackya, so my memory is a little hazy.

However from what I can recall there was an article where UrineTim called Tully a train wreck, hot mess, horrible regrowthed, shameless twitter spruiker who was trying to extend her 15 minutes of fame in any way (I may have paraphrased and/or/most definitely embellished here but whatevs I interned at the Daily Mail so I can). So OurTim was all like pot meet kettle towards UrineTim who had recently forayed in the enlightening world of urine drinking a.k.a watersports a.k.a. seriously-apple-juice-is-not-that-expensive-if-want-to-drink-something-golden. Then UrineTim was all like no fair I thought you guys were cool *tears* they is making up lies as I totally did not, but probably did, but definitely not in those words, but actually did in fact verbatim say train wreck.

UrineTim..... can't stop laughing!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

1. 7:09 AM - 9 May 2014 · Details
    " data-component-context="in_reply_to" data-you-follow="true" data-you-block="false">
    Anthony Drew ‏@drewanthony88 13h
    Got a degree, yay

Expand

2. 3:41 PM - 9 May 2014 · Details
    " data-mentions="drewanthony88" data-component-context="in_reply_to" data-you-follow="true" data-you-block="false">
    tim dormer ‏@timdormer 5h
    @drewanthony88 WTF!!!!!! You beat me. OMG flashbacks to that week in BB you won everything. I feel a hunger strike coming on! Lol, congrats!

Expand

3. 4:28 PM - 9 May 2014 · Details
    " data-mentions="timdormer drewanthony88" data-component-context="in_reply_to" data-you-follow="false" data-you-block="false">
    ŠARA ‏@SaraTompsett 4h
    @timdormer @drewanthony88 that was my favourite week! Sooo funny to watch you squirm tim (sorry!)

Expand

4. 5:08 PM - 9 May 2014 · Details
    " data-mentions="SaraTompsett drewanthony88" data-component-context="in_reply_to" data-you-follow="true" data-you-block="false">
    tim dormer ‏@timdormer 3h
    @SaraTompsett @drewanthony88 I tried so hard not to break. You should have heard what I wanted to say!!! Hahaha.

Expand

5. 8:26 PM - 9 May 2014 · Details
    " data-mentions="timdormer SaraTompsett" data-you-follow="true" data-you-block="false">

Anthony Drew ‏@drewanthony88 15m
    @timdormer @SaraTompsett hahaha apparently I've been eligible for 12 months! #idiot

Now it makes sense. Its the middle of the study period, how would he have already finished, I was thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back